Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
enjoy in bristol,should be good.not much space i ahve the same problem and i keep on hitting the lights from the celing.you got infinite hyperloops sorted now?im wating for some one else to set a date lol.

to many freaks to little circuses!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i know the weather sucks i havent been doning n e thing. i got an interview with the rspca in half an hour. they are comeing my flat coz my and my misses are adopting 2 ferrets. we got a fake letter from my landlord to show we are allowed pets. i cant wait they will be come along to meets aswell.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

1,643 posts

Posted:
which will be coming to meets, the RSPCA or the ferrets? biggrin

hello my leetle cymrupoilings, i have returned to the land of diff after several weeks adventuring. i hope you are all well and keeping up with your training, for it is not long before the poi armies will be called upon to defeat the evil of this world!... mwahahahahahaha! ahem.

i however will not be spinning dreckly, because my back currently hurts like hell... but maybe i can still practise unicycling in the rain

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
welcome back non.how was your adventure?we have lost half of the people on here.

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
glad to hear your back. was the adventuring fun? stories? everyone was all like non is gone so i'm leaving to, lol. you missed are awesome gig that we got paid for. sry to hear about your back, hope you feel better soon.

1,643 posts

Posted:
yeah i read about the gig, looked like much fun, next time i think you should all dress up though biggrin

and methinks these people what is lost must be kicking around somewhere... perhaps gone to hibernate for winter... they'll turn up

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah mabye. and yeah the ferrets will be coming ith me. but not at the moment. all they do is bit like hell. i mean they bite down to the bone then dont let go. we adopted them from a rescue centre so before they got there they must have been treated bdly by humans cbecause they hate everyone. but a few weeks of TLC (if i can get close enough to touch them) and they should be find. but its going to be hard. the boy all ready loves poi he stole my socks and ran behinde the sofa lol.

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
hey every one hug just got out of hospital, so not been on in a while. looking to get spinning again soon (apparently hospitals dont like you doing it on the ground because of some safety thing, oh well) biggrin how is everyone?

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
im good, so are you ok now?

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
my monkey fist fire ropes are almost complete,another 2 weeks lol.how is every one?been up to anything interesting?when is our next meet?

916 posts

Posted:
i wouldnt say that im ok now, i have another visit to the hospital tomorrow, and then several check ups with my GP, but i'll live. What has everyone else been doing lately?

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
if you dont mind me asking whats wrong with you?well i have been doing but workin

1,643 posts

Posted:
welcome back emogal, hope you're stay in hospital wasn't too serious and good to hear you are on the road to recovery....

So really, where is everybody? where's gizmo disappeared to? and miss buggleberry fairy, did you get her along to a meet yet? So my back hurts less, although still not spinning because crazy big pile of stuff to do, however i could be persuaded were there to be a cardiffy meet arranged for sometime preferably on a day it's not raining... or somewhere dry... but i'm a bit short on suggestions for those kind of places smile

916 posts

Posted:
ive got a slipped disk of cartilage in my jaw and still dont know whats wrong with my back, goin for an MRI scan which will hopefully tell me. Got really bad news from the doctor though: no poi until they know whats wrong, which could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months! so im not really a happy bunny, well because of that and because they have put me on 1200mg of co-drydamol a day, along with a few other pills

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
im still here, i just not got anything to say at the mo! no, i havent been to a meet yet, but im usually free sundays so stop putting them on saturdays!! lol. im up for a meet although the weather's been so nice lately ha ha ha.

get well soon to emogirl and hello to ya'll.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

1,643 posts

Posted:
*didn't realise there disks of cartilage in jaws* Ouch! that sounds painful. But at least it's winter, and no doubt you will be poi-ing again by summer, when it's nice and warm and easy to do so.

And so... ok, next meet whenever that shall be a sunday. which is good for me also, so yes...

916 posts

Posted:
thanks buggleberry_fairy hug

lol NOn smile yea, they're between your top and bottom jaw, what helps them move. yea, it's quite painful :'( but thankfully i should be spinning soon, doctors said could be as soon as 3 months! yay! lolsign but i may break the rules and do a little spinning when noone is around to tell me off

1,643 posts

Posted:
now... i don't want to sound like a nasty responsible adult or anything, but i wouldn't recommend doing too much spinning before your back is better or you might just make it worse... then you will be unspinnyful for aaaages, maybe months, maybe years!! or it might be fine, but you never know, so don't over do it...

as for the jaw problem, sounds like you will have to do most of your talking online for a while anyway, good excuse for HoPping! biggrin

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
does sound painfull,hope your better soon,swansea meet swansea meet,i have learnt 1 side of a wait wrap,weave and butterfly.how is everyone?where has gizmo gone to i still got his fire poi,they are getting lonely in my bathroom.

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
we are good here. dylan busted out an infinite hyperloop into an antispin flower the other day!!!(translates to: he spun them around a little) he really likes my old wooden diabolo sticks because he can bang them together over and over.

i can do a 2 diabolo shuffle now and duicides with one. i really need more space for practice with all this rain, like a gym frown

sage

916 posts

Posted:
well, if i do do a bit of spinning then i'll only do some easy moves and wont over do it. i cant stop completely otherwise when i start up again it will be like starting from scratch again (which wont be good because im only just getting past extremely rubbish! lolsign

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
just wanna say,there is a pic of my money fist ropes almost finished in my gallery,take a look and let me know what ya thinks?cheers peeps!

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
very nice work, they look awesome

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
i hve finished them,i tried them with the links and that off my poi and they spin nice lol,i aint lighting them up coz i want to sell them.how are things sage?

1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm... how much do you want to sell them for...? I might buy some new fire poi soon y'see... not sure if i got enough money yet though, and i might need specifications like how heavy & long are they?...

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
aint heavy,lighter than my ropes are,ill measure them and let you knows,i duno how much yet.how much you want to pay lol!

1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm... lighter than my socks? (which are heavy...) how much did you're materials cost?? biggrin

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
yup lighter than your socks (un soaked),when i get links 25 squid lol.they are a nice weight,id keep them if i didnt already have ropes.

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
morning all!

can i come join you on this thread? i was here a while ago then disappeared and lurked for a while, but now it seems to be everyone re-meeting each other so i thought i'd come and play, if that's all ok?

i'm lovely, i promise. and i think i met non once...

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
hello Cindere;;a456 hows things and where you from etc... i hate this weather everyone but i picked my poi up for the first time in weeks today and i love them again. ryan has got a fire diabalo its amazing but hes to much of a fagit to light it up yet and will not liet me have first burn. but the flames with be massive on it. its got just as much if not more wicking than my poi.

so whats everyone up to. and giz has gone, he normaly posts more than any one else (bar sage lol)

Page: ......