Page:
bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
just a small thought.

if i organised an uberstaff oz(and cunningly part payed my ticket over there... )in january or february, would there be an interest in it from you upsidedown twirlers?

potential teachers.... me, kyle?, dave knox, + 1 or 2

replies on a postcard(or here, for preference...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
For anyone interested, I also recommend Woodford Folk Festival (Dec 26-Jan 1) as a great place to come, and then be here for UperOz. Also, I am in the process of submitting a proposal for a proper Juggle Jam space (finally!) there this year.. even if it doesn't come off, I will locate and promote a meeting spot..... will, way etc!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
ohhhh wordford i have heard its so very much a funtime

CX

Lifes too short, dance nakked & wiggle ur arse!!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Seconding newgabe's recommendation of Woodford. For many reasons, not the least of which is because I am going to be there!!! (I really should deflate my own ego at some point wink )

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin yeahhhh a propper juggle jam space at woodford would be awesome Gabe... ubblove

like the juggle hill was nice... but ummm kinda slanty biggrin ... (which hills usually want to be smile)

ditto to woodford being a great thing to add to your newyear's brissy plans! Is an awesome festival... I think I've been to the last decade or so of them biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Has Rob sounded the idea of Uberoz being on the last weekend of Jan instead of the first? I know it's all in planning stages at the moment but wanted to sound people out on that date as then I'd be able to make it. smile

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
as long as it doesnt clash with rainbow serpant ..... that would be a head exploding delemma

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Fingers crossed it shouldn't do. It seems Rainbow serpant was the previous weekend before, but I can't find mention of dates for 2006.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:

Enormously looking forward to this!clap clap

The last weekend in Jan seems to be a good time cos it follows a national public holiday (Australia Day/Invasion Day)) on Thursday 26th.

We can have a proper Aussie pool party at my house for anyone who's up that night...

*looks for flaoting about in the water gremlin...*

angelblue

The first weekend (6-9th) gives peeps a time to recover from Woodford too, and still be good for travellers who'd come up for it... either way...

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

The first weekend (6-9th) gives peeps a time to recover from Woodford too, and still be good for travellers who'd come up for it...

... and then they can recover from UberOZ and hang around untill the next weekend for Exodus biggrin

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

that's the best plan ever!!!!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
smile

followup occurring tomorrow.

ubblove

me

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Cool look forward to that. Is Exodus happening again then?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
right.
last date that need to be checked is the moonfest.

pixies?

then this/next week the lovely gabe and i will be in contact and will get some details worked out.

biggrin

R

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
blooocks and arisbandints.

sydney juggling convention is january 26-29 2006.

which i really wanted to go to, and will draw a good few spinners if is anything like uk ones.

argh.

off to switch on brain and think.

R

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
yay.. all sounds so exciting .:*:.

I will get onto moon pixie about moonfest date.. hazarding a guess from the Dec date I think it will be around the weekend of 14/15th Jan... but might have to wait for the official pixie word on this one wink

..another thing that is worth working into January HoP happenings is that there is a festival on in Sandgate the weekend of 7-8th Jan.. rumour has it that there may just be the opportunity for a big fire event/show thingamy to open it on the Friday night (6th Jan) so anyone up for some delicious fun with fire keep that date in mind too wink

..perhaps it could be a big collaborative show and therefore a very nice introduction to uberOZ??

mmwah* kiss

3,492 posts

Posted:
Moonfest for January 2006 is Saturday 14th Jan 06 biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
sunny *BUMP* sunny

to confirm that YES!!!

clap clap UBEROZ is ON clap clap

And will be happening in Brisbane welcome

3-5th FEBRUARY 2006.

It will be at Hillbrook School, which has a huge airy Recreation Hall, with showers, and lots of open space outside going down to a creek. It's a few minutes walk from buses, also Gaythorne or Enoggera railway stations, about 20 mins from the city. Some camping is available at the school, otherwise of course Brissy has heaps of backpackers' hostels, and I'm sure lots of billets will be available as well...

I'm doing the *bumping* cos I'll also be helping our esteemed TePookans with the admin side of things... bookings etc... at the local level...

SO

In the next few days I am going to start a NEW sunny Uberoz is On sunny thread and have this one closed, to make it nice and clear to everyone that the event has now moved past 'thoughts' and is up to...

ROLL up ROLL up!

Find out more details [Old link] .

sunny

Page: