Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Crucifix Wrap / Christ Helix?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
arms out crucifix style, spinning wheel plane in one hand, staff travels along & around arm towards body, under armpit, across body (back for forwards spin, chest for reverse) over opposite shoulder, along & round that arm to other hand.

staff stays spinning in wheelplane but just moves sideways from one hand to other

can/has it be done?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
why would the staff go under your armpit and up onto your back? Did you forget about gravity, or did you not remember to put a horizontal in your previous post?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
the staff is spinning so it's momentum is gonna throw the end that goes under back up, might need a bit of a duck & sidestep to get it up onto opposite shoulder

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oooh, sorry that was me poseing as blue.

So how is the staff supposed to do that without you being a ghost and allowing it to pass through your body?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
where's through come from?

spins around the arm, across the back or chest then around the other arm

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
and it's in the wheel plane?

oh I can't be bothered trying to elicit a proper move out of you anymore. Go and learn it. The Closest and easiest thing to what you want is to mount it on your opposite shoulder (under the arm entrance) and then angel it down your other arm. Getting it up and under the first arm is going to involve an anti-spin and probably muchos headbanging.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i would say no. not with jesus arms.

Ninja_Davemember
58 posts

Posted:
lol, meg chill! haha, i like the name?

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
ubblol megs got her nickers in a twist ubbloco ubbloco

p.s this would be probably better in the new moves thread smile

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
it's alright T&B i'm used to random bitchyness for no valid reason wink

anyway 3ds is being a git again but i should get a vid of how i think it'd look up soon

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
it sounds alot like an angel roll to me, where it goes over the back or chest depends on where the staff is released not the direction of rotation i would have thought.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
yea deffinitly an angel roll but with an arm wrap before it hits your shoulder and then probably a halo roll before going back onto your other arm.
i like this idea.... this is now my new mission

"Don't do it naked!"

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

Oooh, sorry that was me poseing as blue.

See, even outside the video we can't tell you and rob apart. ubblol

I saw the slack 3? (not sure) and the jesus contact was amazing... I don't think i'll ever manage.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

it sounds alot like an angel roll to me,

do you know what the wheel plane is?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yes. thats why i agree with you meg.

it's blatantly not an angel roll cause of that.

clap

if it involved lots of turning, and started somewhere else, and all the things described in the first post, then it would be very cool, and have bits of an angel roll in it, but as is, with jesus arms and in wheel plane its just not doable unless you spent most of your life doing only that.

or. if you said wall plane, then it would be an angel roll with an extra bit under the arm biggrin

R

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Er... what if you bent forward or backward?

And what the hecks an angel roll? Man I wish we could just update the "Tutorial" section with all these wierd things just to keep track of the insane names that keep popping up...

SparkToFireGOLD Member
5 posts

Posted:
Absolutely!
Its very difficult to describe wierd experimental moves with writing. The basics are transferable through words, especially with slang terms (I dont know what an angel roll is either). The only way is to show others with your skill. Post a video. I would love to see someone attempt the above move. Goodluck!
The staff would have to be horizontal, and the person would have to bend over when going from the first arm wrap to the spin across the back, and then stand up to go into the second arm wrap. The person would not be able to maintain a "crucifix style" (lol) over the course of the whole move. Interesting trick though. I dont like contact staff that much myself.

TheGoatnewbie
11 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by TheGoat. All I wanted to say was that the move described as a christ helix seems perfectly possible. Without the arm rolls the middle section is a matrix in the vertical plane.
EDITED_BY: TheGoat (1133948929)

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
just sheer randomness i think hehe

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:

do you know what the wheel plane is?

oh im sorry all i heard was blah blah blah im a dirty tramp tongue

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
you're a dirty tramp? What have you been getting up to ben? You don't have to take that gay stripper tag so seriously y'know? wink

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
TheGoat: just watched mcp's matrix vid and it's kinda ish sort of along the lines you were thinking (vertitrix), how about arm wrap to vertitrix to armwarp? will out up simple 3ds vid when i get it working and tinklepants (or whatever tammie's calling herself today) gives me some netspace

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
learn propellors are your shoulder, then you can do a vertical matrix, you will have to give up the idea of keeping your arms straight out like a crucifix.

TheGoatnewbie
11 posts

Posted:

you will have to give up the idea of keeping your arms straight out like a crucifix.

Thankyou for the helpful advice, however on this occasion I might continue to practise and actually find out what's possible, unless of course you have proof that the move is impossible...

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
shes meg ergo she knows :P

but then again with a lot a lot of practice you might be able to do it, but i do see where shes coming from :-)

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: TheGoat

you will have to give up the idea of keeping your arms straight out like a crucifix.

Thankyou for the helpful advice, however on this occasion I might continue to practise and actually find out what's possible, unless of course you have proof that the move is impossible...

Whoa sarcasm alert!

well, you go ahead and practise those upper arm propellors to do a vertical matrix, and after the year or so of you getting that, plus obviously the other arm has to do it too. And if you wanted it clean you'd have to do a propellor right up at your armpit. Then of course you have to connect it to the angel roll, then I will happily eat my hat. (and it's a big felt hat too.)

It's not like I didn't consider the vertical matrix all of like, a year ago, and try and learn it. I think I got propellors just above my elbow, but after that it became an issue of how much do I like my face?

If you don't believe me go and look at the matrix and imagine you're looking at it from above.

Or alternatively, think up some other silly impossible moves and post whole new threads about them. Don't even bother to try them yourself first and work out if they're possible. Just ask other people to waste their time on your ideas instead.

biggrin

TheGoatnewbie
11 posts

Posted:
Pick up your staff, try the move for a day, you will see the move is actually quite simple, if not instantly attainable. Even if I've never performed a fully "christ" version of the move, practising it has lead me to learn a vertical matrix (vertitrix - thankyou sniper!). Just sitting on my arse dispensing negative wisdom would have got me jack.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Whatever dude. Learn what a matrix is, and then tell me you can do it.

TheGoatnewbie
11 posts

Posted:
There's no reason for you to take me at my word. Would you like a video?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Yes on the video biggrin

Written by: TheGoat

...... unless of course you have proof that the move is impossible...

Its a bit hard to proove a move is impossible dude - good luck!

Only theory can prove its impossible and theory is based on knoweldge - something which Meg has lots of (as far as staff goes anyway, past staff she knows nothing....... well maybe a little something about sci fi - but thats it wink) so on this occasion id be inclined to say she has prooved it, to her knowledge anyway, i mean you cant proove something is impossible in practice can you? - otherwise it would be possible confused

ubblol

If you do nail it - get it online so we can all see, as myself, im still confused about vertical matrix........ ive only just got my head around antispin matrixes and now you chuckin a whole new dimension in there!

and whats all this vertitrix ubblol

just sounds like a snes to me wth and arm carry to neck wrap........ to do this your arms will need to be out in front of you not out at the sides - otherwise - how will it work?!? rolleyes

Have fun biggrin

and remember - its all about the planes ......... neat ones wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Page: