s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
It has come to my attention (unfortunately) that there is such a thing as greedy firetwirlers. Perhaps not heaps - but one does come to mind! Have you ever done a gig 'through' someone else and not got paid? (okay okay when it was a *paying* gig) I think it's outrageous that a piece of *trash* can take credit for other ppl's talent and effort. These kind of ppl can't come up with their own ideas so they just steal other ppl's and then claim them as their own. I think that not getting paid is an obvious sign that the person you did it through is extremely unprofessional, and obviously doesn't have enough talent to support themselves so they tag off other ppl. It is a plaintive cry that says 'I suck so I'll feed off your energy". You know who you are wink The karmic wheel doesn't forget anyone.How many other people have gotten this I wonder... [This message has been edited by splat (edited 26 April 2001).]

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
is that something like a pimp not paying his hoes?(sorry, theres that weird sense of humor again)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well, a couple of points..Performing for free doesnt provide grounds for value judgements on the performance. I know I've seen many totally crap paid performances. ones I could have done better, and I've never been paid.On the flip side, I think taking credit (whether that be praise or money or whatever) for another persons work is downright low.So I agree with you there.We have had similar things happen. once we almost had a potential client stolen by another twirler who claimed to be our agent.:/Josh

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Hey Splat i no how u feel.I once did a gig at a nightclub and at the end of the night the owner refused outright to pay me and because we only had a verbal contract there was nothing i could do. He has done the same to loads of performers, so many that he is now finding it hard to hire any one of any callibre. Ppl like that really make my blood boil. I think you're right about the karmic wheel & if i didn't i would be much more vengeful!!!Onelove smileThistlefirepixie tongue

Are we nearly there yet?

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I haven't ever done something for what you would call a "gig" but I do know what you mean about people being greedy. I definately think that some people just take credit for other people's work to compensate for their own personal lackings.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
*sigh*Happens almost every day to everyone. I mean everyday my boss gets credit for all our hard work and what does he do all day ..... have cigarette breaks....The sad thing is that it takes learning the hard way to know that there are a lot of dishonest people in the world. I would think very carefully about going into any agreement involving goods/services for money without written agreement these days.

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
that's a bit sad. some wild part of me kind of hoped that our generation would extinguish this but I also see it being carried on.If my boss was doing that I would not want to work for him and would probably leave.. (thinking back to a previous boss a few years ago at a checkout who did the same thing). Although there isn't exactly an abundance of work around.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King