Forums > Social Discussion > Glowsticking.com server hacked

Login/Join to Participate

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
Since a few HOPers regularly visit glowsticking.com as well, I thought it would be important to inform you of this incident

Written by: Dave

Quick and dirty message:
Server got hacked into by some hackers and they put some trojan on there. Because i was out of the country I was not able to take down the server nor able to issue the necessary requests for datacenter assistance. The exploit has NOT yet been discovered or made public and the usual scans don't show anything wrong on our server, and thus I am going to reinstall everything on the server. It should not take more than a week. The staff is backing everything up at the moment. In good news, I will probably install a newer version of the forum. Sorry guys.
Also, I highly recommend you run Firefox (www.firefox.com) as a browser from now on, so hackers don't have incentive to keep hacking servers around the world. In addition, please run all virus scans if you were on glowsticking.com from 5/22 to 5/25. I highly advise you to not log into financial instition web sites and if you did, please change your passwords immediatly, preferably on a different computer.
To keep in touch with the latest news, I recommend joining the Glowsticking.com chat room on AOL instant messanger or the SoulSeek Chat rooms. I will login periodically to notify people on the progress of everything.
On the plus side, the media center will be forced to be redone, and newer, faster versions of everything will be installed.

The site has been down for a few days, hopefully with some luck it will be back up again soon

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
frown

Hugs to CynicDave and the rest.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
Yeah...I found out about that yesterday. I feel really bad for Dave. frown

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Damn that sucks frown

Best wishes for sorting it all out as soon as possible.

If there's anything i can do to help then gimme a shout,

matt

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.