Forums > Videos > Sui - Vid Archive (Update: 4/29/2008)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
So, here's the vid archive so far, and a visual diary of progression of sorts. And, since everyone has their preferences, I include several download options:

-= NEW =- PDX Fire Jam, featuring members of the Vulcan Crew!

Youtube:

-= NEW =-

poi, contact staff, meteor, double staff - 10.27.2007

7-29-2007 - Oregon Coast - Fire Poi, Fire Staff & Doubles

Pick your server:

Youtube link:

Myspace vid link:

https://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=18367680

Google vid link:

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5436431875251579806

7-28-2007 - fire poi, fire staff, fire double staff

youtube video link:

Myspace video link:

https://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15338740

Google video link:

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8124759447160082810

September 23, 2006 - Contact staff practice and some fun isolation/stall stuffs with poi

WMV direct download link 9 mins, 27MB

My good friend Emily - July 22, 2006 - Fire poi

WMV direct download link 5 mins, 14MB

July 22, 2006 - Fire staff (doubles, contact) and Fire poi

MySpace link

WMV direct download link

June 05 2006 - Double staff practice

Myspace link

WMV direct download link

May 20 2006 - tail poi (advanced stuff with tails), some staff and a wee bit of juggling

MySpace link

WMV direct download link

Apr 29 2006 - workin on waist wraps, also some fire contact smile (poi)

MySpace vid link

WMV direct download link

Apr 05 2006 - My first posted fire vid! smile

Mar 13 2006 - A bit over the 6 month mark.

Jan 31 2006

Dec 01 2005 - Around the 3 month mark.

Nov 18 2005

Sept 29 2005

Sept 08 2005 - My first recorded spin, a couple of weeks after I started.

EDITED_BY: Suibom (1209490160)

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the comment. My vids to date have just been practice for the purpose reviewing and correcting issues and finding patterns. Location and prettiness will come about when I start practicing performance, which will be soon. Unless I make a fundamental change to movements, or have something specific to show, I don't think I'll be posting any new poi practice vids, I'm at a comfortable level with poi now.

That being said, I shall move on to staff practice vids smile...

-= NEW =- June 05 200 - Double staff (streamed) -or- direct download (17mb) -= NEW =-
My brain didn't really want to deal with doubles work, but I attended a workshop headed by Meg last week.. things are starting to come along now.. fun stuff, although infuriating at times.

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
You need to work on your transitions more, and getting all your moves in both directions. You keep changing direction just to do a certain movement.

Plus: The halo roll over the back - the staff in front looks a bit left out of the spinning: sort it out. and catch the shower throws with less twist of your hand. It shouldn't be all turned upside down like that.

Nice bfly weave diagonally across your body thou, I'll steal that... biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ditto

good work tho dude - personnaly i like the staff over staff over staff from one side of body to the other smile

Glad you enjoyed MCPs workshops, her staffing aside what did you think of her hair?

smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the comments smile

Meg: I know you're trying to tell me something.. but all I see typed is "*Do It*"... Oh, wait, comback here with that.. thief! :P

Strugz: I dunno.. I couldn't see her hair, she was wearing some strange creature on her head most of the day.. Oh, that was her hair???

Heh, actually, my hair often times gets crazier than hers, specially after messin with contact staff. I just shaved it all off tho.. summers are good for that.

I'm still workin stuff out, my left arm is gimpy when it comes to doubles, there's a lot of work yet to be done. It's only been a couple of weeks though, so progress is happening. At the workshop I was usually just staring around with glazed eyes think "what the hell did she just do??", then I'd try it and get my arms in all kinds of a tangly mess.. that was a painful day.

Peace,
- Sui

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
DO IT!!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
-= NEW =-Fire staff (doubles, contact) and Fire poi (YouTube link) -= NEW =-

New stuff.. My first available capture of fire staff work. Was for a reception of a friend of a friend's. Unfortunately my staff spinning is still crap, and the contact even moreso that day. Ahwell, you have some good ones and some not.

Enjoy,
- Sui

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Art, I love your new video,,oh wait, you haven't posted it yet,,,,carry on.....

jackyneoSILVER Member
48 posts

Posted:
good job..keep it up and train hard..

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Heh.. here ya go Stout.. maybe a little late. The spinning aint much in mine, but the view is wonderful.

-= NEW =-
September 23, 2006 - Contact staff practice and some fun isolation/stall stuffs with poi
WMV direct download link 9 mins, 27MB

My good friend Emily - July 22, 2006 - Fire poi
WMV direct download link 5 mins, 14MB
-= NEW =-

Peace,
- Sui

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
-= NEW =- 3 Days in Oregon-= NEW =-
At the beginning of December I took a trip over to Bend, Oregon to visit the troupe FyreFlyte for their open fire jam. The next day we all trekked on over to Prineville for a show. And then on the 3rd day, Sunday, we hit the Portland open fire jam for an amazing end to an amazing weekend. Here's the result. As with all my videos, the spinning footage is shaped by the music, please listen to the soundtrack for full effect.

