Forums > Social Chat > Glowstix at Raves....?

Login/Join to Participate

fujisawamember
11 posts

Posted:
Nah... I'm actually doin' Fire at raves now. I know the promoters and venue people to do so! It's great! Glowstix? Yeah when I'm inside but now I'm actually gonna be paid to do fire at raves. WAH-HOO!

-Fuji

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
fire fire and $$ $$ good job man!
do you have a spotter dude n extinguisher? i'm too lazy to carry either to raves, so glowies are the gowies. i get this confused/crazed mindset alot at raves

smokey the bear sez: "burn mofo burn!"

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Bender... I'm lost for words... who is the overly gorgeous girl on your right ( pictures left )... I must know... please... I'll do anything... lifts an eyebrow... anything...

[ 03 May 2002, 17:02: Message edited by: Arsn ]

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

6,978 posts

Posted:
umm I can pass her your number, but uh.. *blushes*
/runs off before face goes crimson as a slapped ass

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
HELL yeah
quote:
Nah... I'm actually doin' Fire at raves now. I know the promoters and venue people to do so! It's great! Glowstix? Yeah when I'm inside but now I'm actually gonna be paid to do fire at raves. WAH-HOO!
I'm getting paid too
went to one in Pittsburg for Dave ralph, Irene, Micro, Aquaviva, DJ Craze was PHAT, on stage with spotters, permits, fire safety, really got the crowd goin

i just got booked today for Scott henry and John Tab in june near me, its gonna be phat.

Congrats on the gigs, its so fun
it adds a WHOLE NEW DIMMENSION to a party

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

1,903 posts

Posted:
Now I don't want to sound disperate... but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

By the way Bender... Read your e-mail...

1,903 posts

Posted:
I still can't get over her... she's... I'm... absoulutly... her... HELP ME!!!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Really, really, really very scary eyes and grin!

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Looks like he had an extra helping from the "Fun Bag" that night! I have a couple of friends with wierd contacts like that. They really f*ck with people! Me likeee!

I have recently started to get gigs at raves myself. I have residency at a new club just a little south of Charlotte that is blowing up! I'm getting a lot of exposure, and it has already opened up pathways to more gig for me. I am going to be doing a couple of choreographed sets with a friend of mine for some variety shows at a local non-rave club here, and I am going to talk to a club owner in Charleston, SC about monthly fire performances. I have also talked to and gotten strong commitment from a friend of mine who runs one of the largest production companies in the South, Phunk-O-Delic. He said "Name your price. And I'll get you VIP, guest list, backstage to meet the DJs." Sweet. First gig...Irene, Rick West, and possibly...Monk!! (Just for side note, I don't have a contract yet because I'm working on the permits)

Lots more stuff in the works. Here's to fire at the CLUB!!!

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I'm with Dom ... SCARY eyes, man !!!! like cat's eyes (or are these lense ? or am I naive ? or ...) after seeing the pic, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight
And do something to help Arsn, please, the lady is very charming I agree

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yes, those are lenses, and yes you are naive.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

fujisawamember
11 posts

Posted:
Yeah man, I've got a spotter. Everything's a go. If anyone's in the Southeast, it'll be House of God in ATL on June 22, 2002. Come by!

It's so great to be able to bring a whole new thing to the ATL rave scene. Glowstix just got too common!

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Is that the Church/Tabernacle renamed again? What's the line-up? I'll come out and support you. I party in ATL all the time, and have a lot of friends down there. Email me with the details.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

1,903 posts

Posted:
Your ALL missing the point... WHO's the girl!!!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
How much did those contacts/lenses cost? I wanna get some blue ones

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Last time I looked into getting some of those lenses, they were about $300. That was a few years ago and since then I've discovered that I have serious issues with putting things in my eyes so I haven't checked recently.

I knew a guy at the goth clubs that had red ones like those. He made my fangs for me. (that smiley face was the closest I could find to a vampire grin)

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Holy... $300?! Dang! *sigh* I don't even have that much in my bank account

1,903 posts

Posted:
So her names Fire Drea ayy... pretty... thanks for posting another pic of her...

[ 10 May 2002, 14:03: Message edited by: Arsn ]

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I'm usually not one to gush over pictures of attractive people but I must say your friend is quite striking, bender. Say hello for me.

Is it just me or does anyone else find a person of your preferred gender 10 times more attractive if he/she can spin poi?

6,978 posts

Posted:
Aw man dun say that about drea man! it makes things.. difficult for me! she's the most beautiful person I've met in a long time and I'd say that even if i were blind. She's also the strongest platonic bond i've had .. ever .. with someone, and it's real beautiful+rare thing so i try n try not to think along those lines -> so THANKS guys for derailing me!
*giggles*
plus i think you'd make her blush unbelievably..
well at the least i asked if photos on the 'net would be okay, so i'll post another when i have the time.
.. now to think about ... something else...
placemats. mmmm unsexy kitchenware....

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Kinudin:
How much did those contacts/lenses cost? I wanna get some blue ones
Kinudin I dun wanna sound obsessed or nuthin but i do have a blu pair some of my best friends didn't know that they were contacts .. for years! for the record, i've never had 'normal' clear ones - i just dun have the personality for 'normal' or 'non-satanic'
the felineyes will be cheapa fer you as they were imported from the US - they're AU$450 and last for 12 months. Cheaper, Temporary ones should be released soon, no date tho. Staring and hissing with 'em are not nice tho.
As a shameless extrovert, i have no idea what to do with this attention.
/shrugs and digs into a pack of smoked bacon Thins with a Dragonbalz disk inside - i got a #D one! (saiyaman to the rescue!!)