stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
so, i was just browsing through the double staff matrix thread, and a fantastical revelation struck me..

could one do a double staff pinwheel where both staffs are going in the same direction? so no cross overs or switching of hands..

i was thinking, say both are going clockwise.. you could simultaneously throw them, with left so it makes a small arc over your head, and with right from behind you back, straight up..

then with your left hand you catch the staff thrown with right behind your left hip, as if you just handed it off.

with right you catch the other staff that came over your head and continue the cycle..

it would have to be done pretty fast, and id imagine with relatively short staffs..

has this been done/tried/talked about before?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
might be possible - but the catching would be pretty tricky.

a similar move is continuous halo roll-btb pass cycles - basically the same as you described abov but the top staff is transfered across with a halo roll while the bottom is passed to the other hand.

requires some relatively speed handy work, and more easily control if you turn your body with the halo.

have fun biggrin

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
oooohhh

i just got long doubles

doubles contact mmmmm

that sounds like a nice move to start on Dentrassi (havent heard from you in a while, hope your well dude)

not really sure what you mean stickman. you'll have to show me in utrecht on saturday biggrin

i do find it very very hard to throw from behind the back. I find it easier to throw holding it waaayy of center.

haveb you tried you just keeping one in the air in front of you and pin wheel the one behind you? i've seen this done and its very pretty indeed.

Love is the law.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I can do doubles pinwheels biggrin No "cross overs", no "switching hands", no throws and no absolutely finger spins biggrin

Eventually someone will bother to film me but until that happens you'll just have to take my word for it.

Meh

580 posts

Posted:
no man, ado-p.. eek but ill definitely give it a try now!

im definitely a newbie when it comes to doubles.. it was just a thought, but well see if we can work it out..

i have a pair of short doubles tho, but i find them easier to throw, altho they spin quite fast, but well work something out wink

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
cantus

dont be so slack and make with the explantaiton

i can do double pin wheels in the wheel plane with 1m sticks but thats it and im still working on them..... it feels more like some kind of flower move. no body turning, rolls, wraps or throws

edit/ in fact they are not really pinwheels at all. their long arm fig8's and reverse low double spins. but they look like pinwheels!!!

well?

smile
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1105454473)

Love is the law.

580 posts

Posted:
yes cantus, i would very much appreciate an explanation for that statement smile

do you possibly turn your body, cuz then i can begin to conceive of the possibility that in a far away parallel universe it might be done..

*runs for his staffs to try*

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Doesnt a pinwheel have to stay in one plane though?

or does it?

Love is the law.

580 posts

Posted:
yea but you can turn your body when the staff is behind your back.. you said so yourself tongue in that thread started by richee (forget the name of it)]
technically the staff should stay in the same plane, in a way like CJ if you know what i mean..

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i know what you mean but then what do you do with the other stick?

how do you pinwheel both staffs in the wall plane, front and back?

if they are both in the front wall plane oyu can just do long arm butterflies but then its not a pinwheel is it?

Love is the law.

580 posts

Posted:
hmmmmm,confused

yes, well, it was more of a speculation than a concrete idea, let alone something i can do.. but i was thinking you have both staffs behind you, and like i said in the first post, throw them simultaneously...

i tried it yesterday, and although im complete and utter sh!te at throwing from behind my back, it should technically be possible.. im sure the rubber heart duo could do it hehe