• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Kyrian

Dreamer

Total posts: 4308
Posted:I had a decent if not sparkling day yesterday, and I get up this morning to do some work, and start talking to a friend..... right, he's gone insane... in the "head over heels" kind of way, so instead of working, i seem to be spending the day holding his hand.....

which would be fine, except.....

i'm really quite(edit:rather, to the brits) jealous..... and so i don't know what to do, because there's a mess of good chances it will all blow over and he really needs someone to talk to, but.... ow.

just.... ow.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Delete Topic

TinklePants
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

TinklePants

Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator

Total posts: 4217
Posted:ow indeed! hug

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted:aw hug

dont worry, theres got to be light at the end of the tunnel

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Posted:Yes, but its so hard to be a patient and good person when you're thinking

"what about me.....?"

.... and I still cant get any work done. frown

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Posted:she's rejecting him (sort of) he's playing it by ear and acting all into me again.... he's a total sweetheart, everything i'd want, but this behaviour.....

I mean, its not like I have a hold on him, but its a bit confusing!

gaw.... doubts means get out, right, but can you get rid of everything you see over one incident that ...really that he didn't even want to tell me about because he didn't want to hurt me.....

I'm told that boys just do this, get into whats there when they have the oppurtunity.... this should prolly be moved to social discussion lol.... i don't think i have that power...... but is it true?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Delete

Igirisujin
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2666
Posted:I dont understand this thread at all...but If im right in thinking you know a boy who is head over heels with a girl, but you like and want him instead?

Ok you gotta just hope it dosent work out because if you brake them up through sneaky ways (lol) itle come back to you. I broke up my ex and his bf lol, but it did come evantually round to bite me in the ass couse he left me without an explination....i guess i deserved it. But I had him for 7 months wink

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

thelost
SILVER Member since Aug 2005

thelost

mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'

Total posts: 355
Posted:Written by: Brit_Joe
I broke up my ex and his bf lol, but it did come evantually round to bite me in the ass couse he left me without an explination....i guess i deserved it. But I had him for 7 months wink

Did your ex-girlfriend just change gender midway through sentence?... biggrin

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Delete

Igirisujin
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2666
Posted:No she changed gender in the womb

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Posted:lol..... ok, thats really funny.

no, no, its far more complex than that ^_^

i'm not one to try and break people up, altho i've done it once or twice unintentionally.

but thats neither here nor there. i think there's just a lot of misunderstanding at the moment, but i was feeling a bit offed as he's quite aware how i feel about him and he (said & says) he feels similarly about me, just... yknow... he was babbling on and on and not thinking about it at all....

he did, eventually come to the conclusion thus was bad as well, but its left me more confused not less, especially as he has been writing the whole thing off because of distance constantly, so i'm like, well, you know is that an excuse or what?

I'll quit babbling now....

*goes into corner*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Delete

Sethis
BRONZE Member since May 2005

Sethis

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1762
Posted:No, keep babbling (I want some company biggrin )

So, if I read this right:

Guy A is interested in another girl.
You like Guy A.
He likes you.
He knows this, but still insists on talking about how amazing this girl is.

If that is an accurate summary, then I'd say to avoid him a bit either until he cools down, or they break up (are they even together yet?). Mainly because your listening to him babble will only make you feel resentful and annoyed. He sounds like a bit of an emotional retard if he can't tell that talking about his GF would annoy you, even after you've both expressed interest in each other.

But, as always, I may not have the right fix on the situation (that's normal for me wink ) so if the situation isn't as described, please tell us. I don't want to give bad advice.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Posted:You have a pretty good fix on the situation. No, they're not together.

I don't think I can quite blame him for this one... he didn't want to tell me as he thought it would hurt me (yes, it does!) but he knew I appreciated honesty (yes, i do, yes, i'm glad he told me) but I think the incessant babbling and worrying and such proved to be a bit much.

That wasn't really intentional and he evetually kind of realized what he was doing and apologized, and he asked once or twice if he should quit talking about it, but in general i'd rather know whats going on, and as he hadn't anyone else to talk to... I mean, its really nice to stress *at* someone when you're going thru that phase of a relationship, and I was the one who was there for him... just...
Wound up being a bit hard on me! And thing is I just don't know what to think, i mean, are guys just like that a little, he really was looking at it from the unlikley to see me again in the next year certainly we won't live near each other any time soon pov, can't blame him there....

i'm babbling again... see if you can figure out what i'm on about cause i think i lost it somewhere again.... *looks for missing point*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Delete

Sethis
BRONZE Member since May 2005

Sethis

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1762
Posted:Heh. Don't worry, I follow.

I guess that's better than I thought then. I thought he might be being a bit inconsiderate, but if he's apologised for it then it indicates that he pays attention. I think I might see why you like him, it's quite rare for a guy to have that kind of empathy.

Well done you for being there for him, even though it hurts you. You have a huge respect from me and probably lots of other people, for being brave enough to sacrifice a bit of your own happiness to help your friend. hug

You both seem to be behaving rationally, and maturely so well done smile

The only problem seems to be that he's sacrificing the present on the assumption of a future. Just because you are moving away, doesn't mean that he can abuse the friendship. It's like "I'm going to break up with her anyway, let's be as bitchy as I can" which just makes no sense. Emphasise that you should make the most of the time left, because you won't see him after that. See if you can get him to talk to some of his other friends as well, rather than him dumping it all on you (who is probably one of the most inconsiderate choices...).

I really hope that I'm helping a bit. If I'm not then... well... Good Luck anyway! smile

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Delete