Forums > Help! > Spilled Fuel Risks

Login/Join to Participate

Madam Flame
Madam Flame

Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
Total posts: 308
Posted:I spilled my Coleman White Gas on my garage floor, about 5 cups worth. Does anyone have any idea what I do now? I mopped it up the best I could, I didn't have kitty litter to soak it up with. I was just wondering if after it's dry if there are any risks left from the spill(still flamable, fumes, left over, toxins that will affect my dog)? Any help would be appreciated.

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

Delete Topic

flash fire
flash fire

Sporadically Prodigal
Total posts: 2758
Posted:I'd get a broom and some detergent and give it a thorough scrubbing. Dogs love to lick stuff and white gas is highly carcinogenic.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Delete

Eera
old hand
Total posts: 1107
Posted:You can buy stuff from hardware stores to soak oil spills out of concrete. I've also heard that mild acids like vonegar can do good things, though spot test it first to make sure you don't get any bad chemical reactions.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Delete

Cody
Cody

That guy from Reno
Total posts: 556
Posted:You spilled white gass right? It's always been my experiance that white gass evaporates quickly. In fact I can fly with my wicks because ther is no fuel resedue, it's all evaporated. If it left a mark on the floor it's probably a clean spot. Make sure the area is well ventelated, and if you have other concerns put a fan near the spill area. If you can still smell it, you need to vent the area. wink

I can understand concerns about kerosine or lamp oil spills, but white gass, unless it's contaminated, dissapears. biggrin

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

Delete

Madam Flame
Madam Flame

Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
Total posts: 308
Posted:Thanks for everyone's help. I really appreciate it, & so does my precious dog.

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

Delete