Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
Ok Pele recently was asked to twirl at a baby shower of all places and I gots to thinking how many other weird places has everyone been asked to twirl at? Personally I have not had any weird places, the oddest would be in the rain, and I don't find that very odd at all. So try to help spice up my life and tell me your craziest!
Molly

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I'm twirling at a family reunion in few weeks. Not too unusual except that my family is scottish and I'll be twirling to live bagpipes.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Just for the hell of it, I spun in the middle of a blizzard....

The problem with stunts like that is that I don't get to see them. I was told that it was awesome, but what would I know? I was in the middle of it...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
check 'the royal flush' thread in events, performances and gatherings section. We got asked to spin at a fundraisng event to raise money for new public toilets at our local park (Where we hold the in/famous Poi in the Park). Seemed a pretty odd place to be spinning to me, but what a fantastic day it was! got some good pictures too

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
At a classical/firework concert in Norway, in the middle of the audience (to 'A Night on Witch Mountain). Not often you get a full live orchestra as backing!

On top of an (open top) double decker bus!

In the 'Casa Batallo' one of Gaudi's buildings (not usually open to the public) in Barcelona, for the launch party of a new perfume for Hugo Boss!

In Dubai, in the desert, on top of a (i kid you not) castle made of polystyrene.

On an tiny island in scandinavia with only a lighthouse and a bar on it (owned by a man with a metal claw for one hand).

And many, many more...

I love the variety of work i get.

Axis.

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Paddy! Twirling to bagpipes is the BEST! They also sound great with african drumming! (well I think so anyway...)

We resently did a gig at a church.... with the fire breathing Goth fellas from Incendium.... That felt pretty strange.

And another one we did for some convention where the act before us were Brizilan Dancers wearing sparkling sequined G-strings with beads hanging off them all shaking arround and stuff.... I've never in all my life seen so many bottoms dancing arround at once! And all I could think of is *How the hell are we ment to follow that!?! All we've got are a few meazly fire props... They've got Brazilian Bare Bums!*

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Someone should try spinning to bagpipes and african drums at the same time...

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
That's what I ment Twirling to bagpipes and drums! there's nothing like it... One night at Moon Fest with the usual drum circle playing away... Allen got out his pipes and just jammed with them! and twirling to that was one of the best twirling moments I've had! It was great!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Axis that must've been sooooo amazing spinning in the Casa Batillo, even to stand outside and look at the building is awe-inspiring in itself!

Last Sunday we span on a dry ski slope (fake plastic snow), seven of us dotted around on the kickers and halfpipe.

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
I have also spun to bagpipes, now you mention it, at Berkley Castle, i think it was...

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
first of all bagpipes and drums sounds very neat. I guess the coolest I have ever done was to about 50 african drummers at a festival a few weeks ago. For once everyone didn't stop when the fire started so I actually had some cool beats to twirl too. Secondly Axis seems to live a pretty incredible life! Do you actually do this for a living or just tote your tools with you everywhere you go?
I can realte to the reunion thing, I twirled for my whole family together the first time any of them saw me. It was a little crazy cause the small children were a little frightened of me afterward not sure if I was really their aunt or not.
thanks for all the great stories, keep em coming!
Molly

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ohh got you all beat, my church and local Pizza Hutt parking lot!!

*realizes that these arnt great new places and ducks back into the shadows from whence he came*

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Yes, i try to scrape together some sort of existence as a professional performer.

And no, not all the jobs i do are quite as exciting or unusual as the ones i mentioned above.

Can't beat it for variety, though!

Axis.