Lil Kunimember
11 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, just thought I'd tell what happened to me about a little more than an hour ago.

So I'm spinning outside of my NEW apartment at a major state school and having such a good time while doing so. I'm facing my balcony, and I have my friends videotaping my spinning with my digital camera (movie). It was great! I had music blasting in the backround as I was spinning (this was my second round for the night).

Earlier, there were masses of kids who happened to be on their balconies (sp?) yelling stuff at me. It was awesome, cause I had some craaaaazy loud kids saying such nice things and being cool in general, and I had some other kids yelling stuff such as "YOU ARE GAY!!!!" and "JOIN THE CIRCUS!!!!"

That's life I guess, and I always do expect that when I spin. Can't please everyone.....right?

What I did NOT expect were four kids to come strolling up on MY (I say this in jest, I was just spinning on it) sidewalk. It was quite obvious by just glancing at them that they were looking to fight. Which is cool. (huff!)

I believe it their intention to get me to hit them....then they wanted to start STUFF with me after I had the initial blow, but I sidestepped the first two of them....but ended up screwing up and hitting myself with my glowsticks. Doh.

I started spinning again, passing the third kid completely. Glancing back, I see him backstepping towards me (he took about three steps) and he elbowed me right above my ear. Yeah.

Stumbling forward, I thought to myself.."Um....what the %*#)@....did I do anything wrong here? No!"

I then took a couple big steps and swung my one set of poi (about 2.5 ft long, two glowsticks) at the fourth kid's head horizontally (the one who hit me). I made sure I wrapped partially around his head and hit him directly in the eye.

By the time all of this went down....my friends who were taping upstairs were down to back me up, but nothing happpened anyway. The police just pulled onto the street (gets on knees, thanks the Lord).

I look at the kid who hit me, all he's doing is standing there, holding his eye with his back to me as one of his friend is asking if he's okay, while his other friend is tossing my glowsticks up onto a nearby roof (I hit the kid so hard with em that they popped right off....I have no IDEA how because it was a slip knot).

And I say to him, "Yo, man, I'm sorry I had to hit you, but maybe in the future you won't (*$@ with anyone randomly again. Have a nice night."

Again, thank God for law enforcement and good friends, which are the only reason I'm here right now.

I'd like to know what you guys think about this, I know you weren't there.....but would you have done the same?

https://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/k/mks181/videos/Good%20to%20have%20friends.avi

Hope the movie works.

Fire_Emanatormember
96 posts

Posted:
You really should use fire, not glowsticks....when chumps like that smell their hair burning it really wakes em up! and losing sight in one eye works wonders for the old additudinal dosorder!

Free your mind and your ass will follow!

Lil Kunimember
11 posts

Posted:
Evil!

Amusing, but after seeing that kid standing there like that, I'm glad I didn't have fire. I wouldn't be surprised if I drew blood.

fizzlemember
15 posts

Posted:
well done mate i always find myself walking down the street trying to find ways of beasting people with my fire poi if the opputunity ever rises hehe:) poi can very easily be a potential weapon but look much better when spun not in peoples heads

*peace at the free parties*

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
What a bunch of cocks!

Yes, you did well my friend. Could have turned real nasty, but as if your gonna let yourself get bullied by a bunch of insecure homophobic fags.

I don't understand these freaks. They probably don't understand us eighther an thats why they do things like that... such a shame that kind behavior is the only one they know...

Jealous fools...

Az abouve, So below...

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Have you chains next time and go for a leg wrap and tug to the floor

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
It's a shame you wern't using beamers.
That would most definately have taught him not to do it again

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Ouch Bovril, thats all I can say OUCH!

Does anyone deserve the wrath of those solid lumps of plastic? (I think I would rather take on someone who had a lit set of fire poi than beamers!)

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Usually, I'd say (probably in a way not too dissimilar to monty python's spanish inquisition) that nobody deserves the wrath of the beamers, but unfortunately, this sounds like a special occasion.

