Page:
raincuspnewbie
11 posts

Posted:
just wondering if anyone will be going to any of the live 8 concerts coming up in july?

if everything happens for a reason,
why are there so many excuses?

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
nope, cant and dont particularly want to

tongue

back

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I sooooo wanna go... but I didnt win the tickets... some of the line up is fantastic frown

curse the bloody ticket lottery!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
you can always try ebay FRD. ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i dont think you can :P bob geldorff asked em v nciely (w/ a legal team at his back i expect) to remove all tickets :P

i just love that he thinks most ppl texted for the tickets to be kind - um gig ticket for the cost of an expesive text? biggrin

i have a feeling the money will just disappear into africa and not really make it to those who need it

back

10,530 posts

Posted:
eek

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101766&item=6540393556&rd=1
scary price there!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101766&item=6540393683&rd=1
and there

what the hell? confused

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
bob geldof told the kids to make impossible bids (10 million) on ebay tickets so no-one could beat them..
anyone who made an impossible bid has since found their account frozen.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Look! Look! They missed one!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10049&item=6540401116&rd=1

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lol

i would say its a nice way of raising money - im jst a lil scared now by the power sir bob has over these kids ubbloco

back

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Think he must be a demon lord wishing to rule theearth, building his army of minions. eek

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
sir bob is a waffacake, but the real demon geldof is peaches. *thinks bad and violent thoughts*

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm one a demon the other must be their familiar..... eek ubbloco

marmaladeSILVER Member
journeyman
72 posts

Posted:
ugh. i have no desire at all to go to the one that's happening here. the projected lineup looks boring, and with the Rolling Stones having been here for SARSstock just 2 summers ago, it isnt as though the city is clamouring to see them again. this just feels so rushed and last minute anyway.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
kelly

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
The thing's great I think, I wsh I could get to one of the concerts without bankrupting myself. Geldof's a genuine and I'd take my hat off to him if I was wearing one. smile

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
a waffacake?! umm

ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
A BIG waffacake.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

10,530 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Its been brilliant so far.... Snow Patrol were dissapointing live though

But yeah, everything else rocked smile

I can not wait for Pink Floyd biggrin

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I moved house today so i was listening to it in my dads car, sad i missed the coldplay performance frown

just watching it now the who? wink

ok so i can see how using popular musicians grabs peoples attention, but they are enjoying plugging thier new singles, "yeah that was the childrens african choir, now say good bye to them and this is my new single"

all the scissor sisters ahd to say was "hello mum", and um "this is our new single"

what percentage of the uk and and other g8 members' puplic has even been to africa, how many of us understand africa? How can we help them if we don't undersand what they need ?

I think they should entirley show films of the poverty in africa, i havent seen one image of the poverty throughout the coverage today.

Its all a bit wierd really, the sucess it has braught is AWARNESS

Another thing that makes me feel alittle odd is the fact that the make poverty history wristbands are white, the was a demontration with people wearing all white, um is that not a little koo klux klan? or is that me just being wierd redface

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: miss puddleduck

i havent seen one image of the poverty throughout the coverage today

They had some earlier

They keep saying things like 2 billion people are watching it on tv, one paper said today on the frontpage that 5 billion are expected to watch it!
What a complete farce, the predicted population of the entire world is 6.5 billion. If 2 let alone 5 billion people had access to a TV there wouldn't be the world poverty problem we have! I think awareness is great, but i'm sure that a large majority of people watching are just out for a free concert. Actions speak louder than words, or music for that matter

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
misspuddleduck eek ubblol

I heard that 85%of the world population are "able to watch/listen to it", um really?

I also heard that people in africa dont know anything about the whole thing.

Random afterthaught: I wanna see the bjork performance in tokyo frown smile

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

10,530 posts

Posted:
biggrin

I dont care about anything else, Pink Floyd rocked biggrin

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
...i could have been there....:(

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

twofingerfreedomBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
im think im gonna have to change my pants after seeing pink floyd.....man they were awesome........why didnt my mom give birth to me sooner so i could have seen them the 1st time round??

black gloves,green socks......purple hair

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
Australia is getting a delayed telecast on free to air tv as cable tv baught the rigts to it.
and i thought that the purpose of this one was not to raise money, but for the G8 countries to wipe out all debt to African countries so that they can try and pull themselves out of debt.

Do we sleep when we die?

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
do you know when dragon? confused

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
8:30 channel 9 tonight

Do we sleep when we die?

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
hope they show Floyd tonight. This is supposed to be the first time in 20 years since they played together. Seems their 20 year hissy fit may be over. I just hope that they get that 'feeling' that they used to have when they first started playing together and they tour. I can only dream. peace

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I went to the Roma Live 8 last night, it was excellent, mainly because i didn't go there to see great artists, i went there to see what it was like. Had I been in London i doubt i would have made the trip, i hear tickets were on sale for the event? The Roma concert was free, I had only heard of two of the acts, and neither I liked very much (Duran Duran and faith evans/hill, can't remember which).

The music was great but the event for me was more about the coming together of people across the world, not seeing loads of good bands. There was also no compere so between the acts there were video replays of what the Live 8 message is about.

There was a slogan on stage...We don't want your money, we want your voice. The concert wasn't very commercial which was nice to see, the beer was expensive but people were walking round giving out free water. The whole atmosphere was great.

Very nice to see what it Live 8 was like in another country. That really did it for me.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Page:

HOP Newsletter