MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I have a painful confession to make. Im a 21 year old man and I don't know how to comb my own hair. For the past ten years or so, Ive either wore a hat or just comb it straight in its natural pattern. Lately, however, Ive been wanting to get away from the hats and let my hair be free. I look young to begin with and wearing hats make me look even younger. Sometimes when I get home from work (at which I still wear a hat) Ill take my hat off and notice that I look rather good with the way my hair has fallen. But alas, I can never comb it to look that way or even straighten it out right. I dont know what to do with my hair and its annoying me.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to comb hair or what kind of products to use in it? I have what I believe to be the average men's hair cut... Short around the sides, bout 3/4 inch fading to about 2 inches on top. And so far, Ive just been using normal hair gel which, admittedly, is probably half the problem. Ive even gone so far as to search the internet for "men's hair combing lessons" to no avail. Can anyone help me with this horrible hair crisis?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i havnt combed my hair for about 3 (or more?) years so i dunno, but good luck finding out smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
Well that's the reason i shave my head, i hate combing and brushing (so of course the fates decided to bless with a little daughter) and all she wants is her hair brushed....so.....the longer you keep it brushed one way it will become what they called "trained" meening it will stick that way..

as for products.....gels worked best for me when i had hair, and for my daughter i use this anti friz + shin gel stuff
k bye
wave

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
hah.. my tips are as follow.. take a shower and dry your hair off.. however it falls after you dry your hair is how you shoudl wear it.. take a little bit of gell rub it on your hands and just run it all through your hair and kind of "scratch and pull" your hair untill its all messy but not too messy.. men dont use combs.. so man up.. =P

::::does a little monkey man dance::::
You'll understand when you see his dancing feet

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
comb ur hair ay what a tricky idea for the last about 5 years ive just dug whatever my hair looks like when i see it in the mirror in the morning

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
comb?? what's a comb?? ubbloco

i'm a girl with long hair & i don't even comb!! i might only brush my hair once a week, if can be bothered!! ubblol

but i'm just lazy...

i reckon just use some hair product that isn't gel (cos that stuff is evil!) & jzuz (sp?? you know - the queer eye thing??) it a bit!

good luck!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
Shave you head, then all your worries will be over.

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

Stormy, Queen of VodkaThe HoP Industrial Rainbow Fairy
385 posts

Posted:
Just use a good shampoo and conditioner, and try to blow dry your hair when you get out of the bath/shower. While you're blowdrying it, just run a comb through it every now and then. There won't be any tangles cause of the conditioner, and it will go semi-straight with the heat.

Whenever you comb your hair when it's dry, remember to start from the ends and then work your way up. So just brush the first few inches all the way round, then go back around and add a couple more inches and so on and so on. This way you don't damage your hair by pulling it, which will cause it to split and kink.

If when it's dry you find any kinks or slept-in bits, I suggest investing in a little spray bottle and filling it with water. A few sprays over your hair and run through with a comb from bottom to top will straighten it out biggrin

Before I was stupid and burned most of it off (so therefore had to cut it short) I had hair down to my waist. I know how kinked hair is and how much of a pain in the ass brushing your hair is, no matter how short or long, but if these tecniques worked for my stupidly long hair, they should work for any length biggrin Hope that helped!

†.You've got invisible fangs and cherry nun bangs,
Your erotic cabaret is non stop
You're wearing too many belts
And I bet they leave welts
Shut up and dance cause I wanna pop.†

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
why would you want to stop wearing hats!!!

i always have my head covered (hat, head scarf, even a visor or a head band!) when i leave the house unless im at school or something formal! ubbrollsmile

i'd say to just try and let your hair fall naturally, or have a look at others and see what you like, or experiment infront of the mirror one day (no-one needs to know that you're doing something so vain wink)
EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1090406957)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
i saw a guy last night with the longest dreads i've ever seen. the longest ones were right down to the back of his knees. they were blond, and very very nice ubblove

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! **bounces up and down**
Can I do your hair for you? Pleeeeeeeeeeease? I'll even teach you how to do it yourself! biggrin
Can I? Huh, huh, huh? ubbrollsmile

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
My hair in its natural, straight-from-the-shower, look is just too straight and boring. TuTu, your suggestion is good but for some reason I can never make it look right that way. Its either too messy and I have loose hair sticking out at the wrong spot or too gelled up.

Elanna, Id love for you to do my hair! Yer in Philly ATM eh? Ill be at Clark Park later today if ya wanna stop by smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me