People who get in the way deliberately really, really annoy me. I had quite a few people deliberately kick, catch or generally get in the way of my poi when I was spinning at Reading, but never from where I could see them - they always walked up behind me.

Most of the time I can shrug it off, but there was one occasion I wished I was spinning something like a pair of beamers.
I was spinning as fast as I could, just going for the 5 beat weave, so I could see what the electroglo trails were like at top speed - suddenly, I hit something and heard someone behind me start swearing at me so I turned around and started apologising. The bloke I'd hit walked off, continuing to hurl abuse at me.
It wasn't until after he'd gone that someone who'd been watching told me that he stood there for a while and then stuck his hand in the way.
He was pretty lucky I wasn't using beamers really, it would easily have broken his hand.

I really don't like wishing I'd hurt people more, but sometimes I just get really wound up

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Actually, I think I'd better add that I don't like thinking about hurting people in general, and I really don't like violence.

While I trust most, if not all the people on this board not to read anything into my last post and assume otherwise, I know how easy it is to read posts the wrong way since it's just text without any emphasis or inflection - I thought I might as well make sure

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DarkFairyQueen:
[QB]bullied by a bunch of insecure homophobic fags.

Now thats an oxymoron!!

The only thing that you did wrong was apologyse, it doesnt matter how sarcastic you were, the words I'm Sorry enterd your scentance. Other than that HIGH FIVE!! And next time duck when someone tries to elbow you!!

[ 03 September 2002, 04:39: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

LightWeavermember
4 posts

Posted:
That infuriates me.

That some pricks can't stand to have somebody upstaging them. For God's sakes, if somebody is good at something and you think so, give them props.

Their mentality seems to be, "Oh, he thinks he's awesome, let's take him down a notch." Thank God I don't have a fractured self esteem like some of these losers.

I hope you see that kid later on with an eyepatch on. No respect to ppl who start needless fights.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think I've got it figured. They were in a bad mood cos someone had pointed out to them how stupid that kid looks in his shorts.

Just a theory.

Meh

Mean not nice guy, that is friendlymember
92 posts

Posted:
Least you could sumfin 'bout it.
everytime some punks come and front at me while i'm trying to get money I just take it coz' if i were to fight them back they would all run home tell their mums that i was beating them up.
The bacon would take one look at me and lock me up because i'm only fourteen but i'm almost 6 foot.
Sucks to be me.
it don't matter coz' i gotta a lil' dude to take care o' me.
*pats his deadly ewoks forehead.*
This mug can front like Snoopy.
Word.

badly burned boymember
8 posts

Posted:
right on lil kuni!!
better hope them bitches dont come back for more!!
I reckon a good hefty wooden staff would have done the job better than glo sticks though!!

Muff_Daddymember
45 posts

Posted:
i myself am more like Ned Flanders from simpsons. hahaha. i never get angry with friends or anyone in general, but there are ppl like that who i save all my anger for . with ppl like that i lose my patience VERY easily, and hey only when they deserve it, and to be honest, the ones u mentioned, more than deserved it.

'Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than they hide.'

Muff_Daddymember
45 posts

Posted:
i myself am more like Ned Flanders from simpsons. hahaha. i never get angry with friends or anyone in general, but there are ppl like that who i save all my anger for . with ppl like that i lose my patience VERY easily, and hey only when they deserve it, and to be honest, the ones u mentioned, more than deserved it.

'Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than they hide.'

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Here's a clickable link to the movie that Lil Kuni is referring to in the original post.

Meh

Lil Kunimember
11 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys. If I sound unsure of myself, it's because....well, I am. I've never gotten in a fight before. I'm gonna have to get some beaming poi though!

I really thought once I passed the kids, that everything would be fine....but you can OBVIOUSLY see that it was somewhat planned because they all stopped once I got past them. Maybe next time (but I hope not!) I'll just swing the other poi for good measure.

Keep in mind that violence is wrong. But that doesn't mean you have to be a doormat.

(thanks C@ntus for the link)

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Dude, I watched it frame by frame when you got hit. They hit you hard it looks like! So sorry that happened, and good on you for wrapping the string around his head. (Props on the hand/eye coorodination, too!)

Glad you got out of it safely, and only getting elbowed in the ear. 4 on 1 wouldn't go down all that well, even if you had massive pain on your side. At least till your friends came, then you can let loose all hell

Blaze NetworksBRONZE Member
41 posts

Posted:
what freaks... like seriously.. that was just plain stupid.... your walking towards someone who is spinning glowsticks (which hurt really badly when they hit you) and the chances of you getting hit by the swinging glowsticks are like 99.9999%!!!! you should get fire and get their hair on fire... looks like they've got enough gel in their hair to make it flammable.... (just like mine... its scary to spin when you've had all this gel in your hair).... but overall... at least you had friends there to back you up... great spinning by the way!

hrm... lets burn stuff.... jah!

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
Only two things are infinite, the universe, and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
--Albert Einstine

I dont get why it is that people would be motivated to pick fights completely unprovoked at all. But what amazes me more is that they choose to take shots at spinners - both glow and fire. WHY would you in your right mind come up and start shit with someone who has in the case of glowers have two hard pieces of plastic moving at high speed around thier body and obviously knows how to use em with a great degree of precision. Let alone in the case of fire where you are annoying people who have either I long metal stick with fire on each end or a set of searing hot poi with red hot chain attached to em !!!!!! Not to mention an abudance of highly flammable liquid that we obviously know how to use, and have absolutly no problem with ignigting.

I swear some people are so fucking dumb it never ceases to amaze me.

PS Nice shot with the glower.

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
On a side note... what song was that? it sounded cool to spin to

Lil Kunimember
11 posts

Posted:
Kerncraft 400 Zombie Nation (Ohohoh remix)

I think that's the one you're talkin about.

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
Hell yeah it was
Kerncraft 400 Zombie Nation (Ohohoh remix)

AKA (Live Yelling Mix) at least that is what my computer has it listed as.

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DarkFairyQueen:
What a bunch of cocks!
I couldn't agree more... what a pity some people have this attitude...
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
i try to avoid a fight if possible, i dont want to get stabbed or shot by some asshole who doesnt care about his life. i have things i need to live for and i dont want to be laying bleeding thinking damn i could have avoided all that crap.
some fools just want to fight though and theres no getting around it. in that case i get very angry they may think its a fun because there stupid but if i feel threatened i just assume that the person potentially wants to kill me. at that point i pull no punches and i will get dirty. i like to get in pretty close with my hands up and when they glance at my fists or eyes without looking i give a quick hard kick to the inside of there knee and at almost the same time i give a good right slug to the face following up as needed. its all about suprise and distraction and if you fold there knee that never hurts. works every time.. hehe i guess my point is if your gonna scuffle with someone dont take it lightly, destroy them quick with no mercy. you never know they may not give a f*** and thats scary. who knows what they will do.

stay safe. watch your back

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Usually being the pacifist seems like the right idea, but dealing with the 'i should have smacked that punk' regret afterwards is rough.

Well handled. And like someone else said, spin fire.
Nobody fucks with someone who spins fire.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
quote:
Nobody f@
I beg to differ on that one, the chance that people will do something is greatly reduced, but it's not a certainty.

I've had 2 seperate incidents whilst firebusking where a lonely drunk has felt it's my problem he can't get a date...

But I'm sure it would be a lot more if the fire wasn't there.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Goddess_Of_Pyremember
107 posts

Posted:
All I have to add is misery loves company and this world is FULL of miserable people...just waiting for their company.

I get herassed in my own back yard...doing my gardeing..I get it even worse when I spin...when I find like mind people I tend to grasp unto then tighly because they are far and few between sometimes. Just ignore them. and if they make it hard for you to ignore them, make them wish they had.

And all my days are trances And all my nightly dreamsAre where thy gray eye glances And where thy footstep gleams-In what ethereal dances By what eternal streams. Edgar Allan PoeThe prophet is a fool and the religious man is fucking mad, and for the multitude of your sense and your inequity, and the great hatred......NANCY BOY