Forums > Social Chat > A few random questions

Login/Join to Participate

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Is it possible to jusggle with a tennis ball saturated in parrafin? How about juggling with fire starters? How do you set your tongue on fire(without burning it)? What temperature does lighter fluid burn at? On most flames is the very bottom at a low heat, like if you were to pour parrafin into your palm and then light it, would it burn your hand? Does anybody know how to control the weather (proven methods only please)? How do you put on 2 stones quickly and easily? If you were to drop a hack sack in parrafin and light it would it burn nice? How do you get to read Terry Pratchet free without going to the library? How come so many people have adobe photoshop, surely that many people wouldnt dish out that money? Is big brother immoral (TV show for non-english)? How do they do that on countdown (another english TV program)? Have aliens landed on Earth... my pherapist says so...?j/k. What IS the purpose of life? Are the rich happy? If you were going to commit-suicide how would you do it (Id jump out a plane)? Are you all a figment of my imagination? Will my browser unexpectedly crash just as Im about to click "Add New Topic"? Why did god give us life if hes just going to take it away? does anybody really enjoy doing comets? If you had a million pounds/dollers(other currencies) what would you do with it? Would my theory on time travel work? Will I wake up in a few minutes?

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Tlight,

I dont recommend the tennis balls on fire... Instead you should go find a pair of kevlar gloves and balls made out of metal (dunno what type of metal) these are usually specially made and are 'cored' so that you can wrap kevlar around them and shove a bolt in to keep it there... They are also quite heavy so make sure ur muscles are good for it. Dip em in parrafin and off you go!

The blues flame is usually the hottest (correct me if I am wrong)... Or the flame nearest to the reaction...

You eat shitloads of chocolate and other fattening foods... Protein shakes... Exercise and keep eating... 2 stone shouldnt be a huge difficulty although if your metabolism is as mine you wont be able to quickly.

Photoshop... Lovely program, you want a copy? (dont tell the authorities)

Big brother is kinda wrong I think.

I think aliens have landed... I'm one of 'em!

The purpose of life is enjoing life itself!

Some of the rich are happy...

I wouldnt have the guts to commit suicide so I dont know how I'd do it... Maybe the least painful way!

We might be a figment of your imagination!

The browser didnt crash.

God might not even have been the one who gave you life, ask your mom about that...

I would set up a nice studio and give the rest to charity! (Ok... so I might buy a nice house for me parents seeing as I love 'em so much)

Dunno your theory on time travel...

You might wake up, I will shout at you...

TLHIGHT TLIGHT WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

Oh dear, its no use...

BTW: you are nuts I like you!
Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'll give these a go.
So, without firther ado, in order....

- yes, but only if it's not lit, if it is, you'll just end up with a load of molten plastic and rubber all over your hands.

-probably, but you'd have to wear gloves, or just get them back in the air damn quickly

-I have no idea, I've never really wanted to try so didn't need to look for ideas.

-I don't know this one either.

-Yes, the paraffin burns away and leaves your hand fine, but there's always the danger of spilling paraffin onto the undeside of your hand. I know from experience that if this lights you end up with your hand in a ball of flame.

-Kind of. I know that the shuttle engine test facility, it rains after a test burn because of all the clouds it makes.
I suppose that doesn't really count though.

-Eat lard. Lots of it. Or, according to the Simpsons, anything that turns paper clear when it's rubbed on it.
Plus, you could read The Spark's Fat Project for some ideas.

-possibly, although it depends what it's made of, I wouldn't go for anything synthetic unless you like picking lumps of plastic out of your flesh.

-buy, steal or borrow the books, or get someone to pick them up from the library for you.

-I doubt most people have forked out for the money, it's easier and a hell of a lot cheaper to find a crack and use that.

-It's probably not immoral, just incredably boring, tedious and unfortunately butting in and taking over everyone's lives.

-How do they do what on countdown?

-Probably not, but I'm pretty sure there is something out there, just because of the statistics and probability.

-The purpose of life is to be happy, make other people happy and make other people.

-I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be quite happy if I was rich, so I assume that the majority of rich people are happy.
Probably not content, but that's a different kind of happiness.

-I'm not sure, definately not hanging or drowning myself though, I'd want to get it over with quickly without the panic of having nothing to breathe.

-it doesn't make any difference what my answer is, if I am a figment of your imagination, you'll be imagining these answers anyway, so even if I say no, you could just be imagining that I'm saying no.

-Doesn't look like it.

-So we can try to do something with it, do what we want to do, get loaded and have a good time.

-I do, especially when I can't be bothered with having to sort out the fire toys.

-I'd probably be pretty selfish and build myself a pub somewhere. One with twister mats laquered into the floor and enough space around the pool tables to use the cue properly.

-No, it wont. If I'm proved wrong and it does, I can always use it to re-write this answer.

-Probably, it usually takes less time that that for most people to wake up

Wow, that's long.

[ 20 July 2002, 13:16: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Okay, so... i only haev a few answers, but here they are:

To put on two stones, simply pick them up and place them on your head. or any other body part you wish. Now keeping them on, that might be another matter.

It has been my expierience that you can sit in bookstores and read their books. for free. not quite sure why though.

I have adobe cause my dad works for a university. So it didn't cost anywhere near that much money.

Big Brother scares me. A lot.

I have never seen countdown, not being english.

It's up to you to decide the purpose of your life. If you mean the purpose of life existing, i'd say entertainment and education. And, i'm not entirely joking. Even mostly not i'd say.

The rich are happy if they want to be.

Why would i tell you how i planned to commit suicide?

I am a figment of your imagination. I am also not a figment of your imagination. This does make sense. No, I'm serious. It would just take a lot of explaining.

I can enjoy commets, at times.

I think I'd use my million dollars to go to uni, lol. Ooh, can i haev a million pounds instead? I think that's teh strongest currency right now.

You will not wake up in a few minutes.

Thanks for teh entertainment, peace & love, Kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
wooh, nothing like acting weird to make friends!!! Well my theory on time travel would be to type in the co-ordinates of just before the big bang. Then you would set it off and it would emulate the universe exactly. Then you could look ito the future and the past. Of course you would need a computer larger than our own universe.7

Drome I would LOVE a copy of photoshop, you would have to send it to me or something. I have a 56 k modem. Cant download large files.

Well about half an hour I did wake... very confused, VERY confused.

About a year ago I decided for about a week everybody was actors. I treated everyone like dirt(heh)

I reckon the meaning of life is to contribute to society, that and having fun.

If I had a million ounds Id put it in a bank and live of the interest, yes very boring.

Okay Im gonna try and answer some of my questions.

I think that big brother in a way is immoral. It ruins peoples lives. In britain there are some people that are really hated and they will now be recognised wherever they go and be despised.

The rich dont think they are rich so it doesnt really work

I know what you mean about me being a figment of your imagination and vice-versa. I often think about that. I also think why do we see with our eyes, why cant we do it wih our ears or nose. Perhaps other animals do see like that. bats for example.

Countdown is a quiz where you choose 9 letters and try to make the largest word you can with them.

Althought I dont have any comets I make little ones with beads on the ends. Gotta love them.

Right Im going to set fire to my hand, Be back in a bit.

NeoGeomember
6 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Tlight:
Is it possible to jusggle with a tennis ball saturated in parrafin? How about juggling with fire starters? How do you set your tongue on fire(without burning it)? What temperature does lighter fluid burn at? On most flames is the very bottom at a low heat, like if you were to pour parrafin into your palm and then light it, would it burn your hand? Does anybody know how to control the weather (proven methods only please)? How do you put on 2 stones quickly and easily? If you were to drop a hack sack in parrafin and light it would it burn nice? How do you get to read Terry Pratchet free without going to the library? How come so many people have adobe photoshop, surely that many people wouldnt dish out that money? Is big brother immoral (TV show for non-english)? How do they do that on countdown (another english TV program)? Have aliens landed on Earth... my pherapist says so...?j/k. What IS the purpose of life? Are the rich happy? If you were going to commit-suicide how would you do it (Id jump out a plane)? Are you all a figment of my imagination? Will my browser unexpectedly crash just as Im about to click "Add New Topic"? Why did god give us life if hes just going to take it away? does anybody really enjoy doing comets? If you had a million pounds/dollers(other currencies) what would you do with it? Would my theory on time travel work? Will I wake up in a few minutes?
Lol@Tlight, do you really expect someone to answer all those crazy questions?

Don't smoke crack whilst practicing poi

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
The crack heads DID answer man... We answered his call! He was in need of thoughtful existence...

I might be able to get that copy of photoshop... But first I suggest you find a friend who is a computer programmer (they always seem to have access to cracks even if they dont hack/crack themselves), or ask a trusty hacker friend for a copy... Alternatively you can borrow someones copy and then just not register....

Tchau drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

NeoGeomember
6 posts

Posted:
I don't think your questions really belong here.

Don't smoke crack whilst practicing poi

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
why do you say that?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Tennis ball with paraffin: It is possible. It is somewhat more difficult if you light the paraffin.

Juggling with fire starters: see above.

If your tongue is on fire, then it is burning. If you put fuel on your tongue, then the fuel is burning on your tongue and your tongue may or may not be burning.

Different lighter fluids burn at different temperatures.

Paraffin would burn your hand. A mixture of 25% white gas and 75% 70% isopropyl alcohol is good for tracing.

The weather can be controlled, albeit messily, by burning lots of fossil fuels and raising the global temperature. Cloud seeding has been disproven as a method of making it rain.

To put on two stones quickly and easily, attach leather straps to two stones and put them on quickly. If the straps are loose, it will be easy, too.

A hackey sack dropped in paraffin would burn nice...as would just about anything else.

You can borrow a Terry Pratchett book from a friend.

People have Adobe Photoshop because it sometimes comes bundled with their system software or because they are consumerites who don't know better than to buy something they don't need.

The TV show Big Brother is certainly not immoral because the participants volunteer and the audience is also voluntary.

I am not familiar with "Countdown."

Aliens may have landed on earth in the form of microbes that may have seeded all life on Earth billions of years ago.

Life has no purpose that can be easily discerned at this time. It seems to simply exist to reproduce.

Some rich people are happy, but rarely because they are rich.

If I was going to commit suicide, I would take a huge dose of cocaine and a huge dose of heroin or morphine together. If these were unavailable, then I would probably go the multiple sleeping pill route.

I am not a figment of your imagination. I am still trying to determine if you are a figment of mine.

Your browser did not crash as you clicked "Add New Topic." (Ain't time cool?)

If G-d gave us life, then my answer about the purpose of life is incorrect.

Comets? As in comet poi? Yes...sometimes. Generally when altered.

A US$1 million is not that much money for what I would want to do. I mean, hell, my education is costing almost a quarter of a million. However, I'd get myself a new car (you have to buy a new car if you win the Lotto, it's just...required) buy a house in Ann Arbor, pay my parents back for my education, and then I'd give the rest to my cooperative house at Stanford.

I am not a physicist and I have not seen your theory on time travel, so I am not sure if it will work, but if it will work, wouldn't you already be aware of it? I mean, wouldn't you come back and tell yourself?

You are getting veeeerrrrrryyyyy sleepy.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mr Ginny, a stone is an english weight. It is equivalent to 14lb. Not sure if you knew that and you were just being silly but I thought I should say anyhoo.

Meh

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I knew that, Cantus. However, I thought that "stone" was its own plural. And besides, my answer was much more amusing than talking about high-carb/protein shakes.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I have a theory as to why young mr Tlight pluralised stone unecessarily but I'm scared that he may come back through time from an age when he's less skinny and kick my head in. So i'll stay quiet.

Meh

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Hehehe , what makes you think I am not the less skinny Tlight from the future.

*feels stupid and runs away*

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Pass, Pass, Dunno, Forgot, No, No, Put Them in a bag and hang them round your neck . Probably not, Stealing it? everyone burns a copy from the same person? No but its shit, they look up words on a data base after inputting the letters? yes, Whatever the individual wants it to be, I hope not, An overdose of something halucinogenic, maybe, its possible, Dont really have an answer for that one, I dont but know people who do, Buy the house me and my housemates rent, really do it up nice, and the just chill for awhile , What theory, again its possible.