SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, this is a bit of a gross subject, and I don't want to upset anyone, but I need peoples help to get more names on a petition. Below is a copy of the header on the email petition a freind sent to me. If you do want to help out, just copy the bulk of the text, add your name and location, and send it off!

A site that we were able to shut last year has returned. We have to try to shut it down again!
A Japanese man in New York breeds and sells
kittens that are called BONSAI CATS. That would sound cute, if it weren't kittens that
were put in to little bottles after being given a muscle relaxant and then locked up for the rest of their lives!! The cats are fed through a
straw and have a small tube for their faeces. The skeleton of the cat will take on the form of the bottle as the kitten grows. The cats never get the
opportunity to move. They are used as original and exclusive souvenirs. These are the latest trends in New York, China, Indonesia and New Zealand. If you think you can handle it, click
https://www.bonsaikitten.com

have a look at the methods being used to put these little kittens into bottles. This petition needs 500 names, so please put your one name on it!! Copy the text into a new email and put your name on the bottom, then send it
to everyone you know. If you notice that there are 500 names on the list, please send it to: anacheca@hotmail.com

thanks

[ 19. January 2003, 04:21: Message edited by: Spiral ]

Papa Lebamember
23 posts

Posted:
For those who are easily distracted or do not yet know the crappy humor some individuals use the Internet for: THIS IS A HOAX!

Why are pet lovers getting into a catfight over a parody Web site? See for yourself.
https://www.zdnet.com/products/stories/reviews/0,4161,2692699,00.html

By the way it's an old hoax already!

Papa Leba((( If all that was unseen was seen, then that which we now see would be unseen )))

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
please do not take any of that as being true, the websites have been around for quite some time, i discovered them over 2 years ago, non of which is at all true. but it does leave some sickened feeling inside when you see the photos.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Erm yeah Liam. It's not real. You should've noticed this.

Maybe you were reacting without truly seeing or sumfing.

there's much worse things out there to get riled up about. Don't worry yourself over stuff like this...

Meh

twirlywhirlyfiregirlie (nancy)member
78 posts

Posted:
phew!!!! thought it was real when i first read spirals post and saw the pics ew! hallo cantus my lovely i havent said thankyou yet for the trapdoor and stop it and tidy up suff u sent me i loved it i forgot how cute tidy up was am i righ in thinking i have the pleasure of yours and the fluffsters presence staying at ours? hurray! u can have the best bits of floor! theres quite a few stayin so it should ve cosy cant wait to see u lot again so we can sit in a corner and snigger at others just kiddin see u soon sweetheart love to the hyper active fluff machine too

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
People will believe anything horrible if you say you saw it in New York City.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
One time I saw on the news. How this big gorrila had grabbed a girl and he was climbing up a big building with her.

Then all these planes came and shot him.

I was outraged.

How could anyone treat a rare beast such as that so horribly. Especially when he was just trying to get a better view of the city.....

Meh

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
even though it's a hoax, it's still f***ing sick. I've know about this for months, but the thought still makes me sick.

[ 20. January 2003, 19:16: Message edited by: Frost ]

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Darn, and after reading that post I was tawling through the yellow pages here in New Zealand to try and buy one... :-)

Yes it is a little sick, though i must admit to seeing cats put themselves in similar situations, only to be rescued by humans.

Maybe thats what orignated the idea...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Locced DBmember
17 posts

Posted:
you guys wanna see another sick site? go to www.humanbeef.com believe me, its worth your time, do you think this site is a hoax?

Where's My Beer?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hoax in the sense that it's not working? Or hoax for another reason?

Personally I like this one

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
this is the article that explains about both sites (the manbeef site selling human flesh, and the bonsai kitten site) and about them both being hoaxes.

Just thought you might like to know

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Bha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!

C@ntus, that site is brilliant! Now i can't stop laughing and my neighbour is looking at me funny

I'm pleased it only took me a minute or so to figure it out...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

AstroBoymember
43 posts

Posted:
I think these types of sites rock! I think it's funny when people believe this stuff and send hate mail all around, i'm in the works of creating my own controversial fake site.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Will it be good enough to get petitions formed because of it I wonder Astroboy....

Meh

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!

The Invisible Killer

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The Horror Must Be Stopped!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

It's Not Too Late!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know can hurt you and others throughout the world. Send email to no_dhmo@circus.com, or a SASE to:

Coalition to Ban DHMO
211 Pearl St.
Santa Cruz CA, 95060

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Di-hydrogen Monoxide. That wouldn't happen to have the chemical composition of H2O, would it?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Rozi:
Di-hydrogen Monoxide. That wouldn't happen to have the chemical composition of H2O, would it?
Sounds familiar too doesn't it?

If you think about it, everything from my post is true. It's just taken out of context. I think it's a great spoof on the ease of hype.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Very clever PWB! I liked it a lot.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Silly puppy

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
PWB... I use that often in my chem class. I've seen that post as well.

I have done some research myself and found that a rare solid form of DHMO may have been instrumental in the Titanic sinking as well.

Also, some pro atheletes have admitted to using small to moderate doses of DMHO before and sometimes even during important games to "improve performance"...

When will the general public wake up?

(I got a million of em')

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KrysBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
How could anyone take that site seriously?

some people, I swear. . .tell them that gullible isn't actually a real word and they run for their dictionaries. . .

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Try not to mock my little brother (spiral) too much Krys.

He's allowed to be extra gullible cos we won't let him have a puppy.

Meh

Evil Biscuitmember
59 posts

Posted:
c'mon... for real messed up sites you just can't beat our old friend ROTTEN

There is no right and wrong... only fun and boring

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:

Dihydrogen Monoxide - the Invisible Killer.......

ROFLMAO

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

KrysBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
No problem, Cantus. Until you obtain a puppy (the source of scepticism for growing lads everywhere) for your younger brother, I will keep in mind he's slightly more innocent than us older, cynic crowd.

Evil Biscuitmember
59 posts

Posted:
I hope you don't mind but I sent that DHMO thing to some friends.. all found it very amusing....

There is no right and wrong... only fun and boring