drvariety
drvariety

Total posts: 75
Posted:Ive currently been doing a lot of slack lining and a lot of poi, and finaly i had the idea to cross-breed them. Has anyone else tried this? Ive found that the Weave is altering sense of balance too much to stay on the line, but butterfly and wind mill moves seem to work fine. Anyone have anyother suggestions for moves that would work on slacklines. weavesmiley

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

Delete Topic

MikeIcon
MikeIcon

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2109
Posted:Dont give up on the weave. Just because it may be hard, doesnt mean its impossible.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:ditto

bounce

Delete

SickWithWonder

Total posts: 56
Posted:yeah! I was recently following a touring circus and talking to their slackwire artist. The wonderful thing about slackwire is that you can play a lot more, you can really dance while you are on it, so I am almost possitive that a weave would be possible....it might be easier to do while walking, so that your ballence leg is always opposite your 2 hands....

on an unrelated note of crossbreeding circus skills, a friend of a friend started what he has dubbed poiggling, as in juggling while spinning poi....he basic one is 3 balls, just alternate forward spinning...but hes not a great juggler, so im pretty sure with the right siteswap you could do a weave.

Delete

maus
maus

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 4191
Posted:Dev Kev per chance?

Delete

strugz
strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3964
Posted:2bags was doing this when i met him about 3/4 years ago.........

hes good at wierd things pm him smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

ShawnF
Total posts: 162
Posted:Hmm... you could even do wraps on the Line perhaps... wink Like if you crouched down and had them wrap from opposite sides and change direction..

Shawn

Delete

drvariety
drvariety

Total posts: 75
Posted:Ya, thanks. Due to the position of the slack line when i was first doing this, i was having to pretty much stay stationary, but now that i moved it, i can do the walking three beat stickwithwonder suggested. And im going out right now to try those wraps you suggested. Thanks guys!

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

Delete

SickWithWonder

Total posts: 56
Posted:um.....be careful with the wraps....it would be tragic to wrap fire poi on a synthetic line and have it melt and break while you were on it....probably not deadly, but no fun....

and the wraps will probably mess with how the line is occilating....but could be doable

and the slackwire artist i was talking to performs under the name david didd and is touring currently with the bindlestiff family circus.

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 7193
Posted:eek devkev and his 3 ball juggling poi maddnesswow

and his crazy vodka biggrin

Delete

pineapple pete
pineapple pete

water based
Total posts: 5125
Posted:hehe, ive been looking into slacklining, probably getting one next week tongue

cheers, pete smile

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Delete

tcoops

Total posts: 4
Posted:poi RULE

Delete

TheWibbler
old hand
Total posts: 920
Posted:regarding weaves:

if you do butterfly weaves instead then you can keep it on each side of your body if you need to balance, whereas a regular weave gets twisted up.

good luck

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

Delete