Page:
DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Hello Dahlings

We've had Nickname threads and username threads, what I'd luv to know now, is what names your parents had for you as children (or, as in my case, still use).

I have a few, but I'll save them for a while coz they're fuking abominable.

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I don't think I ever really got called anything other than Rory by my parents when I was younger, although that could be because any names I was called were so traumatic I blocked them from my memory
If I can remember anything I'll add it later.

My sister calls me all manor of things though, from 'It' to 'Moose', only using my name when she wants a lift into town or something.

edit.. I've just remembered a name I was called at School - Goorah. Allegedly, during a PE lesson once, I swang on a rope like a chimp so I was given an apelike name.
[sarcasm]
I really liked that one
[/sarcasm]

[ 28 August 2002, 04:28: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
They used to call me .... Dominic
Oh the shame of it! When I was young my mother swore I'd never be shortened to 'Dom'. Now I hardly ever hear it any more. In fact I was asked last week why I was called Dom, they assumed it was for some random meaning, possibly related to bedroom preferences as opposed to a shortening of a name.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Oh no, shouldn't drink....truth serum...and..then read threads.......help....

Mum used to call me Macaroon - bit of an anagram of me name. - Yeah smart one mum..........nice
Grandparents used to call me Apple Dumpling because apparently I was a fat bastard when I was a nippa..........
Head in hands here though:-
(As a disclaimer I'd like to say that I tried to disown him repeatedly but he wont flush, thinking of suing him for mental cruelty and trauma)
Dad called me CammyPoos til I was old enough to reply with phrases like "fuck off u fat wanker" at which point he thought it might be innapproprate....ah the joys of being 16 again......LOL
(**Floats off to reminisce about dayz of old and armies marching off to slay dragons**)

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
HoOWaAH!

hI rORY! Twas delightful meeting you at reading

Dom, who said you could get out of your box?! Honestly, gimps these days! So disobedient!

CamyPoos huh? Thats what my ma calls d king. She also has 'Camster' and 'Cameroon'. Ever bin called Camera or Camcorder?

As a child in general, for as long as I can remember I was called LindsayPoo. Always.
Is this the reason I find toilet humour so amusing?..
My Nan had a couple for me I think... ah, yes..

'Fanny-Fanakapan',
'Nut-Case'
'Shit-Face'

Yes, she is a nutter. I wish everyone could have the pleasure of meeting my Nan, she da bomb

I'll save the aboniations for a while longer I think....

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
My name is jonathan I am called jonny by my freinds but my gandma (big momma)insists on pronouncing my full name as joe-nathan.
As if I wasnt hick enough without the moniker Joe-nathan,thats a little to close to billy bob or jom bob to me.
if your name is billy bob or jim bob I mean no offence ,hey at least its not joe-nathan.
Oh yea my uncle used to call me cold beer,but it was pronounced coldbur.

[ 28 August 2002, 05:40: Message edited by: vaperloc ]

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Don't give me that whole remembering your name act DFQ, I read your other post

Must have been something to do with the lack of sleep and smoke in the air or something, I couldn't remember your name earlier either .

But then, I've never been good with names, out of all the people I was introduced to over that weekend, I think I can remember 1 actual name, the rest is a whole load of memories of hair colour, height and a whole load of other details, just no names.

Anyway, it was very nice to meet you, however briefly

[ 28 August 2002, 11:11: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
My dad used to call me "mischief", short for bundle of mischief just waiting for somewhere to happen. He also used to call me "sparkly eyes", cos apparently when I was up to something, or when I was really happy, my eyes used to go all sparkly

[ 28 August 2002, 11:15: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
WOW... Lets have a think here...

Mom:
-linda (pretty in spanish)
-kelly (duh thats my name)

Dad:
-sweetheart
-trouble (not the only one whos called me that;))

Valerie (ma sis):
-puta (bitch in spanish)
-bitch
-cabrona (another cuss word annoying to explain)
-bicha (its like calling a girl a dick but feminine)
-hija de puta (daughter of a bitch)
-chula (sweet thing)
-and several variations of the above...

Tomaz (my darling dear of 1 1/2 years):
-pooh
-swettie pooh
-pumpkin
-kel (becoming popular with my friends)
-honey pie
-swettie pie
and other loved up names like that

Now a days people are beginning to call me:
-kel
-drome

Much love, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
jus want to say i think dominic is a kcik-ass name!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ok, here is my shame....

Podge, because i used to look like a rugby player trying to do ballet, when i was little. Love the pot belly.

Penfold. Another little fat charactor, off danger mouse, that and i can say "Cor Cheif!"

Stackey... stack hat helmets were introduced when i was in primary school. also called, Helmet girl, Stackhat ect...

StaceyLou from Timabucktoo! <-- thankyou miss Hillas, from grade one!

RaceGo, hehee this one i love, and my Dad still calls me it. Comes from having slot car races when i was six, i had a little green ferrari car, and i would literally SCREAM it round the track! ""Go car go, race, go, cmon race! go! car race gooooo!" somehow the words race and go got jumbled all together, i named my car racego, and dad stuck it on me instead... `

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Lordy, lordy...
When i was little, my dad called me Poot, or sometimes Snicklefritches Foofygoo...

For a while when i was 3-4, i was sorta the mascot of some highschool kids who hung out on my beach, they called me Tiger ( which i LOVE)...

My oldest sister says that she could tell when i became an adult: when she stopped calling me "brat" and started calling me "bitch"... :^p

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
wow I had forgotten completely of the existense(spelling)of danger mouse does it still air?if so please dl it for me please.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Danger-mouse biddy-bum-biddy-bum-biddy-bum-biddy-bum Danger mouse....biddy-bum-biddy-bum-biddy-bum-biddy-bum Danger mouse......and so on.....
(Hahaha - didn't realise it was David Jason until I saw a re-run the other day - How Lush is that)
Kool - penfold, I like it.

Hmmmm - Cam-corder, cameroon etc...etc....a good one was when I was in cadets some nippers used to call me Cam-Shaft coz it sounded dirty but they didn't know what it was - LOL.
Errrm, yep, but largely by dick-heads and not my parents which is what u said......or have I just got too stoned at work again.
Errrm ?????? - 'Fanny-Fanakapan' - Que? - Me no comprende..........but I'm going to laugh anyway.
But yeah, I'll come meet your nan as soon as u agree to run off and marry me........I have ice-cream......

Kelly, honey, where have u been?
Haven't seen u for weeks.....
Do you know Spanish then? or just bits......need some help sorting some phrases and stuff out if you're any good
(Sorry don't mean to hijack anyone thread for personal stuff but not everyone checks PMs - and if you're really upset u owe me a beating anywayz )

But, as we're on the hijacking thing already.....and as there seems to be a few London types loitering around in this thread so
Cum 2 mY ParTay - (3 weeks-ish - my house warming)
Details 2 follow
That means fucking EVERYONE................
Have a graveyard next to my house with big whit etombs in and I have possibly 2 professional photgrapher types.....Lots of fire, lots of alchol/greenery/maybe etc.....depending on how messy the night goes...........

Luv & Hugz
Stay Green, and if u can't stay Green go buy sum more........
SmallBoy - xxxxxxxxxxx

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Do i dare.....OH, What the hell....
My mum used to (and still does) call me rom-te-tomch coz my names Roman, and in what ever world she lives in this some how translates to Roman.

My Dad calls me Rome (as in the city of)

And my friends call me......
Zed, zeberdy, Ro, Wheaterbix, Jaz, R jaz, Polanski, tosser etc etc.
My full name is Roman Jozef anjae Zaremba just so the above makes some sence.

Oh, and remember you may dislike your name but get this, my mum used to know an African couple who called their kids "Window" and "Wireless" coz they sounded like nice names ( Trippy shakes his head in simperthey(sp), with a big grin on his face, hehe poor sods)

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
Funny questions that coz, my realy name is Amy, but my dad always called me Azie, which is where i got my HoP name from. I used to hate it (i guess it was just the way he said it), but now its my 'DJ name' (i'm not a DJ, but if i was that would be my name).

The bigger the pants the better!

