Forums > Social Chat > It ain't over till the fat lady sings...

Login/Join to Participate

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if anyone else enjoys opera or anything else instramental, I have been getting chills down my back each time I have been hearing Gortoz ran from the movie of Black Hawk Down, It' as if you can feel the sorrow for the fallin victims of war in the singers voices... I thought some people may want to listen to this...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
The Tea Party are beautifully instramental... the amount of different musical instramnets that the lead singer Jeff Martin can play is amazing...I have been spinning to a really great cd called "let the spirit out" lately.. its by a band called SI from Byron Bay and they do natural techno with the didge and bongos... its unreal...also loving the song "stars" but for the life of me I cant remember who its by...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Have you guys heard of a band called Rasputina? They're a gothic type group that uses celloes, drums, and electronics. When I first heard them, it took a while for my ears to hear all that was going on, but once I did I thought they were brilliant. Their website is also pretty amusing. There's some opera that is sampled in a song called "Love Never Dies" by Apoptygma Bezerk that I really like and I can never remember its name except that it begins with a C. Miranda Sex Garden have amazing opera-esque and old Irsih style music and vocals.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I actually like Bach a lot. Great music for relaxing with friends, studying, reading, etc.

In particular, I like his "Water Music," for relaxing and "Tocatta in D Major" for more frenetic times. "Tocatta" is "haunted house music."

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I actually like Bach a lot. Great music for relaxing with friends, studying, reading, etc.

In particular, I like his "Water Music," for relaxing and "Tocatta in D Major" for more frenetic times. "Tocatta" is "haunted house music."

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura