FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Well it's not far away and the counter will bust the 30.K line...

bounce clap congratulations Malcolm and HoP!

But I observe members with no's past 30K already... what's this about? Is member number 29.999 taken already?

Should it be possible to trade HoP member no's? *gg* tongue wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
I said no, coz Im proud of my number!

Go 19191! Yeah! ubbrollsmile

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: FireTom

But I observe members with no's past 30K already... what's this about? Is member number 29.999 taken already?

[Old link]

[Old link]

[Old link]

Welcome to our newest member [Old link] who shows user number 30847...

But

Written by: HoP

29938 Registered User(s).

Strange shrug
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1139668628)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I think the difference in numbers of members compared to user numbers is down the the ninja alien squirrels. They are slowly but surely capturing our HoP members whilst they are distracted poi-ing and staffing in the park. They pin the said HoPper down and suck out their brains with a straw, fashioned from a reed or a hollowed out twig. Once the member has lost his/her brain the squirrels force them to come and delete their membership on HoP so that they cannot come back and warn the rest of us of the dangers!

*nods wisely*

Always remember to be vigilant. Beware of Squirrels!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I think it may also have something to do with people's accounts being removed/deleted after a whiles.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

boobookittyfudgeGOLD Member
sneaky little kitty
251 posts

Posted:
you see the squirrels too? i thought i was the only one! i see scary squirrels.
*goes to hide in corner with arsenic nuts in hand*

you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!

mmmmm...cheesecake

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Glad there's no squirrels in Aus. It's bad enough having possums with their evil, beady little eyes - I'm sure they're up to something but I'm just not quite sure what wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Are you sure they are not alien Possums from the planet Zog? Wear ear plugs and nasel plugs at all times.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

I think FRD is closer than you Skully, sorry!

But your version is, admittedly, funnier. biggrin

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
Well, unusual idea, but I don't see why. I mean, it shows when you joined, and shows others basically, that you have a rank, that cannot be changed, but increases as tiem passes. In my opinion; no, but not my choice.

I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you gonna wish I ain't cut you up so bad.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sethis

How is FRD's any closer than mine? I had accounts being deleted too..... just by zombified people made to do it by the Ninja Alien Squirrels. FRD just sounds like he is saying the same but that maybe Mods deleted them........ eek The mods are Ninja Alien Squirrels!....... I wonder how they do all that typing with such tiny little paws..... hmmmmmm that's a puzzle.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Written by: Sethis

How is FRD's any closer than mine? I had accounts being deleted too..... just by zombified people made to do it by the Ninja Alien Squirrels. FRD just sounds like he is saying the same but that maybe Mods deleted them........ eek The mods are Ninja Alien Squirrels!....... I wonder how they do all that typing with such tiny little paws..... hmmmmmm that's a puzzle.

would it scare you to know that there's only ever been one squirrel (or "ninja alien squirrel" as you call him). he's actually the "ninja alien QUANTUM squirrel" and is able to be in multiple places at once. he got into a fight with a dog in his later years and his tail's all f'ed up when you see him sometimes, but it's the same squirrel.

also, his name's rupert and he likes cheetos. you should feed him some someday. he might just tell you his crazy story...

-- dut

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
How is it that my Member Number is higher than the total amount of registered members? (0.o) Banned people perhaps?

I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you gonna wish I ain't cut you up so bad.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
The matrix is broken

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"How is it that my Member Number is higher than the total amount of registered members?"

Someone should do a FAQ about this....
rolleyes biggrin

Daiz: RTFT!
Written by: Skully

I think the difference in numbers of members compared to user numbers is down the the ninja alien squirrels. They are slowly but surely capturing our HoP members whilst they are distracted poi-ing and staffing in the park. They pin the said HoPper down and suck out their brains with a straw, fashioned from a reed or a hollowed out twig. Once the member has lost his/her brain the squirrels force them to come and delete their membership on HoP so that they cannot come back and warn the rest of us of the dangers!

Nowait.. thats not right. umm

It is due to problems emmigrating the member profiles from the old message board to the "off a shovel" board you see today. smile
I think.

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
i would assume that the member number is a primary key in the hop user database... each number can only be used once.. EVER! so there may be less than 30,000 ACTIVE users in the database, but there have been many more who have joined and subsiquently left or who's account has been inactive for so long that it's been removed, the number cannot be reused!

Generally all entries posted to a datbase are never deleted, they are either archived or marked as inactive and therefor do not appear in any queries.

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!