Firehackermember
1 post

Posted:
I realize this is mainly a twirling site but I figured some of you pyros might be interested in a product I am trying to market. It is a kevlar footbag that when lit lasts about 5 to 10 min's and burns with roughly a foot of flame. If anyone is intrested in my product please leave a message and/or e-mail me at firehacks@hotmail.comThanx ya'll

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
no im not intrested in melting my shoes!!!!but my bare feet could use a good burning!!!tell me more!

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
How in the world would people avoid catching there shoes on fire!?------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... I know that YoHo used to make some flaming footbags called I think "Hotties." Their page is:https://www.yoho.com.au/But they don't seem to list them anymore on there. Maybe if you e-mailed them they'd have more info. on if they still make them.As for flaming sneakers, I'd tend to think that the flames would generally raise up and you don't usually hold them on the shoes that long...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
We are working on a similar design but for contact juggling/trailing. It is very much a work in progress. Any way, leather or canvas shoes won't catch. And as long as you hack it and not balance it then the premise should be the same as being tapped from a wrap methinks.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I had a fire hackey once....it was expensive to buy, and fell apart and got replaced 3 times before I gave up on it. The design simply wasnt up to the kero and kicking treatment.If anyone gets one of these new ones, please review it after a few months...cuz I'd love to get another one, if it wasnt going to fall apart after 3 uses (what happened with my old one).PS - you cant do stalls with a fire hack, but you can do all the other moves...its just like doing a wrap, if its quick, it wont burn smileJosh

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Yea, realize the whole "no-stalling" thing, but firehacker said "roughly a foot of flame", i'm more worried about my pants/shorts. Better go tell me my brother about this if it ever materializes... he's big into footbag smile------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I learned a lesson tonight it's don't let borad hacky sackers see your fuel dump, It was so much fun though we kinda gave up on kicking it around cuz I'm really not to good at it and they kinda sucked too. It was going places a flaming hacky shouldn't go :P but we started playing hot potoato with it, that was alot more fun tossing around a flaming hacky we burnt that thing like 4 times and all the stuff inside melted and made it into a nearly hard ball it was rollng around when we got done, Also I dunno why but it was funny as hell the two dudes I was with started whipping it at each other the one guy nailed the other and took off running and the other guy grabed it and whipped it at him. It nailed him it the back and left a huge red mark as it went out, Lots of fun I also had a nice finishing move when I saw the flame was dying out I hit it into the air really hard and put it out. This is a really nice way to get my hands used to putting out my staff and poi. ------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim Morrison

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
sorry for going off topic a bit but you know those fire juggling balls from fyrefly? how the fcuk do you use those???

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
My friends have those juggling balls Blackbird....they use lighter fluid squirt bottles to squirt fuel onto the center wicks (those are the ones that have the kevlar around them right?..you aren't supposed to get the outer shell fueled, just the inside). They then hold them over a flame and toss. It is suggested that you wear leather gloves while juggling them but my friends don't, they just suffer, admittedly stupidly, through the blisters and burns.So, that is what I know.My best to you..------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Hi i'm an avid footbagger and after playin with a firey 1 at a festival i just had to make my own, it hasn't fallen apart yet but is square shaped and diificult to control, r the 1s you're making crocaied or nitted etc, would definitly be interested in getting a good fire hack.gotta keep remindin my self 2 steer clear of the head stalls, doh.cya's.

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
I played fire hacky a few weeks ago and it really only warmed my foot a little and didn't even scorch off all the hair on my foot. grin

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
has anyone out there tried fire soccer?played it on the beach one time.ball was sackcloth with wire mesh wrapped around it. soaked in diesel i think.so much fun. tend to lose orrientation when your kicking it along though, because its so fricken bright and you cant see much else.it was kicked into the water eventually.oh well. party on!

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
slightly off topic again, but we have played flaming volleyball with a roll of toilet paper soaked in fuel and lit....was very funny!! When we came inside all you could smell was the scorched hair that had been singed off our arms...no burns though smile

fe fi foo fun

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
mates of mine have used firestarters as hackeys, but they just brkoe apart too quick, i think.best of all is invisible hackeysack smilei have actually played this with a bunch of people...

Fungimember
7 posts

Posted:
i also have played invisible hack,although its usually been a substitute for when the hacky gets kicked on the roof/under a truck/in the water etc.and as for fire hacky, well i was playing hacky the other day with some mates, and realised just how often the hacky is kicked at your face! maybe it should only be played by ones self...

Fungimember
7 posts

Posted:
i also have played invisible hack,although its usually been a substitute for when the hacky gets kicked on the roof/under a truck/in the water etc.and as for fire hacky, well i was playing hacky the other day with some mates, and realised just how often the hacky is kicked at your face! maybe it should only be played by ones self...

halfabikemember
55 posts

Posted:
has anyone made any progress yet in making a durable one? id love to know!

excuse me, santa, have you seen half a bike?

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
This guy make them goooooood!!!
I got one and its hell wicked!

rbolton@iinet.net.au

He's based in perth Western Australia but I think he does do orders 4 overseas and if not maybe he can tell u how to make one.

Awesome guy and the founder of suitcase circus.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
definatly intrested!!! how much and where do you distribute to???

It's all good

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
heh heh

we play glow hacky..
we take a plain old hackysac and dump the stuff thats inside glowsticks on it and play with that. whats fun about it is everywhere it touches it leaves a glowing dot so by the end of the games we just end up pelting each other with it heh heh
its fun try it!

[ 25 July 2002, 16:42: Message edited by: SorchaTheFlaming ]

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
rbolton? its drreg! this thread is soooooooo old i know, but do you know if he still makes them? i met him at the tassie circus festival and he wasnt selling anything then, except ACAPTA memberships.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley