Forums > Social Chat > Competitive "how many tattoos i have" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
Nyx
enthusiast
Total posts: 385
Posted:So I figured if FireMike could do it with teeth, I could do it with tattoos!

So, how many do you have, where are they, what are they, what made you decide to get them and what's the significance?

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

Delete Topic

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)

Enter a "Title" here:
Total posts: 2905
Posted:Well, lets see, I have 6 tatts, as soon as C@ntus stops being lazy I will have 7.

My first when I was 16 was my celtic runes right shoulder

Second I put a scroll around the runes when I was about 18 right shoulder

3rd was my Ki Roe, 3-6 I got when I was 20 right calf

4th was a traquertra, the symbole of the trinity left shoulder

My fith and 6 are two skulls one on side of either bicep the one on the right stands for the sin in my life, the one on the left stands for where it will lead me, my death both physically and spiritually

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Delete

Crashley
Total posts: 37
Posted:I have one on my arm ,which is my first, I got it the day before thanksgiving last year. It's a sillhouette butterfly on the inside of my forearm.

Then I have a ferret on my left ankle bone....

I will have a full back piece in 2 years....

next month is the faerie and the moon on my neck....

Hearing Nuns confessions is like being stoned to death with popcorn~Crashley the Squeaky Toy~

Delete

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-single
Total posts: 536
Posted:don't have one but i have one picked out that i want it is sort of like an eagle\dragon\wizard...
it looks really cool.....but it's a full back piece, and i don't have any money....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Yep me back and left calf are feeling lonley

Delete

Rozi
100 characters max...
Total posts: 2996
Posted:I am never gonna win this one, I only have a little tatt on the small of my back...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Dun worry by the time I leave your house we both will have some added ink

Delete

Spiral
Spiral

Oolering Man
Total posts: 729
Posted:I Have 10, Soon to be 11.

c@antus, can you dig out the descrepitions I posted earlier. I'm supposed to be doing programming and if they cartch me online they'll shoot me!

[ 06 October 2002, 03:39: Message edited by: Spiral ]

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Total posts: 6193
Posted:One right now: diamond shaped yin-yang on the tip of my right hip bone. Will be adding the outline of a crow (my native totem) around it so the yin-yang is the heart. In the left wing will be the wing bone structure (more to me than meets the eye), in the right the chinese symbol Sol (immortality, through my son, my greatest legacy, I will live forever).

I will also be getting another design of my own. A contemplative dragon perched in the position of "The Thinker" statue atop a celtic triad knot with a band that goes all the way around my leg. In the large areas of the knotwork under the dragon are the astrological symbols for me and my son. The dragon is to use thought before strength, and also protection over my son and I. This will be going high on my left thigh.

I am still debating getting a small band of flames across the small of my back/top of my bum.
I had actually designed a poi tat to go there as well...still I haven't decided.

My friend has Kanji for Truth on one bicep and Courage on the other (the two tenets he lives by in his life) and a friend designed this Jap-anime looking beast that is a shoulder/top of the back tat so that he has someone guarding his back.

What do you think is the most you'd ever spend on a tat?

Don't worry, Cantus still owes me some artwork that was supposed to cheer me up while I was ill!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

Cage
Total posts: 174
Posted:hehe - I'm so excited to say that I finally got my first 3 nights ago! It's a tribal design on my lower back. I had designed a sweet one combining my heritage as Cherokee and Welsh but the artist said the detail on paper would have to be blown up to a size I wasn't comfortable with so I decided to keep it simple. My sis said I would get addicted after my first...I think she's right. I'm already thinking of stuff to add to it...I guess I should wait till this one heals though... Eek!

high on life,
Cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Delete

FireMikeZ
FireMikeZ

Laguna dude
Total posts: 1438
Posted:Cage,

CONGRATS! hey, let's see your Cherokee - Welsh design, even if ya didn't ink it, can ya post up a copy?

Pele, dear crow,

which Chinese Sol? the square box form? (have something to give you on that if it is). may many add protection through your dragon, starting or continuing with my pledge & blessing now, great heart whom you are, mother bird.