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well, I am a junior soo, to prevent confusion they called me Scooter hehe

the irony is that I have a second muppet nick name. I got this one here in the Corps, and thats Beaker, lets just day I liked to mix drinks hehe

nothing like walking up to the bar and just pointing and sayin "Put that and that, in a shot and make four of em!!" hehe

Deployments are bad for livers heeh

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
I still think i have the best ones:

Mr Majekia: cos i had a tuft of hair at the back of my head that never ever ever ever ever EVER went down ..my parents tried everything: gel, water, etc but it would always pop right back up

JAK: dad still calls me this as my fuill name is Jonathan Alexander Kneller so it spells JAK

Jakko whacko...cos i was always in trouble...(fucking ADHD grrr!)..and i always got a whack

Nellie the Elephant: as in the Elephant...from Kneller...Nelly...Kneller...Nelly....Kneller...see the similarity?

Knells...as in from Kneller

jon: from Jonathan

Knells Bells...it rhymes and i was 10..what more can i say??!?!?!

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
I was called Lix and created by a magician called Kissoon in a hut in Trinity in the New Mexican desert milliseconds before the first atomic bomb was detonated, My creator hid here from the last surviving members of the Shoal...Or maybe I'm confusing myself with something else...

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
HooHoO!

Excrement people, excrement! (excelent).

There now follows some of the most rediculous names a mother can have the cheek to call their child..

Poo-ka-kah...

.............ok..not so bad right?....How 'bout-

Pooky-Snacken-Burger (all one word)..

or..

Lyndal-hopper?...Sprockey...???...

She also refers to me as her 'dogturd' (as in daughter).

I know there's others, can't think of them now..
Drome, u n yer boy sound like such a cute pair!
Mine calls me Boo, or BooBooChan..
I call him Boo, or Saru-Chan (Saru=Monkey in Japenese).

BraAHhaahaha!

I'll be back if me finks of more..
xxx

Az abouve, So below...

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
One of the names that i despise was probably Nute.
My name is Nate and a few people thought that it would be cute and funny to substitute the vowels.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Have you read the book then, that my conciousness was temporaily inhabiting DFQ? Itsa good one.

[ 29 August 2002, 03:01: Message edited by: Wikkaman ]

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Trippy Hippy:

Oh, and remember you may dislike your name but get this, my mum used to know an African couple who called their kids "Window" and "Wireless" coz they sounded like nice names ( Trippy shakes his head in simperthey(sp), with a big grin on his face, hehe poor sods)

This may just be an urban myth, but I heard about some poor girl being called Ampersand because it sounded nice.
For those who don't know what an ampersand is, it's one of these: &
Great name huh? She'd probably get on well with TAFKAP

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
sugar bear. yes thats right. sugar bear.

I smell something burning.

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
ive herd of a boy in sweden......called...get ready for it.....A....yes....simply...A..its in the guiness book of records

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
"Michael."

Hence, I do not allow people to call me "Michael." I go by "Mike." I've even thought of legally changing my name to "Mike."

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Wikka, havn't got the foggiest..

....Can you tell me more?

Az abouve, So below...

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Davy
Davy Wavy
Davy Monster
Davy Boy

My parents aren't very imaginative.

N8, I think "Nute" is a pretty cool name. Did your mom ever tell you that there are no real monsters? *yuk,yuk* (my apologies to anyone who doesn't get the reference)

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
DFQ, The book I was referring to is a book called The Great and Secret Show by Clive Barker, It rocks. Honestly read it I rekon youll love it.

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
unoriginally my main knickname both as a sprokling and now was . . lolli!!

though i was given a variety of others;
wally lolli
brat
trouble (still am called this, lovely sisters)
smell (ditto)
loz
lau
lala
dildo (ok ok i should explain this one. i had a fido dido bag, you know the guy from the 7up advert and as soon as i got it my cousin changed the logo to fildo dildo. . . i had that bag for 5 years grr)
fuzzy wuzz (cheers mom)

and of course you all ways get the cute and nasty ones;
bitch
shamootah (ivrit for bitch)
laura flora (im not explaining this one grr)

sweety
hun
hermosa
pants
etc etc. .pretty boring i know oh well

hugs and fluff
lolli x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Celestemember
48 posts

Posted:
My dad has called me SugarPooker since I was about two years old. He still calls me that to this day...My coworkers call me Celery. I get all sorts of stuff like Celestial Realm,
Ce-loust, Celestial Tea, on and on. One of my good friends who used to call me Flame all the time has changed to calling me SweetTits for some reason...silly, and gets lots of funny looks in public.

Life is serious, but art is fun!

Page: