Forums > Social Chat > a thing about a move.....

Login/Join to Participate

Amn87SILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
hmm. a move i kinda discovered the other day that i havent seen listed, but it was good for linking others into it. i started doing a reverse spin.... then it became a butter fly to where the right hand goes clockwise and the left hand counter.... its the exact opposite of the videos here, but i have an easier time controlling them this way. i started with the right hand behind the back, the front... back front keeping same time spin. then i went left hand back.... left front and i alternated them back and forth.... my problem is when i start weaving back and forth like this, i cannot continue into a butterlfy again, in fact i can link it into a a forward 3 beat weave... coupled with a lapse of a 5 beat weave here and there... it looks relatively cool, but i cannot figure out for the life of me how it works.... and i have bruises to show for it.

LilBBoySILVER Member
Discoverer of Rainbow Cheese
143 posts

Posted:
Okay. From what I understand, the move where you're "weaving back and forth" is called a low wave. It's relatively easy to return to the butterfly from this. Okay, I'll do it in steps.

1. Do the low wave.

2. When the left hand comes up (to the front) and is about to return to the back, leave it there (spinning in front of you).

3. Bring the right hand to the front and bring the hands together, making sure that the left poi is on top of the right when they pass.

Voila! Have fun & practise lots! Thoughts are with you!

Time does not exist. In theory, everything with a beginning has an end. Therefore, only things with an end can have a beginning. As time has no end, it has no beginning, therefore does not exist. GO PHILOSOPHY!!!
Brittle Week was the shizz!!!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
* wades in with the hip thrusts*

shouldn't this thread be in the technical or "i've discovered a new......... move"

wink

LilBBoySILVER Member
Discoverer of Rainbow Cheese
143 posts

Posted:
*thinks*

Maybe......maybe......nah! Lol

Time does not exist. In theory, everything with a beginning has an end. Therefore, only things with an end can have a beginning. As time has no end, it has no beginning, therefore does not exist. GO PHILOSOPHY!!!
Brittle Week was the shizz!!!