ThePissedHippieBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
yo i need some help. im in a jam. i dont realy kno what fuel to use. i have kerosene and one of the guys here said it isnt the best thing to use but sadly im not old enough(15) to go calling chem manufacturees (you have to be 18 to buy hazerdus chems in the usa and have a good reason) and i need something that will work. i have kero(9 leiters). all im looking for is ideas on fuels that i can use later or that ican get my hands on without going to chem companies thet will report me for asking them about hazerdous chems. weavesmiley

thx for the help

EDITED_BY: ThePissedHippie (1144687077)

"tis not the dark i fear, but the creatures that lurk within it"

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Not old enough? I think you should try anyway. Or are you waiting for a specific date to be 'grown up'? tongue

Pull out the yellow pages, find a number for a chemical manufacturer's near you.

"Hi, I'm looking to buy 20 litres of Shellsol D60 or Solvent D60- would you happen to know how I might go about it?"

tsk.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
If you had done a search, you would have found this article on different types of fuel...

Kero will catch fire, so will petrol wink

You've just got to understand how each fuel behaves, both when on fire, and not. Petrol as I'm sure you know, explodes where as kero burns.

Now from reading that above statement you have made an informed decision of 'I'm going to use Kero, instead of petrol as petrol will most likely leave me with 3rd degree burns, and possibly kill me'

Fantastic smile

I think if you're old enough to fire spin you're old enough to pick up the telemaphone, and find out about the different fuels. Then you can be informed, and make a decision on what fuel you'd like to use smile

Personally I find no problem with Kero at all. It's relitivly cheap, has a standard burn time, and if you're worried about getting covered in soot when you're fire spinning - you shouldnt be fire spinning
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1144581378)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

That Aimee writes more and more sence everytime I read a post from her wink

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

wink

15 posts

Posted:
to amiie iv already read the article and sadly in texas u have to be 18 minimum to buy hazardous chemicals. so for know ill just use my kero.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Do you hacve to be 18 to buy kerosene?

Cant you just do what all the underage teenagers in the UK do when they want someone to buy them alcohol?
Go and hang around the nearest place they sell it, then ask someone to go in and buy it for you?

RayinRedSILVER Member
39 posts

Posted:
I've used tiki tourch fluid before. Was it great? eh. Was it good for my equiptment/health? Probibly not. But it worked.

15 posts

Posted:
lol ur paln would work in the city chip but i live in texas and its the frekin bible belt lol her almost all fanatics. plus they have guns!!! lol jkjk iv already taskin care of it i haed my older brother whos in collage buy some for his "scince project".... lol thx peep sand peace out

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
So what did you end up getting? lol.. bible belt with guns ubblol

15 posts

Posted:
to Ry lol yep partner. "i'm be your huckleberry" tombstone.*BANG*

lol they sent my older bro solvent D60 (5) leiters cuz they figured its a science project. it dont realy matter though cus now all i just have to get is my poi lol and i have to wait till i can cash in on some deals i have with freinds. lol i hate waiting!!! mad2 peaec out and thanx for all the help guys
EDITED_BY: ThePissedHippie (1144767385)

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol yeah Texas can be a scary place ubblol ubblol ubblol

You could always go to any store like Wal-mart/Target/K-mart.....or any craft store or candle store and buy lamp oil.....I'm sure theres not age restrictions on that wink

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ThePissedHippie

it dont realy matter though cus now all i just have to get is my poi lol and i have to wait till i can cash in on some deals i have with freinds. lol i hate waiting!!!

You could always make some....look here
kevlar works best but you can use jean material or towel as well wink

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Hey cool! Congrats! You're the first non-Aussie whose managed to obtained D60 biggrin Well done.

Actually regarding D60, you could also just have told them you're using it to clean your driveway ubblol..

boobookittyfudgeGOLD Member
sneaky little kitty
251 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ThePissedHippie

to Ry lol yep partner. "ill be ur huckleberry" tombstone.*BANG*

phwaa. it is: "i'm your huckleberry, that's just my game" get it right! rolleyes
EDITED_BY: boobookittyfudge (1144764479)

you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!

mmmmm...cheesecake