PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So a few years ago, and then again recently, the idea was put up to have a fire art calendar. At the time a few years ago, I was not in the position to do this, but I am now so...I will.

First I am going to amend this, while originally it was for fire, I would like to have it be for spinning art on the whole, since all are beautiful and have merit.

That being said, I would like to put together a 12 month calendar utilizing between 12 and 36 photos, as well as a day calendar utilizing up to 365 photo's, if possible.

Now:
Here's the deal.....

All photo's will need to be digital or sent to us via scan. Hardcopies are only accepted by special circumstance, this can be handled through email.
Size and resolution will be announced.

All photo's must be labelled clearly as to who is in them and what tool is being used.

All photo's must be accompanied by a brief letter of permission for reproduction.

All photo's must contain CLEAR examples of the following:

Presentation of a spinning or fire art

Performer/s (I want to see your loverly faces and body positions not just black costumes with lights in the air)

Think creative. Think costumes. Think scenic places/backdrops. Since this is in still format, technical moves are not so important as what a camera can capture in a stolen moment. Photo's with presence and emotion are what we want to see.
And I KNOW everyone is capable of this on here.

This is not a competition. All photo's submitted will be looked at according to the criteria.

The deadline for photo's to be in is May 31, 2003.

Please send photo's, inquiries and comments to:
FireArt2003@yahoo.com

Thanks all...I hope this can become a reality!
Pele

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
What an AWESOME idea Pele!!!

so after they have been printed and whatnot... where will we be able to purchase them? through HOP im guessing.

Im sure this will happen! i know it will!

~SpArKz~

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

Glablo Panmember
4 posts

Posted:
Sounds great. I want one. If someones picture gets accepted do they get a free calender?

Al safar zafarvoyaging is victory

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a greta idea.

Malcolm, would you be able to do a little gallery thing like that last photo comp you ran? That would let everyone see what has already been submitted...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
of course i'll submit...(don't take that too literally, now, pele, i can see your pulse quickening)

i think my butt should get october, just my two cheeks and a fire stick shoved in the rear
caption possibilities:
"frightmare before christmas"
or
"halloween treats- how many licks to get to the center?"

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Well, you *know* how hard it is for me to resist you arashi!

Perhaps you should do your own "Fire for Fetish"
calendar arashi!
Or you can paint jack o' lantern faces on your cheeks so that the middle is lit up and it can read "Tricks and Treats Unite!"
Although the thought of arse hair and fire...not appealing.

Perhaps I should add that the photo's should be void of sexual content?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK