Forums > Social Chat > Kick Arse Spin tonight

Login/Join to Participate

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Wow I just got home from the great San Diego meet and spin, ohh my it was great. FireMike your cool man though I was too chicken to try your fire sticks thingies they were cool and I give you high praise!!! Everyone I met wow much love and respect to you all. Most important Nyx was out there!!! Yay!! I consider myself just extreamly blessed to be around such awsome people Pozee thanks for setting this all up man. There were so many people there I didnt get all of their names but then again I have trouble remembering my own name (thats why we sew them on to our uniforms!!)!!!! Any how thanks for showing up all of you who did, for those that didnt you missed out on the oprotunity of a lifetime!! I am sure they had something mega important to do so I understand and no hard feelings but still yall missed out.

Any how thats all from my big mouth

Raymund Phule

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Ray, you beat me to this board (i got some online webwork to do right away for OrangeFire - a step towards our having good photo galleries for everyone), but then you had up to 2 hours driving head start! it was totally cool, a BIG grin to meet you in person, dude, really really enjoyed that. thanxfully ya only said "thingies" so people can keep guessing in da next-door thread on my blisters! you were a brave champ audience for that gizmo (as much as i'll say for now), hope it was good for ya.

Calvran's planning to expand his swordplay into a 2-sword duel soon, too. Pack of staffs, not to mention fire devil sticks on a unicycle.

it was amazing fun.

south Orange County, Oceanside, and much of San Diego are clearly one fire spinning family, ever more so. and thanx to Pozee for bringin us all together. besides, as always, he totally SLAYED the crowd with his blue/green glowstick stringing, man's so natural in his rhythm, he's a cultural treasure. Ray, those willing to share contact who aren't regular HoP peeps added themselves to our book here, though mainly after observer friends had taken kids and videocameras home.

Nyx, after you scared me with your shyness (which Kyrian PROMISED you wouldn't have), it was a total pleasure to meet our guest of honor. hope ya enjoyed candy-in-da-chemical-flesh from Kinudin, what a kick! and we're still all dyin to see that chainmail halter!.... and Dulce and her family are so sweet, aren't they, Nyx?

Spanky, Calvran and Jarod were pointing out our gathering size may be up to UK scope tonight, whoooooOO! whoooOOOOOOOOO! and i got to jump over dreamer's ass and over his head too!

and for sure at least a few will be in our kinda regular south OC place tomorrow night, Calvran found some local HoP folks, gonna show em our home beach tomorrow night for sure, can pretty much bet i'll be there, and we'll be phoning a lil Oceansiders to see what they're up to tomorrow

next month or October we gotta have live music too, bro. here's a shout out to everyone who was with us, and everyone who wanted to come!

[ 14 August 2002, 22:25: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
wow!! i must admit we did have quite the turn out. it was definately a blast to be able to burn with all that talent in one area. thank you all for coming and i hope we can start doing all of this on a regular basis. i would like to check out your sword a little more calvran if you dont mind, if you were to bring it tonight that would be great. well all have a great day and i will see you tonight. if anyone needs to contact me 760-224-5000. you have all inspired me truly. to see so many great people get together and gather in one place was truly magnificent...

anyone got a light?

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
https://foozone.net:81/pics/HOP/8-13-2002/

Mad pictures. Mostly unsorted, a few came out though....My camera is evil. I should get a new camera. But that costs money, so I guess we have to suffer again tonight, or have someone else bring a working camera.

2,905 posts

Posted:
I am still pissed and depressed about running out of wire, I have more in so I am back at work on it.

I made it way to wide so I am redoing alot alot alot of work. It takes just about as long to undo work as it does to do it By the time Nyx gets home from her lill vacation I will have it done and ready to mail to her. I would have like to have seen her wear it but the belly dancer outfit will just have to do

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
You're doing the whole thing over? I'm impressed, that's a lot of work, but it sounds like it is going to turn out really nice, it looked good the other night for how much you had done, and if you are redoing it I'm sure it will look even better!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yep alot of work to do but this time I am not crunched for time so I can relax and really put my heart into my work.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Oooo, Ray, what a sweetheart you are.... i promise to take a pic of me in the chainmail or maybe ya'll will get to see it this summer when i move to Santa Cruz! BTW i just found this thread after i had already posted my many thanks on the old "san diego" thread, so if ya didn't see it, it's there!
luv & light
Nyx

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

2,905 posts

Posted:
You had better send me your address so I can mail this out and check your PM's!!!!

Its not finished I will be taking it with me, packing up the squadron and other work related things took presidence unfortunatly.

2,905 posts

Posted:
You had better send me your address so I can mail this out and check your PM's!!!!

Its not finished I will be taking it with me, packing up the squadron and other work related things took presidence unfortunatly.