DRAGULAmember
70 posts

Posted:
ouch, what they do is cut open your skin. and slip a barbell "under" your skin....
sign me up please!!!

Are you okay?I don't Know.....I'm generally f***ed up so it's kinda hard to gauge-Rainbow Randolph

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ohh ugh I cant do piercings, I just dont like the idea of having a hole put in my body, though in this case a piece of metal stuck in my body. Tatts are not such a big deal, I like them and find the experiance euphoic but piercings blah!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

DRAGULAmember
70 posts

Posted:
i see nothing wrong with piercing....
as soon as i can i'm gonna get my tounge pierced....

Are you okay?I don't Know.....I'm generally f***ed up so it's kinda hard to gauge-Rainbow Randolph

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is a tounge like a tongue?

Meh

DRAGULAmember
70 posts

Posted:
i think, it may not but there could be a small
diffrence.......

chairmenmeow47member
81 posts

Posted:
yeah, that's a little painful. you can also get a light implanted into your sternum (sp?) and get screw on/off horns implanted in your head, i met a dude who had em. fucking weird.

-ivy. = ^ )

Ralph, jesus did not have wheels.--sunday school teacher, the simpsons

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
There was this guy I knew who had his belly button pierced ...but it gradually worked it's way out... like his body was just rejecting the metal being in there or something...'twas strange

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
That happened to my right nipple the first time I got them done. Its called migration and happens if the piercing is shallow or crooked or sometimes the body just rejects it because its a foreign object. I had to take both the piercings out because the left one was starting to do it, too. After they healed I got them repierced and now I have odd, little scars on the sides of my nipples.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You go for a 3-D piercing and you get chronic, granulomatous inflammation. That's when the little white blood cells try to eat the invader, but the invader is made out of stailness steel, so the white blood cells just sort of stick to it and to each-other and fuse together into this little lump of white blood cells.

Not exactly my idea of a fun thing to do to myself. But hey, if that floats your boat, then power to you!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
Well these sites aren't for the squimish but interesting none the less. They make tongue piercings look tame.
Implants are fun!

This site has the same stuff but if you go to the home page and click extreme I can just about guarantee you will turn your head and go EEEWWWW!!
Before viewing this site I had never heard of voluntary amputations.

hand implant

Anyone else ever see a suspension piercing?

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
I used to love my piercings but my body has rejected the two that I got done. They grew out in 6 and 3 months. grrr. Tatts are a little too permanent for my liking.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Suspension peircing? that being where they suspend you from the peircing?

yeah, i've seen it. Id have to say, i would be interested in trying it sometime .... but i doubt my skin would hold me, lol

as for implants, no ta, i like my shiny peirced bits to be visible ` whats the point in having them if no one else can see how pretty they are...

Currently on the right side up of the world.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
MikeGinny, you're such a doctor! I'm sure they have classes in pessimism and party-pooping! The official medical line is don't do anything to your body, but let us cut it open, put bits in, take other bits out, shuffle them about then staple ya up again!

pink flagsmember
18 posts

Posted:
Implants can look pretty cool but be careful, make sure you know the person doing them and you trust them. Either that or have a go yourself.

I just got my 9th ear piercing today!!! i love it!
xxxx

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom:
MikeGinny, you're such a doctor! I'm sure they have classes in pessimism and party-pooping! The official medical line is don't do anything to your body, but let us cut it open, put bits in, take other bits out, shuffle them about then staple ya up again!
I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I did have elective surgery done (LASIK). But then again, I would argue that the operation corrected a functional defect.

It seems to me that putting large pieces of metal in someone's hand makes them prone to a number of injuries (like fractures, tendon ruptures, and skin ruptures).

It's not that I oppose the fashion, per se. It's that a trained surgeon should be the only person doing this, but I oppose purely elective cosmetic surgery in the absence of disease or deformity in general. I think it's risky and irresponsible for a surgeon to do this sort of thing (or tummy tucks or boob jobs, for that matter).

Does that make my dilemma a bit more clear?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Yeah I've seen a person who had the devil horn implants put in... One of them was a bit wobbley tho, not a pretty sight...

As for normal piercings (i love them)... none of mine have grown out, not that I have too many. It took me 16 years to get my ears done without my mothers permission (and I was out of home at the time) and after that, piercings were just normal. More holes in my ears (two done with a gun in each lobe, my most recent the tragus (little ear)) my belly, and my tongue, and thats only the start... no longer is most of my money going towards cigarrettes, but instead large needles being jabbed through my flesh! hooray!

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.