GruntLaFreaknewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Me .... hmmmm ok here goes!

I'm 38, divorced and have been spinning for about 10 days now (15Nov2005).

Met up with "POI Star" last week and her unthusiasm got me hooked! Went to watch the guys fire dancing at Tempo's this last weekend and "POI Star" ended up being asked to take part in the display which was awesome! She did damn well!

Now "hooked" has turned to "PASSION" and I have been spending every free moment practising wink ... it's slow progression but progression nonetheless! TTN is driving me nuts!!!

Very dissapointed that there are so few Gautengers spinning but we are going to turn that around ASAP!!! If anyone reading this happens to be from Gauteng and has, does, or would like to spin, give Poi Star or myself a yell as we are forming a social group!

Template time wink

Name: Grant

DOB: 22 April 1967

Sex: As often as possible!!!

Occupation(s): hmmmmm way too serious! In the financial field!

Favorite Food(s): Chocolate, Red Meat

Favorite Color(s): Blue (Midnight & Electric)

Toys: My Bonfire Pit!!!

Hobbies other than the obvious: Chilling, tinkering, building things

Education: Matric

Favorite Book(s): The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings

Favorite Movie(s): Pink Floyd - The Wall, Rocky Horror Picture Show

Favorite TV show(s): Las Vegas

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up) Become responsible ...... hmmmmm NEVER!!!

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: DJ Tiesto!!!

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): Chocolate with dark chocolate chunks!

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella? (please choose one...this is important as it is essentially this site's equivalent of stating your religion...we have religious wars, crusades, cathedrals to Nutella, all that.) DEFINITELY MARMITE!!!

BTB looks soooo awesome ...... I just can't seem to get my shoulder sockets disconnected and my arms turned inside out!!!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP Grant

TTN is a bitch until you get it and then its like "Why did this take me so long to get?" ubblol

I learned to do it by acting as if my hand was trying to push down the sleeve on the other arm.. if that makes any sense....

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

GruntLaFreaknewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Hey thanks wink

Tonight is the night!!! ..... I will not rest till I have figured this one out *grin*

BTB looks soooo awesome ...... I just can't seem to get my shoulder sockets disconnected and my arms turned inside out!!!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Hi and welcome to HOP!

This is the part where I say something about myself that relates to something you put on your first post....blue is a great colour, I also have a matric I used to live within two hours of you, and uh, poi rocks!!! biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
yep, TTN is all about stroking your arms...
hello by the way wavehello

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hello, welcome to HOP!!!!

wave weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
wavehello welcome

would you care for some marmite crumpets or perhaps some toast?

GruntLaFreaknewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Hey all!

Thanks for for HELLO's & Welcomes wink

TTN is SORTED!!! bwd & fwd! So now how the heck do I put it all together and make it look so damned "effortless" .... LOL! I'm tempted to say that "smoothing" the movements out and making it look good is where the REAL SKILL lies! weavesmiley

Practise practise practise ...... loving every second of it!

Toast .... definitely toast ... unless there be some good smelly cheese to add to those crumpets thanx ubbloco
EDITED_BY: GruntLaFreak (1132835129)