Spinners in order (most can be found on Tribe.net or MySpace): Fire Fans - unknown, FireWheel - Brandon Huston, Fire Contact Staff - Suibom, Fire Poi - Michelle, Fire Hoop - Brandon Huston, Fire POi - Thena, Fire Devil Sticks - Noah, Fire Contact Staff - Suibom, Fire Torches - Shireen and Indigo, Fire Hoop - Rebecca, Fire Staff - Michael, Fire Poi - Suibom, Fire Poi - Shireen and Indigo, Fire Contact Staff - Musashii (Jaine on poi), Fire Poi - Beth and Suibom, Double Fire Staff - Zan, Tripple Section Fire Staff - Jay, Double Fire Staff - Res Externa, Fire Poi - Suibom, Fire Staff - Michael, Fire Staffs - Suibom and Res Externa, Fire Staff - Michael

Enjoy,
- Sui

Choose your server:
YouTube

Google Video
https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1033460944996459614

Direct DL:
https://suibom.tepookatoys.com/vid/3days

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Just outta curiousity, is anyone interested in these links or should I let this thread lapse? I know a couple of you watch the vids, but I see you on other forums so you'd still get new links.

Anyway, just pondering.
Peace,
- Sui

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
keep it up sui... maybe you're next one I will give constructive criticism... the threat of which would stop any sane person posting... wink

I always want more vids! MORE VIDS! biggrin hug

plus 2000 views isn't exactly shoddy... silly boy. rolleyes

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I always like to see you spin Suibom, and there was some other cool stuff there too, nice to see a bit of 3 section staff, I think I'm going to try making one soon, wish I'd had more time, and space, to play with fcknippy's.

cute daft fire breathing trick around 9min in too, though it made me giggle as you could look at it as someone who didn't know how to do a burnoff biggrin

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Resaved original post to enable youtube embedding. Nice feature smile.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Whaaaaat???? Let this thread lapse ??? Yikes!!!!!!!

Just because I go through video watching "phases" and don't always comment on the ones I do watch ( I tend to feel like I'm saying the same thing over and over again ) doesn't mean I don't appreciate them.

hug

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Been a long time since I've posted a new vid and unfortunately I don't see that changing too soon. So, due to vid posting withdrawal, I figured I'd throw up this little snippet that I just found. Thanks to DROC for posting it up there. It's tiny, but fun:

https://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8136607 Sui, fire poi 4-2-07

Peace,
- Sui

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Hey all.. Just compiled a video of me and a few friends spinning at a house party. Hope you enjoy it, and remember to watch it with the sound on.

Pick your video server:

youtube video link:

Myspace video link:
https://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15338740

Google video link:
https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8124759447160082810

Peace,
- Sui

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
some of us are at work-no sound frown
especially as the receptionist

I think I liked the girl in black the best-she spins closely to what I would like my style to be
liked the moves at about 1:40 too with girl in pink too

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
You can use ear bud earphones :P. Maja (girl in black, pronounced "maya") is a fun spinner, she's come a long way this year. Emily (girl in pink) is an amazing technical spinner. She makes me envious of her skills sometimes smile.

I think I remember seein a vid of you spin at some point. I'll have to go back and dig it up and contrast it with Maja's spinning smile.

Glad you enjoyed the vid..

Peace,
- Sui

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
New vid, shot in the same weekend as the previous weekend but in an entirely different location.
Enjoy.
- Sui

7-29-2007 - Oregon Coast - Fire Poi, Fire Staff & Doubles

Pick your video server

Youtube link:

Myspace vid link:
https://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=18367680

Google vid link:
https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5436431875251579806

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Hot Damn Art... smile smile smile

Great video, I'm loving the sunset and ocean ( with bonus rock ) background.

clap beerchug clap

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Heya Stout! Glad you liked the vid smile. It was definitely a gorgeous place to spin and a pretty decent night, being the oregon coast and all (which is always windy and usually rainy). Hopefully I'll have another edit of that night out eventually, which will include the other folks I was spinning with that night.

And there's a big hoohah going down in Bend, Oregon this weekend with lots of stilting, partying and fire play (and some of the same folks from the coast and 3days vids), so hopefully I'll get decent bits of footage from that too smile.

Peace,

- Sui

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Shot back in Oct 2k7.. meteor, double staff, contact staff, poi and a wee bit o juggling. Mostly crap, but it was a bad day for spinning. I hadn't planned on releasing this, but I found some tidbits that I liked and wanted to build upon (and I think this is the only meteor vid I have) and I was compelled to release another vid (I blame the music, I love the music). Sorry the quality isn't up to par.

The rest of my vid archive:
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=suibom

Peace,
- Sui

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Nice spinning. I like that thing at 5:16, is that just one propeller and then turning your body?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
It's a propeller to angel roll. I usually enter this from a fishtail.

Peace,
- Sui

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
-= NEW =- PDX Fire Jam, featuring members of the Vulcan Crew!
Youtube:

-= NEW =-

Page: