Ariadmember
66 posts

Posted:
I have just hit my head with this new (for me) move.

It's on the basis of a windmill.
Do a windmill, when both hands are infront of your head and the poi are low, instead of bringing your hands behind your head, make them wrap around each other, the same way as 5weave.
This will cause the poi to do another circle infront of your head, and then move them bth and continue the windmill.

BUT
now your hands are crossed, and your doing a crossed windmill(?) which is nice but not impressive, because the poi are moving toghether.
you can seperate them to return to a normal windmill, by moving only one infront of your face, and then continue. But for it to look nicer, do the exact hand warp behind your head after you did it infront of it, and move the poi infront of your head, and then wrap the hands again and continue to do that until you had anough of it.

This is the same move as a 5 weave, but based on a windmill.

Is that cool?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yup... i think you'll find this is a 4-beat windmill though, cos if it was 5 it wouldn't be a windmill... but i'm probably wrong. well done anyway! biggrin the same concept can be applied to a corkscrew funnily enough... wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yay for 4 bt windmill - i seem to recall lossing several chunks of skin from my nose when learning that move.....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Its a fun move to do corkscrew style, when you bring it down in front you can turn around it 180 degrees or so(well I guess you technically walk around it). Windmill wise, its kind of nifty to do a quick turn while behind your head into a weave (hard to visualize, but you can transition that way, the extra beats behind your head turn into the extra beats of a 5beat weave, you have to move quick to keep up or else you get hit)

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ariad

now your hands are crossed, and your doing a crossed windmill(?) which is nice but not impressive, because the poi are moving toghether.

Keep practicing, and you'll get it that the poi aren't spinning together.

4 beat windmills/ corkscrews are the ones I learned first, and I love them. Putting that extra beat in there gives you more time to move and do different things with them.
Make sure you practice them going both ways though. wink

I'm currently trying to improve my 6 beat corkscrew. It looks nice when done slowly, but I swear I'm losing some of my flexibility. umm

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
As the others say what you're doing is indeed a 4bt windmill.

But for a proper mindfuck (and face basher wink) you can actually do a sort of 3bt windmill... it will be a touch lopsided, but the same hand motions as a regular 3bt weave behind your head.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Ariadmember
66 posts

Posted:
Yea now i understand that it's only 4, acctualy it's better cuz now I cant be dissapointed that it's a regular 5 bit only that it's above the head.

Is it a wellknown one? or just another move nobody realy likes to talk about?

like2danceSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
hey guys, i'm kinda imbarrassed to be typing in here b/c i'm so new at this and i feel like i'm never going to get good redface, i did buy the video but i don't recall ever seeing the move windmill, can you help me understand how to do that? confusedi know i've seen it just don't know how to do it

MagikMuzik

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons/poi_lessons.php/poi/21

smile

"Moo," said the happy cow.