~ spotted owl

Nyx,

yah, was such a funny thrill to notice your thread, ya couldn't resist, gurl. when ya gonna tell us what tats ya got in this one, slinky sneaky one?

Ray,

C@ntus inks? oh, i think i might've heard that before. dude, describe your traquertra's pattern, would ya? i'm fond of the Isle of Man triskele, the 3 running legs out of a common center, painted that, gold on red, on a staff-dock of mine.

Crashley,

did ya see the thread goin on right now called ferrets?

Spiral,

whoa, yeah, Ray, find us that thread will ya?

me?

just tourist in this one, designed one or two for others, never inked, never got inked, always open to it, so might happen, could indeed

~ Mikie

[ 07 October 2002, 08:17: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Delete

Nyx
enthusiast
Total posts: 385
Posted:Well...
I got my first and only (so far ) tattoo while I was out in California, at Firedance. It was a ritual tattoo. I was with my tribe, we did it in a huge teepee with a fire in the center, people drumming outside and two other people from my tribe inside, meditating with me, chanting and holding space. It was very sacred and important, as it marked a turning point in my journey. The artist who did it "tunes" with the needle as it happens and performs reiki on the area, creating a very fast healing process (mine scabbed and peeled and was beautiful inside a week).

The tattoo itself is a design variation on the left eye of Horus, (Egyptian god, son of Ra) a powerful talisman for protection also know as an "udjet" (sp?) The variations were thought up by me, wrought by the artist, and include symbols of earth, water, fire, air and spirit in the design. The story of this talisman is long, but basically it is a symbol of psychic insight, clarity, intuition and creativity. It's on the back of my neck, over the throat chakra.
I would post a picture but i'm not sure how...i can't just download an image here, it's gotta have a url, right?
anyway, that's my tat story and i'll have another to tell this spring after i get my second!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

Delete

Posted:this pretty cool....

Non-Https Image Link

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Delete

Distorted Silence
Total posts: 217
Posted:I have a lizard on my shoulder...no its not a tattoo, its real... One day I will convince the whole of HOP to hail Errol.

I HAVE NO TATTOOS! w00t!

well not yet.. If any of you know much about Radiohead you might know the symbol of the crying minator... thats what im getting for my tattoo... yes, i like radiohead that much.

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

Delete

Girl From Mars
Girl From Mars

Total posts: 168
Posted:i have a japanese styled monkey on my lower back that i drew myself.
i have one drawn out and planned to go below the monkey and another ready to go between my shoulder blades once i have the money.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

Delete

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)
enthusiast
Total posts: 249
Posted:I don't have any and I don't plan on getting one.

Does that mean I win??

Om Namah Sivaya

Delete

_Stix_
_Stix_

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2419
Posted:I've got 3 tatts one on each arm and one on me belly..

But if you count up the seperate areas of ink (my tatts are made up of little ones) I got about 12..

Plannin to get full shoulder/ back piece one of these days - as soon as I get over the fear of having lots much ink..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

Kurobei
Total posts: 786
Posted:I have NONE - hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I win!!!!

But I have been thinking about it, dunno where or what though, I was thinking about my shoulderblade but still dunno what!!!

whats up with all the limitations?

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow
Total posts: 2629
Posted:I don't have any at the moment, but I'm thinking of getting one, probably on one of my shoulders.
I was thinking of having it done in henna first, to see if I'd get used to having it there for a while, and then getting it done in ink when I'm sure it's the right design for me.

However, I'm a bit more padded than I'd like to be, so I'm going to get rid of that first

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

_Stix_
_Stix_

Pooh-Bah
Posted:Do it, do it, do it!!

Very good idea about the henna.. make sure it's what you want.. cover ups are a nitemare..

Delete

Kurobei
Total posts: 786
Posted:Henna, yeah, nice one mate, damn good idea that!!

whats up with all the limitations?

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Mike, umm a traquertra is 3 arches linked together they thread through eachother to make 3 points. I have no idea what your talking about sorry bud

Delete

BEZERKER
BEZERKER

enthusiast

Total posts: 237
Posted:I only got one so far - an american indian symbol called a tapuat. I got it when my first son was born as did his mother. We got it to mark the birth and to remind of us both of the bond we will share until death, that no matter what happens in our relationship we will always be linked as the parents to this child. It's square shaped and consists of 2 lines - 1 short straight one (that's red) and a black one that wraps and turns and looks kind of like a maze. It's located on my right wrist.

We had our second son 4 months ago and I'm going to get his name (Neo) written in Japanese on my left wrist.

About a year and ten months ago a friend sold me his tattooing equipment except his autoclave which went elsewhere. Finally my dodgy credit rating is cleared and I can order an autoclave to start my training (on my girl first ). Autoclaves cost over 2 grand in Australia new and small ones aren't really sold second hand unless tour already working in a shop so I'm a happy boy as I can persue this dream of mine.

Just curious whether there are any tattoo artists on the board?

I know C@ntus designs them - do you do the tattoos too?

Delete

_Stix_
_Stix_

Pooh-Bah
Posted:BEZ - that is such a sweet idea..

'We got it to mark the birth and to remind of us both of the bond we will share until death, that no matter what happens in our relationship we will always be linked as the parents to this child.'

Too often people forget..

Delete

FireMikeZ
FireMikeZ

Laguna dude
Total posts: 1438
Posted:quote:Originally posted by BEZERKER:
We had our second son 4 months ago and I'm going to get his name (Neo) written in Japanese on my left wrist.well, i'm not married nor yet a father, BEZERKER.

some year in the next decade, likely, Neo will likley have a pyro younger friend wherever i am; if my future spouse agrees, i've wanted my kid's name to be Neo long before The Matrix was released, sweet short bright sounds, meaning, influenced by everything, in my own coming to it, from near-futurist David Brin's Earth to zen to . . . my Muse, of course.

how did ya choose Neo's name, you two?

your tapuat does sound dope, & da Japanese. . .kanji or Japanese phonetics (more rarely used, but since not Chinese adopted characters at all, these are what's distinctively Japanese, a syllabary "alphabet" really) . . . ya not gonna wait til you're skilled enough ambidextrous to try doin yaself for that one? does Neo's mom have any yet?

Ray,

i'll find ya a triskele picture so good we'll skip 1,000 wordz

~ Mikie

[ 08 October 2002, 03:17: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Delete

Pink...?
Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
Total posts: 6140
Posted:I have none yet...
I hope by the end of the year to have one...i have 5 planned so far!

well this year i want and egyption eye on my back (the eye of horus)
And beginning of next year a egyption ankh on my shoulder (the egyption lofe symbol..bit like a T with a loop on top)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

Bram....
Total posts: 1551
Posted:I don't have one yet, but i have my design thought up. It is going to be the serpent swallowing it own tail on my back. Then I am gonna get a celtic knot starting from the waist and going up my neck, covering my chest, and twisting with the serpent on my back. It will look sweet and beat all of yours Also, i will hopefully be getting my first piercings this weekend

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Delete

trintek
Total posts: 107
Posted:10 tats:
Tribal bobcat on left forearm
Alchemy symbol with my sigil on right forearm
Anubis on right upper arm
Apache 'skinwalker' design on right shoulder/back
'I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees' lower left leg
Flaming black/red maltese cross on left thigh/upper leg
Tribal 'T' on lower right leg
'No Regrets' on lower right leg
Black/Red Peace sign on right kneecap
Black/Red Shattered heart on right upper leg/thigh
Do scars count?
-trin

We bleed the same blood, We cry the same tears, We have the same fears, We pass the same years, We see the same stars, Under the same skies, We pass the same time, We all live and die

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow
Posted:Ah, found it.
I don't know how many of the links still work, but this is the last reasonably long tattoo thread, which has got some pretty good bits in

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow
Posted:Hmm, 2 consecutive posts in a thread about something I don't even have... that seems slightly odd to me.

Anyway, I've just sat down and drawn out the tattoo I want on my shoulder - the bits around the outside change every time I draw it, but the bit in the centre is the same all the time.
I havn't decided if I'd want it blocked in yet, or if I'd just have the outline, but I've got plenty of time to decide

Delete

Posted:i think i'm gonna get a multi-colored flame with
life written under it.....

Delete

Page: 12