Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Is there are any way that you could combine a fire staff trick, with... oh... say, fire breathing? ubbrollsmile ubbloco eek

I just wanted to make sure this was a safe and theaseable idea b4 trying it. Any1 with any suggestions or comments?

peace Peace Out! meditate

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Lenny87BRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
always a nice opening if you breath on the staff in the beginning smile
but any trick to add? is if you know contact staff and you spin it slow on your head
you can time and breath on the fire when it passes in front of you smile
hope this helps ubbrollsmile

10,530 posts

Posted:
cool! I'll definately try that one!

Thanks a lot!

peace Peace Out! meditate

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Lenny87BRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
No problem smile

any more idéas of combining this? want more myself =)=)

ubbloco ubbloco

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
A good friend of mine spent three months in hospital because he tripped over while doing fire staff with a mouth full of kero, and inhaled some - easy to do. fire breathing is dangerous enough without trying to do other tricks at the same time.

have you read this?

A Season in Hell - is about a very experienced fire breather's accident. If it can happen to someone who is very highly skilled, experienced and safety aware - it can happen to anyone.

The article you link to from this site is very specific about the set up and prepation for a fire breathe. The longer you hold the fuel in your mouth, and the more you are doing which requires concentration, the much higher the risk is - and considering you are already doing something which regularly puts ppl on lifesupport - do you really want to be multiplying the risks?

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
If i ever was to breath again, id do it straight after burn off. Actually isn't that the whole point of burnoff?!? So you never need to breath cause you can make 2 huge fireballs for the price of one, and there is virtually no risk of your life. umm

[Old link]
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1085717230)

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
if you *really* have to put in yo routine, get it outta the way at the beginning. if you really have to firebreath, it's good to line yo mouth wif yoghurt or milk, and it's good to not breathe downward. All of firetwirling is a risk, it's up to all of us to wisely manage em.
personally i's never breathed and probs never will

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

10,530 posts

Posted:
My mums boyfriend, and my staff teacher, had a minging accident with breathing. He was using ethonul, and his body was numbed so he didnt feel fuel dripping sown his chest. Whoooosh! 3 months later and the skin still looked lobster ish.

I've never breathed, but Ive always tinkered with the idea. Although I am having after thoughts...

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
Written by: bender™

........, and it's good to not breathe downward..........

yes. id agree with that.
id even go further to say that its not only not good to breathe downwards but may even be a smidgeon dangerous to breathe down

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

Pa-li-tchistranger
22 posts

Posted:
I also have one skilled friend with this experience, good to know about this........its only about concentration, like Kung-Fu........just train, train, train.......and clear your head before you do anything with fire, you know? of course you know...... devil

.:full power:.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Written by:

........its only about concentration

Please accept my apologies for disagreeing with you, however, it is NOT all about concentration.

It's about fuels (which are never exactly the same by their very nature), it's about the human body which is not perfect in all that it does, it's about the movement of air caused by weather and traffic and a thousand other reasons, its about humidity in the air, it's about what you ate for breakfast, it's about...

Well, sorry to go on, but no matter how hard you concentrate, there are a thousand other factors that can affect a breathe.

Thanks for listening...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Klaymen180 posts

Posted:
Wow, that's a pretty intense experience of Pele's. Buggered if I'm fire-breathing again, and to think I tried it without practising too, I just gave it a try one time. The risks involved with such a small trick are just way to high. Just get more awesome at twirling and possibly do some mad flips :P.

- Klaymen