Forums > Social Chat > Why do people degrade their pets like this....

Login/Join to Participate

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I was looking for a christmas present for a friend (a limited edition Batman mask) when I came across these.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Why would anyone do that to their pet dog? It's cruel. It's like these people that carry dogs around in handbags like some fashion accessory. It makes me mad. Show your pets some respect!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
ooooOOOHHH!!!
that dog in the batman costume is not happy (the one on the top row) and as for celebrities and their handbag dogs censored censored omg dont gent me started rant rant rant!!! AAAAHHHH!

sunny
I jumped into the river, what did i see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me. wink

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
If they didn't like it, they'd tear the costumes to itty bitty bits and eat thir owners. Or at least give them a bite or two.

wink

Yeah... fairly nasty to be honest. Looks crap as well...
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1133710317)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

If they didn't like it, they'd tear the costumes to itty bitty bits and eat there owners. Or at least give them a bite or two.

wink

Yeah... fairly nasty to be honest. Looks crap as well...

Lol, K, I once tried to put a pair of glasses on my cat (there was a pair on a teddy bear we had in our house which fitted Puuuurfectly). I walked up to her, and she KNEW exactly what i was gonna do so BIT ME censored HARD!!! I never try and do that to animals anymore cos I know they dont like it.

The only time I may agree to putting clothes on a n animal, is when their fur is farrrr to short, and you can get lil doggy coats or something, just to keep them warm.... thats not SOOOO bad.

PLUS! has anyone seen those bunny rabit leads. Its a lead for your bunny! I MEAN, WHO FRIGGIN WALKS A BUNNY! I SAW ONE WITH ONE ONCE! IT WAS MORE DRAGGED THAN WALKED! GRRRR

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
oh dear.......... i had a rat once and used to take him in the garden with a ferret lead redface but the thing is, he loved it he used to bounce around like a squirrel! R.I.P my little friend ubbcrying he had the best life a rat could have, i know coz ive looked after some really bad treated once, it really depresses me what people do to their pets, they're our friends not toys!

sunny

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
good thing you people haven't seen zippocat...

frown

The biggest atrocities in humanity are online. T___T

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
is that the same as Bonzai kitty? cos that was nasty? whether it was real or not i dont no. But that was nasty...

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
bonzai kittens/pets were fake. It was proven somewhere. Too lazy to search it, but I remember having this discussion before. Zippocat (which has something to do with a zippolighter and a cat) is a series of photos/video that unfortunately looks all too real...

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
along the same lines, I read in a raandom local paper I found on the train that someone had put kittens in their dustbin to be sent off to the composting facility! what sort of censored does that??

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
the outfits with legs look completely surreal.....

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
i saw in the newspper the other day that some kids who were trick or treating stuck a cat on a metal spiked fence.... that was sick

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
eek

ubbcrying

sunny

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
whats wrong with these people???!!! I dont see what it can do? the sun did a huge campaign on animal cruelty a couple of months ago which opened alot of eyes, people dont realise the true extent on how far things have gone these days.

sunny

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
It's so cruel

I'm gonna find these people and i'm gonna dress them up in silly frilly pink dresses or idiotic costumes then i'll carry them around in my backpac for god knows how long.

See how much they like.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Those outfits are so wrong!

I would never do that to my dogs in a million years. Its just plain cruel. Not only for them, but for their reputation too. Those outfits are sooo last season...

Seriously, animals were not meant to be clothed and I think its cruel everytime I see animals being treated like toys.

If you wanna dress up something, buy a barbie doll...

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
Unless they need proper appropriate animal clothing to keep warm or whatever they shouldn't be dressed...just because their superior to us and don't need clothes doesn't mean we should lower them to our clothed level.

sunnysam, read a newspaper, don't look at the sun tongue (entirely unrelated to animals comment)
EDITED_BY: Kieron (1134046936)

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
heh heh heh the same reason people put babies on pink bunny suits

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I wouldnt say that picture up there was druel, its just tacky, unless there being hurt thats the only way it could be cruel, but they odnt look like there would hurt the dogs. Oh and the bonzi kitty fake thing, here

https://members2.boardhost.com/roar-site/msg/174.html

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
come on! they're superhero dogs!
they go out saving people's lives and foiling the plans of their feline and canine foe!!
We should be worshipping those brave, brave animals!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

GloStickBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
I work at the Galleria mall in Dallas. Every day, there are at least six little dog heads poking out of peoples purses. It looks like ALL of them are ready to die.

It's bad enough that we skin them and wear them after death, but I feel sorry for those who use a living creature as a fashion symbol.

Notice also that the women that 'use' them are the most eccentric. Go figure. Maybe they don't know that it's a living creature. Maybe it's like a purse to them...one that blinks and barks.

The best things in life are free!*
*Plus shipping and handling

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kieron

sunnysam, read a newspaper, don't look at the sun tongue (entirely unrelated to animals comment)

........................................................................................................................... *clicks* oh yeah! rolleyes hehehe!

seriously though, the sun is probably the worst newspaper in the world, but the campaign was such a good thing for them to do, RESPECT

sunny

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
awww poor boggies frown

On a side-note, our cat is sick, so now I have to lock him indoors and battle with him three times a day to feed him his cough mixture & antibiotics frown He's soooooooo gonna hate me by the end of the week... and I'm just trying to help! meh frown but I hate seeing him all short of breath and floppy and too warm....

cuddles for the cat, please!

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug

sunny

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
I used to dress my cats up, but I was of an age where it was forgivable (<6). That being said, Pumpernickle never seemed to mind.

Grown people degrading thier pets just for fun is sick.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
My cat hates everything, but I wouldnt change her for the world!! Shes a legend! (would post up a pic but I dont know how! any hints or tips greatly appreciated!)

hug for the ill kitty! but i'm disinfecting myself after! Just in case! Get cat flu otherwise! *Meow sneeze*

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
smile Thanks guys, the cat appreciates it! in a floppy kind of way...

I can't seem to put an image from my gallery in this post, but he's in there anyway... I just took that picture with my phone, mailed it to myself, and uploaded it onto HOP, all in the space of about three minutes... yay for modern technology! smile

I've tricked him into eating the antibiotics by mixing it with VERY expensive cat food biggrin

But the cat didn't mean to hijack a thread about cruelty to animals, really...

Someone hanged a local politician's cat in my home town frown it's one of the reasons the guy left politics
EDITED_BY: Nephtys (1134084445)

everyone's unique except me

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
eek thats sick!

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
it freaks me out that people do these things, i mean i dont know about anywhere else, but the people in this country are insane! argh! *huff*

sunny