Forums > Social Chat > POI/SWINGING LIGHT STICK FREESTYLE VIDEO (Link and Details Inside)

Login/Join to Participate

DrJmember
6 posts

Posted:
This video is large, but well worth the download time. It took place at a Yoyo contest. It is in DivX format. which means that you must have windows media player and the DivX codec. the codec can be downloaded at. https://www.divx-digest.net/software/encode/divx_311alpha.exeThe
video is here. Enjoy.https://www.theglasslab.com/bigvids/tglglowsticks.avi------------------Justin Williams

Justin Williams

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Sweet Video! That's really awesome, i especially like his jumprope trick [too bad i'm not flexy enough to do that frown]. I'm still trying to figure out how he goes from the butterfly to the weave. I really like his wrap tricks [the + side of using glowsticks instead of fire, + glowsticks look more "techy" instead of the "tribal" feel of fire]. Oh well, Thanx for the video, got NEmore?------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

DrJmember
6 posts

Posted:
Well, here's another demonstration by james of Photon lights. This is increadibly cool, you really have to get a set of these lights and try this, funner than sex. ahem, excuse me.https://www.theglasslab.com/bigvids/tglphotons.aviEnjoy.------------------Justin Williams

Justin Williams

DrJmember
6 posts

Posted:
Here's some info on the video.the music used is Alice Deejay - Better off alone. Very worn out track, first used by jason lee in a yoyo contest.Yes, if you listen closly in the video, someone calls him a poodle.the jump rope type trick you are reffering to is taken from a yoyo trick called Texas Cowboy. very stylish.I have more videos to expose to you peoples, keep an eye out.------------------Justin Williams

Justin Williams

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Yea, i saw the photon light show. Really NeAT what he does with'm. I can't figure out what's playing while he's doing the photon lights though... NE ideas?------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
yeap he seems like a good swinger and he can do some really cool wraps - it's a bit of a shame he messed up a bit in some of the moves though...it's so annoying when your strings get tangled! frown the thing that struck me as odd is that he kept on doing butterflies and weaves and variations of those 2 moves with different transitions and wraps; not a lot of other moves though; it seemed to me that the strings he used were too long for inside circles so that maybe the reason for not doing moves like the corkscrew etc on the other hand there wasn't any behind the back weaves or stuff like that either, which surprises me since i would expect those moves to appear in what seems to me like a more 'technical' competition... btw the jumprope trick is really cool; i don't think i am flexi enough to pull it through though! oh well maybe some day... smilehappy swinging,Simos

DrJmember
6 posts

Posted:
In the Photon Light video, james uses... Photon lights. they are the size of quaters, but have the exposure of a normal sized flashlight. they are very bright and easy to conseal. yet, very expensive. for retail, they are 20 bucks. but look on e-bay and get some good deals.------------------Justin Williams

Justin Williams

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
i too, am wondering what song is played when he does the photon lights. DrJ, or anyone, do you know what song that is?Hapes-Nova, music-curious glowsticker

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
well well, i guess i answered my own question. i did a little bit of searching and found out that the song being played while james does photons is called: Look at us now Baby, by Sarina Paris. im not sure if its Sarina, or Serina, but, whatever. in the video clip, i think the song is sped up, because it goes faster and everything is higher pitched than in the song that i found.Hapes-Nova, triumphant glowsticker

manganatemember
5 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it's definitely Sarina Paris - Look at Us Now. And photon prices do get a little steep but www.iloveraving.com has the cheapest ones I could find.------------------It's a rave new world

It's a rave new world

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yay _another_ windows / micro$oft specific technology.cool.nufin like releasing windows specific codecs to kill the other OSs...Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
botachtactical.com has really cheap photon lights. $12 per light and if you order before Feb. 28th, you get 15% off!!! Hope this helps you guys.

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Josh, well it was MS specific before it got hacked into DivX. Currently I think it can only be encoded on the PC, but can be viewed on Mac and Linux also.I don't have the exact urls, but if you do some searching on Google, should be able to find more info.The newest MS codecs are seeking to overcome DivX, but at the same time there are projects like OpenDivX being worked on that never used any of MS's code to begin with, and should hopefully keep stuff going for all platforms.

FuLLeFecTmember
3 posts

Posted:
hey there im James Lac im the one that did that glowstick/poi swinging demo just to let you all know i started on that rutine about a week before that performanceso i only been doin it for 2 weeks at most and taught myself from basicly not knowing how to swing at allim still learning all the behind the back stuff and cork screw is really ezy for me but i dont like doing it cuz to i juss dont really like how it looks wen i bend over but im still practicing and learning more and more moves im glad that you enjoyed my preformancethanks....------------------Running water never becomes stale... so keep flowing - The Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee[This message has been edited by FuLLeFecT (edited 04 March 2001).]

Running water never becomes stale... so keep flowing - The Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey James grin - i am glad you could make it! welcome to the board! oh and btw nice wraps... smilehappy swinging,Simos