Forums > Social Chat > *POLL* How many times have you set yourself on fire?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NeoGeomember
6 posts

Posted:
topic

Don't smoke crack whilst practicing poi

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
If your a crack head without the need for crack then does that mean you shouldnt do poi?

Yeah ignore my shenanigans...

I set myself on fire once... It was just a tiny bit of my top (the fuzz on a cotton jumper)though nothing scary...

Ciao, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

NeoGeomember
6 posts

Posted:
crack and poi go together very well, you should try it sometime. It is even more fun when you light yourself.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
But I dont need crack to be a crack head.
Ya get me?
Anyways I love setting anything on fire...
damn...
We should do another poll while we are at it:
Who is a pyromaniac? Is that why you spin fire?

Ciao, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

NeoGeomember
6 posts

Posted:
I love setting anything on fire unless it smells relly bad when it burns. Try lighting wd 40 after spraying it on dry grass.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
twice.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
you guys kick ass!
WD 40
OMG ('oh my god' for all non-e-tards)

Enough said, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Never.

How old are you Neo? Not a diss, just a question.

Meh

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Never but this morning I poured petrol over my hand and lit it, does that count?

EDIT: Cantus what makes you say that?

[ 21 July 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: Tlight ]

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Tashamember
21 posts

Posted:
Never, at least not yet

I've had people ask me if I were shipwrecked on a deserted island, and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat.'

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Define "set yourself on fire".....

How about, "I can't count that high"

or "I stopped keeping track after about 20 times"

It is not catching on fire that is bad, it is staying on fire that is bad. Seriouse burns? Just one, cause I didn't spin off my wicks.... dumbass

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Only singed my hair once, never really actually set myself ablaze (Thank Jeebus), I have watched quite a few people start themselves on fire though. Had to save a friend once when he was going through an alternating butterfly routine and got his lit poi hoplessly tangled up in his dreads It didn't help that he'd just put some beeswax in beforehand; kinda made his hair into one giant candle.

I saw a fire juggler on the tellie accidently light his dip bucket on fire, he panicked and kicked his dip bucket and caught the whole room on fire.

And I spun at an open stage fire performance last year where the Orginizers went on without a safety guy (after hours of insisting that everyone else have one) and during a poi routine, directly following a fire breathing routine, some white gas dripped off his poi and set the stage alight and their dip bucket. Those only noticed after we screamed at them for a few minutes (apparently they thought we were cheering, but I don't know where they got that from us screaming "Safety" along with a string of odscenities). Some of you may remember my irate post......
But no, I have never set my self on fire, why do you ask?

quote:
I love setting anything on fire unless it smells relly bad when it burns. Try lighting wd 40 after spraying it on dry grass.

Are you stupid?

[ 21 July 2002, 11:29: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Three times.

Leg, back, other leg.

Each time, my safety was there to kick me out. (... yeah. Kick)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
What makes you ask why I ask Tlight? I was curious. I don't remember reading an intro for NeoGeo. Tis all. Like I said it wasn't a diss.

However you define "set on fire". I've never been burnt whilst spinning (and I've been doing it for a while).

Meh

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've never actually set myself on fire, but I've had a couple of singes.
I've done a couple of butterfly double wrist wraps by mistake and ended up with my hands inside a ball of fire, but that just took off the hair on my hands and forearms.
I've smacked myself in the face and head a few times too, usually because I get a bit complacent after having a couple of burns with no problems. I end up stinking of burnt hair with a very thinned out eyebrow, or something very similar.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

NeoGeomember
6 posts

Posted:
Where any part of you body catches fire and you feel pain.

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
Heh heh, I set my ass on fire once! Back before I learned that toy fur mini skirts are flammable!
The other time was at confest and i set my wrists of my top on fire cos i was poiing and off my tits, a stuuuuuuuupid combination? Funny to watch tho'!

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
quote:

Where any part of you body catches fire and you feel pain.
surely you dont need to feel pain to of set yourself on fire.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
never, but i very nearly set the school on fire yesterday...

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Just my pant leg, I bouced a fresh poi off of my leg and my friends were like dude your on fire! A little shake of the leg and it went out hehe.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
I've been on fire a good few times before but nothing too out of control!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
BEWARE!

All contact staffers who use two wicks! I have seen products of a split second contact with a fire head on my friend's upper arm... Second degree burn znd it was only on there for a second (well maybe two)...

Be careful whith the placement as you might get burned...

Otherwise I havent heard of many BIG incidents with fire...

Follow safety precautions meninos!

Much love and hugs, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
so NeoGeo.... all those times when I was on fire, (but the flame went out befor it hurt me) Don't count? And those times I got burned by the metal on my poi and staff don't count either?

That is good to know, now I don't feel so bad.

So, in that case, I've only caught myself on fire once....on the back, got a nice 2nd degree burn, big too.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
im with dan, i catch my selfon fire every time i play with my poi. white gas and no spinning off, then you wrap it on a body part and viola you are suddenly engulfed in flame. i caught my polyester shorts on fire once, and had to run down to the ocean. i almost jumped in, but then it went out.i do have 2 perfectly charred X's burned iton my bicep though from my earlier days of using towel and wire cages for my poi...

anyone got a light?

Kendermember
33 posts

Posted:
I've caught shirts on fire (little burns here and there) but the biggest one was my hair. Luckily my safety was there to smack me around enough to put it out.

Isn't having friends wonderful??

-= Kender =-

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
I catch my dickies on fire sometimes when poiing.. (sometimes being like 98% of the time.. heh) but it goes out in a few seconds and looks cool. i did set the back of my shirt on fire once and got a nice big 2nd degree burn from that.. and singed hair and eyebrows and eyelashes yadda yadda yadda..
oo except when i did a butterfly leg wrap and the poi got tangled around my leg and i had to be pot out with a fire extinguisher.. lol
but i didnt get burned. YEY!

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
ummm... never, not one time, ever set myself on fire

and you cant prove it

Wow

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh so many times!!
But there are four occasions that are the most memorable, The first one where I caught my hair on fire...(stinky)
The second where I caught my pants on fire..(showing off for hot guy...Instant karmic kick in the butt ego girl!!!)
the third where I grabbed the stick right at the end with a poorly judged catch...my hand had nice 2nd degree burns. (didnt twirl for a while after that one)
and the fourth where I stood on a red hot poi just after a twirl in barefeet!!!! Didnt see it... OMG that hurt!!! Right on the soft part of my foot...got called hopalong for a while....

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I've not set myself on fire once, though I've cinged my hair twice, and once I hit my belt and a bit of the fluid stayed on for a while.. it went out naturally in a few seconds.

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
that depends, delibratly or not???
twice by accident but nothing major, actually pretty cool, from here i moved on to doing it on purpose, (i beat the poi to it!!!) i have set beany on fire before it was cool, so i did it again.

It's all good

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
i burned my hair once..with my staff..
havent set my self on fire..
i did a wrapp on my leg the onther day and the wire on my chain wrapped around my self nadi could shake it off so i got a minor burn on my ankle. no biggie really. ive been asked this questions a million times i bet you all have too *lol* or the famous "is that REAL fire??"

uhmm no its a light trick with tissue paper...
*twitch*

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

Page: