Vestergaardstranger
22 posts

Posted:
Please disregard the date - it is not a sugestion.

I am interested in knowing, if there are poiswingers nearby (or faraway...?) who would like to make some kind of poi-gathering in Denmark. My first sugestion would be Aaborg, as that is where I live. But I am of course open to other sugestions.

As I have got a few contacts from some performances, I might even be able to get us some kind of paid show - maybe an opportunity to fund possible long-distance participants.

Hope to hear from some of you out there.

Christian.

PS: As my computer died not long ago, I haven't got internet-access at my own place. However, if you want to contact me urgent, you may do it at chr.vestergaard@post.3.dk (email account on my mobile)

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
yeah, I'd be really interesting in coming up to Denmark for a weekend long gathering! I might be able to talk a couple other non HoPpers around here into going as well. Got any actual time period in mind?

Never been up to Aalborg (only Odense and Copenhagen). What is it like up there?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Vestergaardstranger
22 posts

Posted:
Haven't got any time period in mind. At the moment I'm looking for events nearby that would be able to welcome a large scale show. Otherwise we will arrange it ourselves in one of the city parks.

Aalborg is the no. 1 party city in Denmark. It has got an entire street dedicated to night life, and with very affordable prices!! You can get a pint of lager for 1,30 Euro and a wide selection of drinks at about the same price or even cheaper. Very cheap compared to Danish "going out-prizes".

It has been a party city since the 16th century, as it was the favoured "relaxation-resort" of the Kings and Lords back then...

Nothing has really changed since then. The main attraction is undoubtedly: Going out!!

Hangstrupmember
18 posts

Posted:
Jeg er frisk!!

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
hej alle!
I would vote for århus, as that is where I always end up... I am in Australia at the moment, but Denmark is my home away from home, and if there is stuff happening the next time I am in the country, I would definitely be up for a spin. smile
aalborg could be fun also.

Eveish
Hangstrup - hvor i Danmark er du fra?

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Hangstrupmember
18 posts

Posted:
Eveish - Jeg bor i Års nu, men fra januar 2006 flytter jeg til Århus for at læse til maskinmester.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
cool nok smile
I didn't expect there to be danish conversation on here! it's great! Oh how I miss DK, especially those pretty Danish accents wink
I still dream in danish sometimes.., and when I wake up, I go into the kitchen and randomly start babbling at someone.. it usually isn't until their confused facial expressions tell me that I am not talking the right language that I realize what i've been doing!
eek!
redface hug
so hows the weather over there today? still raining?

Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Hangstrupmember
18 posts

Posted:
Yes, this time of year it's always raining. smile

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I know it's a long way a off, but is anyone going to Roskilde Festival next year?

They don't like fire at all, but it'd be fun to get some poi going - I don't see any this year at all!

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Hangstrupmember
18 posts

Posted:
I'm going. We had a little poi action in our camp this year, but no, they don't like open fire over there at all!! I'm sure we'll be a lot of spinners form Års next year.

addisonhmember
2 posts

Posted:
Do any fire lovers know of groups, casual or for hire, that spin poi in Copenhagen, Denmark? I've got to insert myself into that wonderful scene:)