Point_Blank
Point_Blank

Sneaking
Total posts: 1207
Posted:Ok, the search didn't show anything that looked like this. The other day, a good friend and I were having a session in town, and came up with the idea that we should attach our poi to our staff, a single loop attachment with the poi looped through around the staff. Doing it with doubles proved to be incredibly interesting and incredibly difficult, but the burn was brilliant. Whooooooo, new toy juggle weavesmiley ubbrollsmile

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Owned by clarence_quack

Delete Topic

Moka
Moka

is a medium/large scary man
Total posts: 420
Posted:Don't quite get it from the description... Any kind of Video, Photo or even diagram scribbled of a napkin???

Sounds pretty cool though (If it's what I think it is lol)

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

Delete

Basstones
Basstones

Do you do the poiz?
Total posts: 530
Posted:Hehe A mate and I were doing this a couple of weeks ago, we decided that the best way to describe what we were doing was Poiffling

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

Delete

entheogen
entheogen

Total posts: 173
Posted:Soundls like the amount of tricks possible with this apparatus would be quite limited, since the swinging of the poi would create an unsteady weight distribution. Have you experimented with contact or throws, or have you been limited to spinning tricks? Do you think completely new possibilities are available?

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

Delete

Point_Blank
Point_Blank

Sneaking
Total posts: 1207
Posted:I have tried a few throws and discovered that when I throw it a certain way, the poi spins out horizontally which looks really cool when lit up. Also done a few shoulder wraps with it that when done properly the poi doesn't tangle around my arm.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Owned by clarence_quack

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted: Written by: Point_Blank

Ok, the search didn't show anything that looked like this. The other day, a good friend and I were having a session in town, and came up with the idea that we should attach our poi to our staff, a single loop attachment with the poi looped through around the staff. Doing it with doubles proved to be incredibly interesting and incredibly difficult, but the burn was brilliant. Whooooooo, new toy juggle weavesmiley ubbrollsmile

Saw this done on Clapham Common 'bout a year back..... You might as well spin a staff with four wicks...

But it does look nifty! biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete