Page: 123
bing!
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

bing!

i beat my inner child

Total posts: 184
Posted:well i never normally watch it but i decided to this year. luckily i missed all the songs so i jus watched the voting smile i had such a laugh! terry wogan has a new place in my heart. some of the things he was coming out with were quite amusing ... complaining how long the voting was going on for, commenting on the predictability of voting and generally taking the piss out of the whole contest with his sly digs.

what got me thinking was the fact that all the competitors take is so seriously. do the europeans really think that this is good music? and do any of them/you take it as a totally serious competition?

i know that its pretty much a joke in the uk. even if we did win it (which is never gonna happen) the artist would maybe get a bit of admiration but would fall very quickly into the pit of musical nothingness. ok it was different int he old days when bucks fizz (???) won it but its changed

why is it that the biggest countries also being the largest contributors came last (uk, spain, germany, france)? do you not like us or was our song really that bad? tongue i dont see why we cant get a decent act together

i think its more of a political contest now. germany dont vote for us (uk), we dont vote for them. we vote for the countries we like to go on holiday (turkey greece spain), and they vote for us.
anyway ill be watching all the fun and games next year ...

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

Delete Topic

GothFrogette
BRONZE Member since Oct 2004

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Total posts: 3999
Posted:lol i love eurovision biggrin
missed it though frown
but had a fun time missing it biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

linden rathen
GOLD Member since Mar 2005

linden rathen

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6942
Posted:lol i was forced to watch it last night and it was actually quite good - terry wogan was really funny (without him id have gone mad) i think it is little political but in general its a joke. i think the only people to take it seriously are the contestants and the announcers.

thought the body artists before the votes were announced was cool tho....

back

Delete

bing!
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

bing!

i beat my inner child

Total posts: 184
Posted:body artists? must've missed them. the drummers were funny cos they were so boring, same with that guy doing that ballet thing.
i did find it amusing that the ukraine voting was announced wrong. could it be something to do with yushchenko being present??? hmmm ... i think they should ask for a recount

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

Delete

Eera
BRONZE Member since May 2003

old hand

Total posts: 1107
Posted:Terry is the only reason to watch, even here in Australia we get the BBC commentary.

I liked the Bosnian entry; it was good fun and the singers looked like they enjoyed themselves. Didn't rate the Greek one at all.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Delete

Selenia

Selenia

Total posts: 28
Posted:I can't understand why Finland keeps sending anyone to eurovision, it's a miracle if we don't come last. I think that no one takes it seriously here... No one takes it even as a joke... Mostly no one even cares. umm
EDITED_BY: Selenia (1116833290)

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Feminem...

rolleyes

Delete

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:Eurovision's got nothing to do with music. If it did it'd be called euromusic. It's eurovision because you can see on tv the state of who likes who in europe. In a lot of countries (some of which arn't in europe anyway) the public can't vote anyway, it's just a load of politicians. Terry Wogan is the only redeaming factor, but still not a reason to watch smile

Delete

nucleon

nucleon

Total posts: 404
Posted:eurovision songfestival: its a pink hell

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

Delete

Pink...?
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured

Total posts: 6140
Posted:I thought it was funny how the four most "western", Most powerful nations of Europe were the four last!
(Germany, Spain, Uk, France)

Yet...they contribute the most money to Eurovision!! (hense them being allowed in each year even when they come last)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

nucleon

nucleon

Total posts: 404
Posted:my last post wasn't aimed at you hug

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

Delete

jemima (jem)
SILVER Member since Dec 2002

jemima (jem)

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1750
Posted:I thaught the lady with the flame thrower was ummmm interesting?

I also liked the red hot chilli peppers, come hippy grandma band that was a winner in my books wink

and why did everyone haave a stick theme? lots of drammatic drum playing too

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Delete

Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:my friends in australia always love it for the sheer laughing value. i missed it this year - who actually won?
last year i loved the entry (turkey?) where at the end, the girl reached into her bra, pulled out some glitter and blew it into the audience. me and my friend payed the shyte out of that for weeks!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

linden rathen
GOLD Member since Mar 2005

linden rathen

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6942
Posted:i think that they all had drummy bits bc the winners last year did :P

out of interest is it jsut me or is it quite sad that we need to have some badly done music contest to find out which countries like each other?

back

Delete

VampyricAcid
SILVER Member since Jun 2005

VampyricAcid

veteran

Total posts: 1286
Posted:ITS BACK, AND THIS TIME ITS GOT LORDI!!!

OH YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH!!!!

HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH!!

Vote Finland!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

Just_Another_Clown

Just_Another_Clown

old hand

Total posts: 965
Posted:ditto

Vote Finland. Lordi are gonna be insane! biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Delete

Mags The Jedi
GOLD Member since May 2004

Mags The Jedi

Fool

Total posts: 2020
Posted:*watches the video*

Haaahahahahaha! Brilliant. I'm SO voting Finland.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Delete

Fyre
BRONZE Member since Oct 2005

Fyre

enthusiast

Total posts: 315
Posted:Well i can understand if Lordi gets some pity-points. you`ve got to understand that he`s going trough a horrible puberty, i mean have you seen his skin? it`s in aweful shape. oohh and his voice, you can hear the puberty kick in in there too biggrin

If we can`t live in peace then fu*k it, let`s die.
The owner of Chellybeans right arm!

Peace -Fyre-

Delete

Tabt

Tabt

I Doubt, Therefore I Might Be

Total posts: 1007
Posted:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

man i love eurovision. especially the greek entry a couple of years ago.

SADAKO S-A-D-A-K-OOOOOOooooOOOOOOOo!

I can't wait for tonight! its gonna be awesome.

all hugs and praise for master terry wogan!

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

Delete

tim_marston

addict

Total posts: 614
Posted:the english entry was a disgrace and one of the worst tunes ive ever heard...........shocking

Delete

Domino
SILVER Member since May 2004

UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey

Total posts: 757
Posted:Hoorah for Lordi!

Loving the zombie cheerleader army :P

EDITED_BY: Domino (1148147782)

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Delete

VampyricAcid

VampyricAcid

veteran

Posted:Haha the English entry is great, shows everything england stands for; trying to be american, paedophelia and chavs

Delete

Lemonkey

Lemonkey

Stalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...

Total posts: 1019
Posted:I really hope Lordi win. I quite enjoy the song...

Written by: Skinky

Haha the English entry is great, shows everything england stands for; trying to be american, paedophelia and chavs

ubblol

I don't understand why we don't put some decent indie in for the Eurovision song contest. Cannot go wrong with a bit of Kooks, Kaiser Chiefs etc. Might even stand a chance if we add them.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Delete

Mags The Jedi

Mags The Jedi

Fool

Posted:Because decent bands are smart enough to know that Eurovision is career suicide. Just ask Gina G.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:And Katrina and the Waves...

Re: Gina G you need a career before you can have career suicide...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Mags The Jedi

Mags The Jedi

Fool

Posted:The Greeks are stormin it...probably cos she looks like she could kick the crap out of the audience and still have enough breath for the big crescendo...

devil

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:I'm finding it highly amusing that all you guys seem to be into this more than I'm 'supposed' to...

(ahhh, comfortable with your sexuality blah blah blah)

National Pride perhaps?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Mags The Jedi

Mags The Jedi

Fool

Posted:Nah, i just find it very funny. And Wogan is marvellous, only he gets the right blend of p*sstaking and sarcasm...

The French bird was bloody awful, however the Ukrainian woman was feckin HOT!

devil

Delete

VampyricAcid

VampyricAcid

veteran

Posted:agreed mags, 1)wogan is god 2) france (and spain) were aweful, and 3) ukranian was hot, i gotta say the greek bird was rather nice...i think it was the greek bird, the one in the "gypsy-chic" kinda outfit

Delete

tim_marston

addict

Total posts: 614
Posted:lol skniky............nail on head

Delete

Mags The Jedi

Mags The Jedi

Fool

Posted:The Norwegians were rather attractive too, but then all the ugly Norwegians were rounded up and dropped off a glacier about 300 years ago, so it's hardly surprising. Norwegian girls are SO hot!

devil

Delete

Page: 123