Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Inner core fire 3 piece staff

Login/Join to Participate

whitehawknewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Does anyone here have the Inner core fire 3 piece staff?

Is it good?

I am seriously considering getting one, as I'd like a staff which can break down, but also has a fibreglass core.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I have one, and absolutly love it. It's a nice wieght and can be taken just about anywhere. Plus in my burns, I've learn't to "break" the staff in half (remove one side) and start a nice poi/club routine...

The wieght as I was saying is nice, however, contact is possible, but more of an issue... I find. wink

If your a traveler... or plan to be one, I wouldn't go pass an innercore staff... ubbrollsmile tire fwirling bliss...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

raychBRONZE Member
stranger
7 posts

Posted:
tooo light = bad for contact....tooo soft of a metal--> if you happen to get a dent in the middle of the staff the suction lock dealie doesn't work as well and it's harder to put it together after that....wicks are kinda small on the five footer.

however it is pretty, breakdownable, it seperates to clubs, and if your packing it light it might be perfect.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: twistedchick

tooo light = bad for contact....

id dissagree, what if youve never done contact before? you are not going to know that a heaver stick may help you, hense you will learn with what youve got.

I leanrt most of my contact staff with a set of innercores, yeh the contoured handle may seem to cause problems, but we all become accustomed to our own toys.......personnaly i still use innercore staffs for doubles routines, they have a great feel and if looked after will last you for ages (ive had mine 3 years, they still going strong)

They ae agreat stick to twirl and if youve never tried much contact leaning with these will be just as difficult and learning with a straight stick smile

My first bit of advise - get one biggrin

My second - if you cant afford - make one biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I agree and disagree with you there strugz.

weight doent really seem to matter as much as balance.... the inner core has a weight in the center as well as the ends and the contoured grip added to that made it impossible for me to learn.

Maybe its just me but i.ve learned a billion times more since i stopped trying to learn contact with an innercore. Could be it was that i didnt try hard enough but I really couldnt manage it. Now i have a few differnt sticks for different things.

I would def want inner cores for non contact spinning (i broke mine so have to buy a new one) they feel great and practically spin themselves. Take good care of them though. I messed my one up pretty bad..

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
I hear ya Ado-p smile

Personnaly now i also use a differant stick for contact, but i wouldnt right off the innercore totally, contact is possible for sure wink

I used to do some sweet contact with mine, but since "upgradin" to my own stix i seem to be getting worse and worse with the innercores - hence why i only use them for doubles stuff now cool

The more you play the more you get used too i guess, what i am findin now though is having a stick for each style of spinning you do is becomming a trasportation nightmare! ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
yeah I hear that too

as soon as my new sticks arrive from scotty land i'll have about seven

and i love em all

and i cant drive

ubblol

Love is the law.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I think I've seen your sticks... I'm going to the orifice soon and will nose around in there...

7! eek

That's more than I have!

Well, I could bump that up, with old ones without wick, and practise ones, but really... 7!

What are their names?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I only named the ones i actually use.

I have two 1.5m for contact/spinning., one light, one heavy. Bastano 1.0 (now warped) and Bastano 2.0 respectivly.

One wooden short one that i dont use so it shall remain nameless, loveless and mute.

Two short 100mm matching slinky doubles i made last week. I have to wait till i light them for the first time before i complete the naming ceramony.

And two shiney new pook sticks.

This isnt including the two i've already broken. One wooden firetoys staff and one innercore (they were both red and both called roxanne).

I figured trying out as many as possible was a good way to find what works for me. It worked. They all work!!!! and now the sticks are taking over my life and possibly my house.

You see the sticks yet? Are they lovely? They sound lovely....
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1101310158)

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

7! eek

That's more than I have!

Well, I could bump that up, with old ones without wick, and practise ones, but really... 7!

At the risk of sounding a staff junky (well iguess ill have to come to terms with it sooner or later) i have 10..........and sadly only one has a name, that be my favorite stick called bounce, reason being is coz its the only staff ive got that hasnt bent / kinked due to over use!

I may go to my intro thread no to see if anyone fancies helping me name the other 9 ubblol

Like you Ado-p - i love them all, as they all have a place in my hand at somepoint during a week ubblove

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

I only named the ones i actually use.

I have two 1.5m for contact/spinning., one light, one heavy. Bastano 1.0 (now warped) and Bastano 2.0 respectivly.

i quite fancy Bastano 1.0, even if it is a bit warped....

.....not that different from everyone i know really..... ubbrollsmile

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I have seen the box... but not the sticks...

frown

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
eek egads 10 sticks is a lot...
Then again I have managed to LOSE 5 sticks (all fire ones too) this year alone. It is not as bad as it sounds, because two were lost in a natural disaster

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
I've got 9... plus some bits of plastic that used to be sticks, and some bits of plastic that will soon be sticks.

The sea ate one of my sticks last year. And the cinema ate 3. frown

I saw the box too!

Mine have names but i cannot write them in your language...

monkeys ate my brain

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
ooohhhh

was it a nice box?

Love is the law.

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
I tried to open it up and have a look, but there was an eerie green glow and the spirits of 1000 tortured souls hungry for the blood of the living spilled out and wreaked havoc in the office.

So it was quite a nice box, but now it's covered in ectoplasm. Sorry.

monkeys ate my brain

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol