Forums > Videos > firedancing, hyperloops, suicides, butterfly time throws. *DELETED*

Login/Join to Participate

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by infinite
EDITED_BY: infinite (1140833804)

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think I saw any Hyperloops or Wibbles in that video...

I definately saw Throws and Airwraps though smile You might want to check up on your move definitions. There should be plenty of threads to help you out, and I believe an article was written about airwraps and Hyperloops.

I also think I saw some fire contact poi... biggrin Very nice!

There was some really nice stuff in there. smile Now I want to see a video of you linking it all smoothly, without any editing of tape smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
I hear you, I should post one whole burn. Now that I have the space, just need to re edit. OR tape another burn. Script a trick list... thanks for the input.

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
LTC, what is yoru definition of hyperloop? For every definition I've payed attention to, hyperloop is a type of airwrap and what he was doing several times in that vid was a simple hyperloop. Tho, it was definitely missing wibbles.

As far as the vid goes, I'd say first and foremost it needs more light!! It's difficult to make out what you're doing and watching a couple balls of light flap around isn't nearly as much fun as watching someone spin. Next I'd probably say get rid of the walleye lense if you can, it distorts the spin too much (makes it really hard to tell how much work you need to do on your flowers). And lastly I'd say, make another vid and spin as if we were your audience smile. What I mean is, spin for the camera as you would for an audience of folk, keep up movement, flow and transitions so that we can watch a show, rather than a bunch of trick clips. Tricks are cool, but a show is fun and more watchable smile.

That being said, nice work and you got some slick items in there. You ever head up to Eugene or Portland? If so, drop me a line, I'll gather some spinners up here and we'll have a jam. Some day I'll have to head down south to hook up with more firespinny folk.

Peace,

- Sui

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Suibom

LTC, what is yoru definition of hyperloop? For every definition I've payed attention to, hyperloop is a type of airwrap and what he was doing several times in that vid was a simple hyperloop.

Ok. smile I know what a nuisance defining moves can be! Here's what the article on airwraps an hyperloops says:

Written by: Article

An airwrap within a weave, starting with hands on top of each other on one side. The poi start airwrapping and transition to a beat of buzzsaw with the hands moving through 180 degrees of a circle (as in an isolation) so that the airwrap exits on the alternate side with the hands on top of each other, but reversed.

However, that definition only applies to same direction hyperloops. Butterfly Hyperloops obviously aren't in a weave, unless of course it's a butterfly weave...

Basically, a Hyperloop enters on one side of the body, has at least one beat in buzzsaw plane, and then exits on the other side of the body.

HERE is a video of me demonstrating the difference between Airwraps and Hyperloops. Air wrap stays in wall plane in front of me, Hyperloop goes across. smile At the end I add in some sort of thru-air-wrap thing (I'm not too sure on the name of this move) as well. At some point, I'll change that video to include a butterfly hyperloop/airwrap as well.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Can I make some requests for your next vid?
more light
less cuts
MUSIC!!

sorry just found it really hard to follow the vid wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

alphalightGOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
next time spin faaasssster please wink

nice location by the way

peace and light

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Ah! That "thru-wrap thing" is cool, never thought of doing an airwrap there.

I always thought a hyperloop was the thing in front of you rightly speaking, though this can be taken from side to side too... and an air wrap was when you have the outside-inside-outside pattern goin on like your "hyperloops" in that video, which ALSO don't have to go all the way across as they can go outside-inside-outside via exiting on the same side you came in from...

So the things in front of him WOULD count as a hyperloop I believe as they don't have the inside element of an airwrap.

Unless I'm backwards in which case I hope someone corrects me. smile

==

As for the video, I liked the little one behind your head / one behind your hip seperations. Snazzy.

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Ok tonight I will post a whole spin. Just need to pick one out. It is too dark i nthis one. A video made at dusk would have a lot less mistakes with my throws and let you see some of the arm work better. Hyperloops start like an airwrap but go through the buzzsaw plane and exit on th other side of your body. If the wrong poi head leads "out" you get a big tangle. I will film both and maybe title them in the video. airwraps are a bit easier for me now.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Written by: Leaning_Towards_Corruption

At the end I add in some sort of thru-air-wrap thing

if it tanlges, and doesnt enter the buzzsaw it always thru-wraps.. because if you call an airwrap something that doesnt have a buzzsaw part, then your airwraps at the beginning were the same as your thruwrap thing.. only between outer and inner wallplane rather than front and back.. wink

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: i8beefy2

Unless I'm backwards in which case I hope someone corrects me. smile

you're backwards wink

i can't see this video cos i'm at work and broadband at home doesn't get connected till friday.

once it does though i'll have a 10meg download to max out... biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood