Forums > Social Chat > Life.. and its adversities

Login/Join to Participate

Twisted ClownBRONZE Member
102 posts

Posted:
How do you know when its time..???

When its time to decide whether your life is about to take a turning point and you have had enougth of the day to day grind of a relationship....

For example if a person has spent a great deal of time and effort into something that really matters only to feel that it has been nothing but a wasted effort how do you know when you have to except that things may never be what you want and that no matter what may come of the situation it must be realised that its time!!!!!!!!! confused

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
i would say it differs per person, per situation. it took me 3 years to realize a reltionship i was in was no good for me, but i've figured out a job or hobbie is not what i want in a few weeks. it all depends dervish, that may not be the answer your looking for, and it is just an opinion...........just remember if your not growing as a person, is it worth it?
meditate

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I've just split up with a girlfriend of 4 years because i was having doubts about it.

it's the best thing i've done for a long time.

i'd say if you have doubts, try something else. simple as that.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
well you have to think are you happy the way things are?
if not then maybe, if you are happy though then maybe not.
i think maybe you just know.
did that make sence?

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

102 posts

Posted:
unfortunately its not as easy as that there are other ppl involved namely my boys but i dont wanna be a part time daddy and i also want whats best for them its not an ideal situation i know but im just so mixed up and confused i have decided to take a few days to myself to sort out my already muddled head and find a solution thanks for the feedback and i will keep it in mind.

may the flame embrace you heart thankx

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I see what everyone's saying.. but personally, I think that sometimes (and only sometimes) when you have doubts, you can still work at it and come out stronger. There have been times between myself and my lady where it's got very hard, like when I lived 100 miles away for a year. We both had doubts, and it was horrible at times... arguing... pain... but in the end we've come out stronger. Our relationship is better than ever (after 3 years), lots of little problems we both had that worked their way into big doubts and stuff.. all gone. But it is a big effort for both people, and it looked pretty bleak at times.

At the same time, I've been in past relationships, clinging on to what wasn't there anymore. It can be a bad idea. I think it depends most upon the person you're with - because if you've given the relationship enough thought to worry about it, chances are you're willing to put in the work.

You say that things may never be the way you want though... and that's not good for you, certainly.

*good vibrations*

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

102 posts

Posted:
I appreciate your post nearly and it has definately brought my to realise that things are worth staying and fighting for especially for my family but when the one that you give your heart to completely becomes hard to live with and snaps at the slightest suggestion of adversity i become to wounder what her true feelings are and that is when my doubts come to light. dont get me wrong i feel that we feel the same way towrds eachother its just the not knowing thats all.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
The best things in life are worth fighting for, or perhaps over.

*never thought about it that way.

Either way I wish you the best of luck! You probably know your own relationship best.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

102 posts

Posted:
Spanner my friend this is the problem she knows all of this i have been fighting for 3 years to try and sort this out and when i feel as though i am getting somewhere it just returns she tells me she loves me but then she can also turn round and say she isnt sure or that she doesnt know i think more then anything im just tired of being hurt i think.