FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ahaaaaaaa im back from melburp! actually, i got back on monday night, but have been sleeping muchly and laying low since my return to two headed land.......

Firstly! YAY for melburp! i dont love the city but i do loves the ppl!

BENDER, ARSN, STEVE n CLARE! You guys were so aweeeeeeeeesome!!! fank you so, SO! much for meeting me and showing me stuff and just hanging out, i hope a good time was had by all cos i know i certainly had a blast.... ` am still working on nailing all the moves you showed me, Arsn n Steve!... havent shown em to Sparx yet, i've been practicing while he isnt around so i dont look like a fool showing him.... `

hmmm on a different note, me the average Poi'er has been asked to teach an Attention Deficit Disorder Boy how to poi, any tips anyone??? also i got to see the Beaming Balls "art of poi" vid the other day omg, how bad is my technique! *sheepish grin*

did everyone miss me? lol, i missed posting! i was in serious HOP withdrawals! My ordinary melburp friends got SO sick of me ranting about HOP they had to tell me to shut up....... hehehee, i guess they just dont know the joy of spinning....

also!~ went to juggle art an purchased kevlar! *super huge grin* so i will be constructing some fire wicks this weekend for Sparx and myself! andddd hopefully we'll have some flames spinning soon!

Thats about it, i think, sorry for the length of this post..... and thanks again to the every so freindly (and not really scary) Arsn and Bender! you guys were great! `

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
great to know that you had an enjoyable stay! you should come back in the summer - t'would be so much better outdoors twirling!
yay i managed to hurt myself with those swords. The scary thing is, i didn't expect it.
I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Flynt:

hmmm on a different note, me the average Poi'er has been asked to teach an Attention Deficit Disorder Boy how to poi, any tips anyone???

I have ADHD and I taught myself. The trick is that he has to want to do it. If he wants to, then it should go well. If someone has decided that this will be "good for him" then it will be a nightmare.

I refuse to consider poi spinning as a therapeutic modality even for a second. Nuh-uh. You can't make me!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
My Mum works at his school and asked him if he'd like ot do it, he seems fairly enthusiastic about the whole thing..... so im hoping it will go well?

on another note, Arsn, Bender, the tuck turn you taught me on saturday doesnt match up with the one on HOP..... i was doing it right! lol `

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!

sorry, just ahd to do it.... `

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Flynt, glad to hear you had a good weekend in Melb.

I was also in Melb last weekend, and while we didn’t meet, I would also like to thank Bender and Arsn for being generous hosts and showing me some amazing tricks. It was an education

The ABC had an interesting report on ADHD in their health dimensions show. You might pick up some leads from the transcripts.

Catch ya

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh