Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
Seeing as there's a post about Dune floating around, i figured i'd male one about Alasdair Reynolds' Revelation Space series

if you know nothing about the author, or series, here's a quick overview....

mankind has colonized a small portion of the galaxy thanks to lighthuggers, massive ships that can reach nearly the speed of light. however, due to the decades of travel time spent on one trip, it is not a casual journey. the human race has seperated into several factions, including the Demarchists (embrace technology, but are still basically human), the Skyjacks/Ultra's (replace limbs and organs with mechanical versions for both practical and asthetic purposes), and the Conjoiners (link their minds into a sort of telepathic network, can think much faster than un-augmented humans, but lack many emotions)...

the coolest thing about these books, is that they tie together in a way i have not seen since LOTR. the books don't stand alone, but tie in with Reynolds' other books and short stories to create a detailed universe. characters meet and seperate in era and place, due to cryogenics and spaceflight. Best of all, the stories do not face a single foe and end it, as in so many books... they simply follow a portion of time and the major players in that time...

so, after all that... has anyone else read these books??
impressions??
am i alone??

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i love reynolds

dont have time to type now though

:-)

Love is the law.