Forums > Social Chat > Anyone know what happened???

Login/Join to Participate

M@TTmember
34 posts

Posted:
Something strange happened with my poi and I was wondering if anyone could explain it.

I was practicing in my driveway the other night and had just lit some freshly soaked poi. I use white gas for my fuel. I began to swing them at my sides, but not doing a whole rotation, just keeping them about knee high on the swings. When my left poi hit the top of its swing and began to go back downward it went out. It was still fully fueled and barely moving. I have no clue at all as to why it went out like that. Has anyone else seen this happen or know what might have happened???

-M@TTKeep the fire burning.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Aliens.

Obvious when you think about it really. I'm surprised you had to ask....

Meh

stickyfishmember
39 posts

Posted:
I beg to differ Cantus,
The fire extinguisher ray that alians use is not so accutate so near to the Earth's surface. There is no way they would have been able to extinguish one poi but not the other.
The only explination I can think of is an invisible lake floating a few centimeteres off the ground where your drive is. You should check it out because you could really mess your car up if you drive through it and get water in the engine.
Love & Peace from Lingfield

Rob

M@TTmember
34 posts

Posted:
As funny as it was to read those 2 replies, that didn't help me at all. There's got to be some sort of scientific explaination. Anyone?????

-M@TTKeep the fire burning.

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Wind??
if not,,,sorry man, It had to be the aliens. Its part of their plot to take over the world, they start at the poiers and work their way up...Turns out you're their first target

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
If you use white gas on a torch, and pull it just right, you can pull the torch right out of the fumes and put out the flame. When this happened did a little fire ball curl up into the air? If it did, those were the fumes burning off. It's actually a fire eating, tranfer trick. You just did it with your poi. The trick works best (at least for me) when the torches are fresh. It most have been a still night because it is hard to do in the wind. Pretty slim chances of it happening on accident. On another thread someone did the same tranfer on a staff, form one head to the other, but could never get it to work again. Hope that helped!

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
They were cold let em warm up a bit befor swinging.

Just on a side-note..... AHHHHHHHHH WHITE GAS IS EVIL GET RID OF IT! SATAN'S FUEL!

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yes, whitegas is satan's fuel... It's volatility makes it unpredictable.

What kind of wicks were you using?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Well you see I really know the answer to this one... no really...

You see it happens under a full moon, at our beaches. Where deep in the waters, hatch out of blue and purple eggs... shopping trollies. As they make their way arcoss the sand, one by one they end up ariving at local shopping centers.

Here they begin their life consuming a large range of products, from frozen to fruit. Soon they begin to question their lives, and begin to go look for a purpose.

However as they search for this purpose, they end up traped in water ways such as drains, rivers and gutters. And as heavy rains fall they are washed back out to our beaches. Where they each find a mate. After their one night of bliss, the male will fall over and die. The female will stay alive for only one more week only to lay her blue and purple egg.

So until the next full moon where eggs of these trollies will hatch, have a thought for each soon to be and all the mothers and fathers who have past away of the trollies at your local shopping center...

... oh wait a second... that has nothing to do with the fire problem of yours... sorry...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Do them trollies by chance have a face like stimpy?

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC