Forums > Social Discussion > Help us save Tara, Ireland

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Tara - the setting for the Irish invasion last year - is under threat! frown mad frown

(The below is copied from an email from Kat. Thanks for the heads up on this hug )

Tara, one of the most important sacred sites in Ireland is under threat due to the Irish government's plan to build a Motorway across it!

For more infomation

Click Here

Though it seems futile as the government seem to do what they want regardless, please sign the online petition to try and stop yet another motorway and moneymaking initiative destroying Irish heritage

Sign the petition here...

Please, please, please take the time to sign this petition.

It will be a very sad day if the motorway plans go ahead.... evil moneymaking censored mad

You can see just how beautiful Tara is, by checking out the video which can be found on this website

grouphug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
A little late... but I signed. :-\

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Ok I've been talking to brian about the fire gathering, everyone has exams and/or work so we won't plan it for a weekday, the tara protesters don't have jobs etc so it's no problem to have these things during the week, I'll ring the camp later and just let them know how much more amazing it would be to have it at a weekend when a hell of a lot more people could go. Anyway I'm going to the BJC but I'll arrange it when I get home with the Tara folk and then Brian can look after the organising. it could be really good.

You can only be young once but you can always be immature.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

I think the fire ceremony would have to be on Bealtaine smile

But they'd probably be hanging around for the weekend...

Getting to the other side smile

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
No they'd be happy for us to come up on any night. The more the merrier so I'll arrange it for a weekend near Bealtaine and let you all know the arrangements. Brian from DIT might arrange a bus to go up but that's not for definate yet. Anyway have to go pack for the BJC coz I'm going a day early but I'll be sorting it out as soon as I get back and I'll let everyone know are early as possible.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
?

Yep... I'm sure they would be confused

Info about Bealtaine:

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bealtaine

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Clare_

?

Yep... I'm sure they would be confused

Info about Bealtaine:

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bealtaine

I suppose it depends on why they want us there - if for ceremonial reasons, then of course, Bealtaine would be the only time...but if they are seeing it more as a raising awareness/protest event, then a more accessible time would make sense... hug

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yep... for sure...

smile

See you soon missus
x

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Seeing as I'm one for synchronicity:

https://www.uhc-collective.org.uk/webpages/toolbox/

(found this while googling "rip-stop nylon" site:.uk)

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Hey, just back from the BJC juggle weavesmiley and as promised I've been on to the Tara protesters peace to arrange a fire night with them. They're not too worried about having it coincide with Bealtaine but they quite liked the idea of having it on the full moon which would be on the 4th of May. However, this seems to be an extremely busy month for people with exams and work and stuff so I had a look at the phases of the Moon and a good date may be the 1st of June which is also a full Moon and also happens to fall on a friday. So before I go ahead and starting putting the word around and finalising plans does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Mairead x

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Hey for an update in information go to the official website at https://www.tarawatch.org/ and also here's the latest info (stolen from indymedia):

Protestors who have been camping on the Hill of Tara since the Summer Solstice on June 21, have been ordered to leave by the Office of Public Works (OPW), according to protest group TaraWatch.

The protestors are trying to highlight opposition to the M3 motorway that will pass through the Tara archaeological complex, in the Tara / Skryne Valley.

This action being taken by the OPW is outrageous. The Hill of Tara belongs to the people of Ireland,” said Tarawatch political affairs officer Siobhan Rice.

“These people are camping peacefully on the top of the Hill of Tara. They are not interfering with any works, and should be allowed to remain.

“They are exercising their constitutional right of free speech, and expressing the view of the majority of Irish people, 70% of whom want this motorway moved.

TaraWatch is calling on the public to support their peaceful demonstration, which is taking place on the roughly 100 acres of publicly-owned land atop the Hill of Tara, near the Sloping Trenches.

Excavations are currently under way on 38 archaeological sites between Navan and Dunshaughlin.

The excavations, approved by Minister for Heritage Dick Roche on May 4, 2005, are now the subject of a Supreme Court case. The hearing date will be scheduled in the coming weeks.

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Ok Me again. No one seems to be looking at this thread but just in case.... the fire gathering is going ahead on the 01/06/07, there was a question of whether it would clash with Eimhin's gathering in Offaly but I contacted him and his is the following weekend, so anyone out there who loves Tara and wants to actively help please be there on 01/06/2007 with fuel, toys, drum etc, it will really give the protesters a boost.

Page: