T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Basic the idea behind this post is me being to lazy to have any ideas myself + not making it to the british i feel my staffing is lacking direction.

What am looking for is something new to sink my teeth into this summer not talking about a new move or two but move a new concept which can be expanded on and made personal to each spinner (like contact stuff was when i started it).

any ideas welcome

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
oh dear T&B is it all getting a bit easy for you??? ubblol

okay. something to keep you amused. this is just an idea ive tried it but i am not good enough..yet.
this is the problem with me posting stuff a lot is ideas that i do not yet have the skill to execute

one touch staff
only allow yourself to grip the staff for one full rotation before you have to throw. you end up doing lots of big throws to contact catches (i.e throw from hand catch on wrist. or near elbow) it works until you start dong a behind the back pass . when it gets to the point where you should pass youve easy had your rotation and i cant throw from a practically half nelson .
anyone???

straight staff
simple. inspired by simian.
find the central balance point of your staff balance then start tricking. think about how many different throws and catches and balances and rolls you can do while never ever spinning your staff.

fullstaff
inspired by my flatmate kez.
this is the simplest, simply be like kez and be silly enough to make a staff which is 8 feet long. ubbrollsmile
then try and use it.

like i say they are the spawning of my brain, some tried, some for you to hurt yourself with.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
[Old link] cool

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I remember reading that thread when I was a lurker! Yay!

[ Simian - I can't keep up with your avatars monkey-arm moving madness... but I love it.... offtopic ]

I think that first reply is damn fine and I'll be trying some of those things out tonight, the same goes for the thread link.

However - What I think would be best is to think about what patterns you want to make. Spins that stop a lot and change direction or static flames that light up what funny things your body is doing? Or mega massive fast spinning with continous throws from unusual body parts? Do you want to be a baton twirler?

Alternatively think about the move you enjoy the most / you do most often / you do least often / is the weirdest and then meditate on where you can take that move and it's variations. Meditate or think a lot, whatever comes first.

Right off to follow my own advice.

grouphug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Quote:

this has some stuff and things

stuff and things. Aren't we the lucky ones.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
fire contortion - its a bit like doing twister with a fire stick. You can limit it to non spinning, but I like to play by manipulating with no spin until Im all locked up and then doing a 1/2 or full spin to open up again into a new series of manipulations. It gets really fun when using doubles in 90 degree crossed planes. someting like tetris twister smile It might be boring with staffs which you cant fit 'inside' - I wouldnt know as I only use short staves.

Warning - this might look very silly to onlookers, and can involve you burning yourself.

Josh

I like this one; meditate

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Cheer everyone some really good ideas so far.

like the throwing idea particualy but think i might need more space then the confines of my room. Also about big staffs got myself a 12footer but its so big you need to treat it as a completly new toy was thinking what would be cool would be to use it as a pole-volt and try to do acrobactic tricks with the extra air time it give you. unfortunatly when ever you use it you get the feeling everone of three miles around you is watching you.confused

Contourtion stuff sounds interesting but can't quite invision it, think i'd need see it.

Anyway was playing about with staff today and had much more fun think it was mainly the lack of coffie in the blood stream had had be stumped yesterday. But it's always nice to hear about new ideas and directions to take staff even if it's far beond everone abities so please keep the ideas coming.

P.s. sorry about the personalised spellings hope you can understand it ok.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

ive given up contact and gone for running around pretending to be a ninja. it works for me.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I do that anyway, just without a stick. biggrin

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I do that anyway, just without a stick. biggrin

I thought you were a ninj4 tongue

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
that's just cos I'm l33t. nana offtopic hug hehe