Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Next year with Venturers I want to do some major fundraising so I can go on some big camps... however, I am coming up blank for ideas.

Was wondering if anyone had any good fundraising ideas, which are practical and can be carried out with minimal people (i think it will only be me and 1 other girl)

Any ideas, please post. Thanks smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Busking, Cake bake, Sponsored anything you like, jumble/car boot/garage sale, Car wash, Odd jobs for relatives/friends.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
write to local charitable foundations poking them for money. you might have to have something planned before you do that, but it works. i raised £2500 to go to sweden for scout 2001 pretty much on letters alone.

other things:
run a quiz - easy peasy with two people. make it age friendly! charge entry + refreshments.
auction of promises - people donate a promise (i will babysit for two hours, i will make you a cake, i will take you on a walk showing you birds) and other people bid for it. if you write to local independent businesses they might be happy to donate goods/services/coupons etc. fun way to make money and people like it. does take a bit of organising, because you have to get all the promises in before the night so people know what they can bid for!

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Try going to your local library and use the directory of grant making trusts. It'll take a while, but it might help.

Good luck

hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
the unit as a whole has been applying for grants so i dont want to tread on any of that

i have been thinking of a trivia night for a little while though...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Henna nights. Charge $5-10 a design.

We just ran a beading night where people pay to learn a design. May need to get parents involved

One of the schools here contacted the local sports club and work in hospitality area to raise money. They provide the waiteresses for a day and the school gets $1000 a day for it.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
wouldnt a Hanna night require getting someone in to do it though?

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Hey guys i know this is an old post but i wanted to see if any one else had some more cool ideas for fundraising but i didn't want to make a whole new post.

Ok, i'm part of a newly formed perfomance and mixed art group that we have just put together and we are trying to raise some money to buy a trailer and some other bits of equipment so that we can take our show on the road around australia. There are only four of us in the group so normal fundraising ideas like chocolate drives are probably not going to work plus they get a bit boring.

So basicaly we are trying to thing of interesting new ways to raise money and any ideas or hints would be great. Here are some of the ideas we have had so far and some that we have done already:

Done/doing
-Triva Night : this went really well and was heaps of fun beacuse we did little shows in between the rounds and everyone had a blast.
-Band Night : this one is in the works so any ideas on how to make the night champion would be great.

Ideas
-Selling badges and small merch at the various other events we have run.
-Raffle.
-busking (unfortunatly this aint so great where we live frown people just don't really get it)

Thanks in advance smile

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />