Forums > Social Chat > 2003: What's in store?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
reckless girlmember
10 posts

Posted:
What are everyone's predictions for 2003?

I predict that:
- the earth will go the whole way around the sun.
- every time we have a friday, it will be followed by a saturday. yay!
- millions of people around the world will experience a brief moment of life-changing clarity that is incredibly significant to them, but that 99.9999% of us will never know about.
- squillions of new toothbrushes will be purchased throughut the year. some people will take the time to enjoy the difference this makes. others will not.
- on a personal scale, it will be the happiest year of my life.
- on a global scale, it will be the saddest year of my life.

What do all you guys think we are headed for?

well excuse me i'm only human...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty sure they'll get that whole Middle East thing figured out... maybe even by the summer.

And even smaller cell phones with more annoying ringtones.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I predict that rainforests will be chopped down for a half dozen toothpics!

The problems in the middle east will not be solved, under any cercumstances.

Men will die, women will cry and visa versa

The only change that I see will be the three.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Has anyone told you recently that you are really negative, my dear?

I predict that:

- children will be born
- people will fall in love
- life will go on...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
NYC, I have come to the unfortunate and inescapable conclusion that the only "solution" to the Mid-East is to carpet-nuke the whole region.

I predict:

-The earth will rotate in an easterly direction on AT LEAST 80% of days.
-Disney will produce a new movie.
-President Bush will piss me off.
-I will spin fire at least once.
-Elvis will suddenly re-appear from a decades-long cryogenic sleep, except due to a terrible error on the part of the aliens who preserved him, he will wake up out in the middle of the Black Rock Desert around Labor Day weekend. He will be mistaken for a Burning Man reveler and nobody will actually believe that he's Elvis and then he'll get hit by a truck while trying to get out of Burning Man and his body will be mangled beyond recognition and thus, his re-appearance will go completely unnoticed by society.
-This smiley will get an idea.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I can't predict the future, but I can learn from the past!
Although I agree with mike;
For sure Pres. Bush Will Piss Me Off!!

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
" I have come to the unfortunate and inescapable conclusion that the only "solution" to the Mid-East is to carpet-nuke the whole region."

I originaly posted a reactionary insult to Mike over this post. This has now been removed to avoid offence. Mike, I think both of us should think before we post.

[ 27. December 2002, 20:15: Message edited by: jim bombadil ]

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey Jim, understand your initial reaction. Additional background, I have known Mike for a time, I am fairly certain he is being sarcastic in a very world weary way.

If you do have a problem with a post, and find it to be offensive, rather than a genuine attempt to start discussion, please use the "report post" function at the bottom of the post. This will enable the mods to deal with the situation appropriately rather than escalating it.

Thanks

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
i am sorry if mike is being "sarcastic" but i would put it that this was not really the impresion made by the post and although he may be "world weary" this is definately not the time to be weary, we are on the brink of world war 3 and all of our actions could decide the future of our planet. Please Mike don't make idle, offensive comment. think before you speak.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
The world is not on the brink of war, it is on the brink of love.

Here have a hug.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
i really hope so i really do

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
thank you

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
reckless girl, can you explain your last two predictions please?

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I predict that:

-Monkeys both in the wild and in captivity will groom each other for parasites, eating what they find.

-The fate of Farscape will be decided. (Hopefully it will be picked up by another network, even if its for syndication)

-Problems in the Middle East will not be solved. They have existed for thousands of years and will continue with pointless bloodshed.

-The New York Yankees will re-tool for another Pennant run.

-Some things will begin, some will end.

-Love will be found and lost.

-Millions will pray that belly shirts and low rider jeans stay in fashion.

-More politically correct terms will be created to help the insecure deal with the imperfect world we live in.

-The new music in 2003 will be released which sounds very much like the music from 2002.

-Hopefully more will get what they give.

Raphael

reckless girlmember
10 posts

Posted:
quote:
reckless girl, can you explain your last two predictions please?
1. for me, i think that next year will be the happiest year of my life because in the last few months i've changed alot and i know where my life is headed now. you know, identity formation. i've found my little place in the world, rolled around a bit, and now i'm comfy and happy!
2. for the world, i think that next year will be the saddest year of my life because of the current social situation. reading a newspaper never made me cry until recently and i can't realistically see things changing for the better anytime soon. in short, i'm scared of war. also, the amount of racism in australia is not getting any less.

there you go. to everyone.

well excuse me i'm only human...

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
sadly i predict that george bush will ignore the wishes of billions of people and continue to prove he is the least 'christian' person on earth

but also that much fun and love will be spread thru fireplay

Love
R

brain replacement...anyone?

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Dont be sad peeps!

Happiness is in your heart. Walk a fine line of balance and you will soon see that it is only as bad as you make it...

About the predictions...

To quote Drew (Glass) I will say:

'I know where my path leads. It goes wherever my wings will take me.'

I am flying now and hope that everyone can someday fly too. Much more fun to think of it that way. Let go of the past and embrace your present which is life. As soon as you live in the present so much becomes irrelevant. There is no path but only the one you make for yourself. As Cass says: Keep Shinning.

Show others that you can shine and one day when they understand they will be able to shine too. Next to you with smiles giggles and laughs.

love to all
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
I dream that in 2003 vines spread across the roads and into the buildings and over the cities and leave us living in peace for the future

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
quote:
every time we have a friday, it will be followed by a saturday. yay!
God, I hope so for my sake.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Jim, I was obviously being sarcastic about my initial post which I am sure that you know... but I did find it ironic that you seemed to use "American" as an insult...

I won't even share my opinion because then the "real" Americans will start raising the stars and stripes and whistling dixie again and the anti-american contingency will blame me for the nataionality of the womb I came out of... but I did find it interesting.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
fair point fair point, none of us can choose where were born, but due to where some of us were born some of us have the freedom to arse about on the internet making idle sarcastic comments about the geonocide being comitted by OUR governments. Now I'm born in England, one of the most agressive empire builders in history and a country now desperate to benifit in americas new world order so i know how it feels realise that maybe your just a cell in the body of the beast but i'm afraid for a vast majority of the world population the tag "american" (or "english") DOES have very negative connatations.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
And so should the tag "Australian" but we're just to damn good looking to be anything but loved.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Jim, tag yourself what you will, I however will stand for my country instead of airing its dirty laundry infront of others. Try showing some tact and remember that this post was started to ask people what they thought of 2003 not what they thought of America, England or even Australia.

If you wish to discuss this further feel free to PM me or start another topic.

Please let this be the end of the bickering between eachother and know that there is good still left instore for 2003.

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
i think george bushes war mongering is probably the one main thing which is influencing all of us as we enter 2003 so i don't see any problem in posting here. I don't know quite what you mean by a countrys "dirty laundry" was it my mention of the british empire or the mention of americas new world order, either way i don't see either of these as "dirty laundry" moreover they are results of many humans iexplicable strugles for power. You say your proud of your country .. the sooner we all lose our pride and realise that none of individual identities count for much the better. ONE LOVE ONE LIFE

2,905 posts

Posted:
What love do you know? "A man hath no greater love than to lay down his life for his brother."

That is love. What do you know of love?

My love is my country, my countrymen, those who I have met and those who I have yet to meet.

Do not lecture me on love nor life, you are mearly alive, but I have lived.

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
whatever you say mate, whatever you say
god bless america ehh

2,905 posts

Posted:
God has blessed America, just the same as every other country out there. Where babies are born and smiles worn, there you will find the true blessings of God.

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
in my conception of god there are no countries but thats by the by, how do you rekon things all pan out in the next 12 months then?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well I am hoping my little part of next year will be great, I am hoping to get my drivers lisence at the beginning of the year and dso a course at the middle/end.

-Twirling lots is always good.

- I think that if there is a war at all in the future, irrelevent of whom, starts it, it won't be like the old fasioned bullet and bomb war, it will be chemical warfare. It scares me greatly.

- On a lighter note I also hope lots of people fall deeply in love and get hurt rather than only loving a little bit. Cos to love fully and been hurt is better than to have never loved at all.

Shante

2,905 posts

Posted:
I have already stated my predictions. The next year will be the same as the previus, true the events will differ but it will all be the same.

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
... the mice will revolt, the ants will rise up, the bees and the wasps will lay down their stings and swap them for ploughshares. The sparrowhawk will retire after many years' service, while the stags will drink mulled wine and muse about the golden times. The ass will find a partner, and the ox will release his autobiography and go in for some identity therapy. London will go into hibernation, storing up six month's worth of acorns and hazlenuts, curling up somewhere warm near Charing Cross tube station. The skies will bleed red, will the rivers will turn green with envy...

And we'll run around as always, pushing heaps of green paper from one place to another, admiring each others' spangly watches, and wondering why our asses spread year from year, why vegetables are never fresh, and how incredibly beautiful it is to wake up each morning.

Seasons greetings one and all, and a verry merry new year.

Alex

it's not that i mean to set things on fire...

Page: