john.vidafarPLATINUM Member
1 post

Posted:
Hi guys
I want to make some fire snakes but can't seem to find any information on it anywhere on the internet.
Can somebody please help me.
I have all of the material at home, including the 1/2 inch rope, but was wondering how to attach the kevlar rope to the chains.

jeffhighGOLD Member
89 posts

Posted:
go to https://www.feuershow.de/
to the tutorial section then look under DIY for a selection of methods for fire snakes.

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
I made some about a year ago and they're great! They burn really bright and really long.
You can see a picture in
my gallery

I bought stainless steel rings from a hardware store, the ones that people would use under screws. I don't know if you can see them allright on the picture. So I put the rope through it and braided it, and connected it with an oval quick link from HoP to a barrel swivel (also from HoP).
The I sew the ends of the braids together with kevlar thread (from HoP) and also glued them wit white school glue. You could probably also use normal cotton thread, the cotton would burn away but the glue would probably keep it all together.

Good luck with making your own snakes!
Maybe you can post a picture of them here once you're finished?

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
try searching HoP by using the search function in the top right corner. there are several designs in the forums, mostly in the technical discussion pages.

cheers, pete smile

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*