Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
I am almost despairing, I have until december 15 to lose 50 pounds, or the bloody airforce won't give me my physical and let me in. My dad has stated quite clearly that if I am not
A: In School
B: Have a job and am paying rent
C: Signed up to join the Military
by my birthday on the 30th of december, that I will have to leave. I really really really want to join the Air Force, but until I get down to 155 pds, they won't let me in. How am I going to lose 45-50 pounds of weight in a month and a half?, especially with Thanksgiving next month? I don't want to be kicked out, for some reason no matter how hard I try, nobody in this area will hire me, and I can't afford to enroll in college, which is why I'm joining the military
I was just about in tears a couple of days ago when I weighed myself and discovered that I was not 180 pds like I though, but that I was in actuality 200 bloody F cking pounds.

I don't know what I'm going to do. If I end up being kicked out, I know people that would take me in, but they live in Austin, or I refuse to have anything to do with them. I'm at a loss. I've reached a crossroads in my life, but I have no map to show me that way. I've put off losing weight, and getting various things done, and now its all catching up to me because of my damn 18th birthday.
Forgive me for venting like this, but a long distance phonecall to Austin would get me in deep Sh!t.
Ashia

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Hun, you need to get to a doctor who will be able to advise you of the best way to help you loose the weight. loosing weight starts with loving your self. Understand that you are a beautiful person and watch what you eat and see what happens. You will need to set realistic goals, and do it properly otherwise you will find yourself on a yo-yo weight scale.
Good luck and keep your chin up.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Ashia, Valura's suggestion, a doctor or health/ exercise/ nutrition pro's advice a good idea if you're serious about such a major weight drop.

meanwhile, get your friends -- good friends -- to know you're serious and to support you in this, besides all of us online, even tho i'm a honorary San Antonian now as a mod at the Tribes of the Moon site & buddy of trinity's. . .i'm here in Laguna.

this can be done, by anyone, though more difficult for some for different reasons. any obstacles of yours will be overcome too, IF:

do you really want to do this?

with warmest peace & love,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
And don't think that a doctor will just say "eat sensibly and the weight will gradually come off". Explain your reasons, and that it is also a fitness thing. There are specially designed diets for people who are overweight and in heart-disease categories who need to lose weight rapidly. Your doctor will be able to explain it best, and monitor what is going on so that you don't put yourself at risk.

And have a chat with Ray about exercise stuff, cos he will know what type of training you will need to be prepared for.

Hope that helps.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...