Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Twirling with 2 poi in each hand (4 poi mort4l komb4t action)

Login/Join to Participate

maxcowennewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Well, it's possible. I'm a badass at it.
But y'know, I have the videos, all sitting here purty like, but
I need more 'hop' points.
Anywho!
Twirling with 4 poi is possible, the only problem is, is you need the old school handles- with only 1 gripp-ee bit-ee. Slide your 2 main fingers into the leading poi, and your pink-ee into the other poi. Use your wrist to try and just get the at least 1/3rd beat apart, then move your elbow from left to right quickly, to get them moving from one side of your body to the other.
*Pushes along* there's not much else that can be said, you just have to go try it.
Once you do have it, your going to have to practice it ALOT. It needs to be natural, once this is so, start learning the other hand. Then, try and put them together. It helps if you have glow sticks, as firepoi EAT YOUR SOUL, and give your wrists the smackdown.

Uhh.. yeah.
My name is Max Cowen, and. I did two videos this night and last for my english assignment, so they a-look a-little wierd.
And. Yeah. I'm 15, and my name is Max Cowen.... >>. *cough*

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I was always of the thinking that if youre gonna spin two poi in each hand, you might as well just go with double meteors. I have, however, spun 4 poi a few times. I was able to do weave crossovers with quarter time separation in each hand making it look like a spinning cross, can turn it to reverse also. Oh, and I got a 4 poi tangled buzzsaw also which is pretty sweet but thats about it. 4 poi really isnt for me.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

maxcowennewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Yeah. You could do that, (I don't actually know what meteors are)...
I get the idea there just 2 poi on one handle though?
But yes. I prefer using poi, so if i go through all my quadruple poi moves, i can just chuck a set to the side, and go to twirling normally.

Uhh.. yeah.
My name is Max Cowen, and. I did two videos this night and last for my english assignment, so they a-look a-little wierd.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yeah, meteors are basically a long chain with heads attached to both ends.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
i like 4 poi.

i don't think it really feels the same as double meteors though,
because with a meteor you can feel the tension of the rope and
it makes it easier to tell when they're properly split. that's why
it's more fun with poi wink.

do you do any double flutterby stuff maxcowen?

also, if you do a search i think you'll find other threads on this.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
l337 on poi? hmmm. never seen that b4.. but then again, ive never really looked. :P

I can barly do buzzsaws with two poi, let alone 4.. so kudos to u guys...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

maxcowennewbie
4 posts

Posted:
I can do it in each hand, but i can't find room to do it, without them hitting eachother, and i 'can' do it to the sides, but, eh, they go off plane and look silly and not-so-good.
I just posted last nights videos! omfg4bbqwtf! Sorry if the editing looks crap, i think i drank some of the metal cleaner. eek
www.geocities.com/maxcowen
And. are there? I know that there is the "possible new moves" article, where it's mentioned, but it doesn't go in depth.

Uhh.. yeah.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
eek

did i see u breathing? u do know the risks right? if not, rad this: fire breathing..
no... wait... even if u think u know, read it. u can never be to carefull.

Sum nice spinning. liked the camera work with the thermals.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

maxcowennewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Yeah. I know the risks, and frankly m'dear, i don't give a damn.
T3h badass spinning is in the small seperate movies, the one to the music is just whatever goes well with the timing of the music.

Uhh.. yeah.

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Written by: maxcowen

Yeah. I know the risks, and frankly m'dear, i don't give a damn.

if you say things like that some people will get upset with you. even if you think you know the risks of fire breathing it's still fun to read the magic link.

if you use reasonably short poi (about elbow length) then there's space for double butterflies. if you do a search on "4 poi" and "four poi" and "double butterflies" and that sort of thing you'll find a few ideas. here's a few random links just to show you that i'm not lying:
[Old link]
[Old link]
[Old link]

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
You can even do double butterflies with long poi... They can be as long as your arms or even a bit longer, you just have to extend your arms completely.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me