Page: ...
whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
Sparkly new intro... (not that I'm bored and have to wait for my afternoon practical or anything)

I'm still Why biggrin

Now 24 (almost 1/4 century... yay me)

Over in Glasgow, officially, but can't help but visit Ed lots.

Eternal student, new degree in a new city (another 4 years to go)

Toy of choice: Staff - not good, but not useless... Don't practice much, but like to think I am getting good at teaching beginners' stuff ubbrollsmile

Other toys: Really interested (= not good, but now own one) in whips, bit of poi (well I can manage that one indoors), contact people (hugs, snuggling, non-serious acro).

Current fun move/working on: Why do I ask myself silly questions?

staff: 1-beats in stupid hand positions and places, fishtails (my left hand WILL get it eventually) and fishy transfers, elbow to wrist rolls, elbow pops, random stupid stall-y, devilsticky things... etc...

doubles: still only just starting out... looking for fluidity before thinking too much about "tricks"

whips: (I have no idea of terminology... so shall make things up the now:) still can't do a bloody simple over arm crack!, horizontal lasso cracks, low level multi cracks (4-5 indoors when I had a big corridor, 3 on grass), fun transition from low level to high... (3 low, 2 high with extra loud last high), wiggly multi-cracks

poi: (not really looked up terminology again) butterfly variations... kinda butterfly weave thing, between legs stuff, stalls, isolations, cleaning up 3 and 5 bt weaves, btb backwards weave (and eventually forwards...), trying to get head around airwraps still too

people: much hugging practice... still my total favourite move hug, and a few silly acro games with silly people :o)

Been to any gatherings? (mon) Ed fire nights until recently (uni started back), glasgow juggling (weds) and sometimes glas fire (fridays), Uberstaff, oooh went to my 1st EJC... was ace cool, hope to go to a few more convention type things...

hoping for Play, EJC, uberstaff, (mebbe even uberpoi!), who knows...

run out of time/self-questions

----------

Old me intro:

So since all, or enough of, the EUJS-er's have worked out who I am, I guess I should try being official about things

who?: why

you what?: "why"

Go by anything else?: Mike, Mikey, Mickey (the mouse-man), and a number of others including the ever popular "oi you!" (and am NOT BELINDA tongue )

age?: 22

sex?: male

located?: scotland currently, Edinburgh to be precise... studying at uni, originally hail from further south in the UK though

doing what?: I told you... student

play with?: staff... and very recently started the joy of poi... though I don't get a chance to play with either too much frown

any questions, just shout cool

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

a bit more.

(Sorry for the essay, I'm trying to avoid writing those abstracts I think)

stop procrastinating then spank

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I nearly got finished with them biggrin had to go to the work wine tasting so will finish them earlyish tomorrow but in time for submitting biggrin

Yummy wines though, and a fairly drunk wine tasting instructress who laughed every time she read out a description with the slightest innuendo ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

had to go to the work wine tasting

forced at gun-point I'm sure wink tongue

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Yeah. They made me ubblol
We'll have another one next Saturday at my boss's hen night, so I already know all the answers and which wine to have a BIG taster of smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
i misses mike *sad face*

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kit

i misses mike *sad face*

I misses you muchly too.

Still not sure whether I can invade the Troon yet... Uni's very scary this year :o/

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
yeah, its okay it may just bustle somewhere else. wanna visit?
promise not to take up much room and to buy you pizza.

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

Page: ...